Can PM Modi persuade Pakistan's Establishment to give up Kashmir

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
We have seen how our PM has been injecting the hope in to common people and delivering as well which is being ignored by media. It does not matter which country he visits, it is his message of hope and development for the sake of humanity around the world being received and appreciated. Is it possible that in the near future he will have talks with not only political leadership and military as well to persuade them to give up their claim on Kashmir and withdraw their forces from the region? I know it is a wishful thinking on my part but Pakistan will come out as winner in the region as well by focusing on developing economically internally and establish herself as a stable nation without the terrorist training headquarter.

To add to the above views, What could be the contents of PM Modi's letter to PM Nawaz Sharif? Can you guys take a guess? I would say he has proposed a meeting to reach agreement on the views stated by me.

The second part this equation is, how will China react to it?

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
I am not sure about Convincing Pak the easy way.

But with China..we can be sure in some ways.

China being a third party to the equation is maintaining the position as an "interesting bystander". Chinese care about the investments and their economic interests..Thats all..It doesnt matter well if its India or Pakistan. India can give CHina better security in the region than Fanatic Pakistan. India has always shown respect of the International arbitrations (Ref. Dispute with Bangladesh). China has been negotiating with Taliban for over an year to ensure this.
If Kashmir is brought under Indian control..CHina will renegotiate the investements in the region with India. I think this can ensure regional stability a lot more than that is today

May be the India Russia China will see much better cooperation in the area for mutual benefit and keep the US and its minions out of the area. I see greater possibilities on it with the BRIC Bank etc.

China is more focused on the island dispute with its neighbors and it sees these areas as theatres of war and not on Kashmir by supporting Pak.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
My opinion is "NO", it is not in modi's hands. Lets face it Modi has at best 10 years of political career. Much of the solution resides in the other side of the border, and we can't force it given our limited means.

There might be some possibilities:

1) U.S has to play some game, because they are the only country in existence as of today which can alter the dynamic of a country single handedly. Only when we are part of the plan, we may benefit. otherwise we cannot do it on our own. getting a country to give a claim on land is no easy task, it costs a lot of money to do such an endeavour.

2) For Bakiland to be give up kashmir either they have to be prosperous in truest sense . Assumption is that if they are prosperous either political leaders/ military will not need india to be shown as the enemy to get things done. if there is no resistance it is easier to reach a settlement.

3) On the other side if the rule of law is decimated we will have an excuse to go in and capture the land(Limited to POK ofcourse) to stop the attacks on india which will happen if nobody is controlling them.

I don't think china will have any active role to play unless they would have completed their transformation from a export economy to consumption economy. As long as they are a export economy their growth is tied in with U.S, they won't take that chance for their economy.

Last edited:

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
We have seen how our PM has been injecting the hope in to common people and delivering as well which is being ignored by media. It does not matter which country he visits, it is his message of hope and development for the sake of humanity around the world being received and appreciated. Is it possible that in the near future he will have talks with not only political leadership and military as well to persuade them to give up their claim on Kashmir and withdraw their forces from the region? I know it is a wishful thinking on my part but Pakistan will come out as winner in the region as well by focusing on developing economically internally and establish herself as a stable nation without the terrorist training headquarter.

To add to the above views, What could be the contents of PM Modi's letter to PM Nawaz Sharif? Can you guys take a guess? I would say he has proposed a meeting to reach agreement on the views stated by me.

Sir , Here hot topic b/w indian and pakistan is kashmir. If it is solved ( it means pakistan has agreed to make peace with india ) then china could an important ally. Sure it will convince pakistan not to give up.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

China being a third party to the equation is maintaining the position as an "interesting bystander". Chinese care about the investments and their economic interests..Thats all..It doesnt matter well if its India or Pakistan. India can give CHina better security in the region than Fanatic Pakistan. India has always shown respect of the International arbitrations (Ref. Dispute with Bangladesh). China has been negotiating with Taliban for over an year to ensure this.
If Kashmir is brought under Indian control..CHina will renegotiate the investements in the region with India. I think this can ensure regional stability a lot more than that is today

May be the India Russia China will see much better cooperation in the area for mutual benefit and keep the US and its minions out of the area. I see greater possibilities on it with the BRIC Bank etc.

China is more focused on the island dispute with its neighbors and it sees these areas as theatres of war and not on Kashmir by supporting Pak.
sir,
I did not understand how India could provide security to china in asia??
And about remaining bold part . I will be happy if that happens but there are some sly wolves at our back yard:spy::spy::spy: ( I think you understood to whom I am pointing ) wont let this happen. And they will do any kind of shameless thing:ka::ka::ka: to keep India-china relations a fragile one.

salute

no,
thats why india is modernizing its military. :lol::lol::lol:

sorcerer

Country flag
sir,
I did not understand how India could provide security to china in asia??
I was thinking along the line which is far fetched... A better Indo-China relationship with Kashmir dispute settled will budge Pak out of the equation, atleast at the hostile level.

Sambha ka Boss

Pakistan will never giveup its obsession with Kashmir because its keeps their country united, military can suck up more from the budget and their insecurities towards the water resources.

pmaitra

If we bring PRC in the equation, they will lay down conditions that India will have to give up claims on Aksai Chin, and only then they will support India over Pakistan. This is not acceptable to us. We need to look for a solution that assumes PRC being on the side of Pakistan, and not on the side of India or neutral.

mayfair

There's no persuading Pakistan to give up Kashmir issue, like Gollum in the Lord of the Rings, they'll go down to their fiery depths of the Mount Doom, while screaming "My precious, Allah-o-Akbar".

Blackwater

Not now , pak is flying high with chini support and showing us eye ball all the time whether it's cross border firing or meeting with separatist leaders

anoop_mig25

Country flag
@SADAKHUSH Not possible with any PM of India , not even american or chinese president can do that

Its there jugular vein

Last edited by a moderator:

sorcerer

Country flag
If we bring PRC in the equation, they will lay down conditions that India will have to give up claims on Aksai Chin, and only then they will support India over Pakistan. This is not acceptable to us. We need to look for a solution that assumes PRC being on the side of Pakistan, and not on the side of India or neutral.
but.. lets see the flip side.

What if China weighs much needed Economy and energy over strategic reasons..then AKsai Chin will be neutral. I suppose it could be a win win..I know my argument is weak..i was looking at a far fetched possibility.

Ofcourse.. Pakistan wont be pushed away by China any time soon cuz.CHina sees lots of mooolah in Afghan Natural Resources, also in Central Asia..and they get Cheap thugs (Read Pak Military) to do the WoT to ensure protection of China's interests.

warrior monk

The short answer is No . India is also not going to give up on Kashmir. Kashmir is far more important to us than to Pakistan.

DingDong

Country flag
We need a gateway to Central Asia, that will increase our global standing. Kashmir is half-way-through, but we need to carve a corridor through Akshai Chin and enter Afghanistan directly. Hence we win only if we get the whole J&K as per our official claim.

no smoking

Country flag
What is the consideration that India is offering for Pakistan to give up Kashmir?
India is in no position to guarantee the economic benefit for Pakistan, which means Pakistan has to deal with all the social and political turmoil by herself.

How about thinking this way: what if Pakistan come with a proposal: give me Kashmir and I will be your friend by cutting the military link with China, so you can focus on your No.1 potential enemy and focus on developing economically.
Leave China out of your question, China has no say here.

no smoking

Country flag

Whatever India can offer in solving Taliban problem, Chinese can do more. So, no, India can't ensure the regional stability for China.

No, the reason that this region is stuck in chaos is the big game of great powers: USA, Russia, China, Iran and Saudi Arab, etc.
Getting one more player won't solve the problem.

sgarg

What is the consideration that India is offering for Pakistan to give up Kashmir?
India is in no position to guarantee the economic benefit for Pakistan, which means Pakistan has to deal with all the social and political turmoil by herself.

How about thinking this way: what if Pakistan come with a proposal: give me Kashmir and I will be your friend by cutting the military link with China, so you can focus on your No.1 potential enemy and focus on developing economically.
Leave China out of your question, China has no say here.
My view is that there is no agreement on Kashmir. There is none at all. The status quo will continue despite all the problems.

The status quo benefits power structures in Pakistan so it is unlikely Pakistan will change its position.

The best hope is to convert existing line of control to international border. But I do not see it happening.

There is immense economic benefit from peace. Free trade between central Asia, Pakistan, and Western regions of India can become a very powerful catalyst for economic development of the entire region. However it is not happening anytime soon.

Last edited:

sgarg

As for Afghanistan, I completely agree that there are too many players in Afghanistan and India cannot do much. India is already helping a lot by building road, schools and hospitals. This is the best India can do.

t_co

A much better question would be: is Modi trusted enough by his nationalist base make them accept the line of control as the actual border, and pursue an actual peace treaty with Pakistan?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles