Can India do a Falklands war type campaign if PLAN takes over Andamans

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Hmmm - iron curtain you say?

China has bought up 4 aircraft carriers - 3 from the Russians and 1 from Australia.
They are building up the Varyag and using the other three for construction help and naval training. By 2015 they will start sea testing their first indegenous conventional carrier (65000 tonnes) and by 2020 their nuke-powered carrier (95000 tonnes). The conventional carrier will carry upto 40 aircraft and the nuclear powered carrier will carry 80 aircraft. Together with the Varyag (35+ aircraft), that will be a total of 150+ combat aircraft in their CBG.
In 2020, the time this was discussed for, PLAN might attack An&N with a CBG of that size, what do you think the iron curtain will look like?.
And by that time india would have have decomissed all it's carrier & nuke submarines & would be sitting like a sitting duck s:pound:.Common grow up man .
Rhetoric is nice, but underestimating the enemy and overplaying our strength is surely looking for a kick in the nuts if not more.

An&N has been neglected for a long time. Both in terms of military strategy as well as a natural resource - it should be developed in the lines of Hawaii - tourist spots and naval bases. The country will benefit from their development, rather than from empty rhetoric like it is our "iron curtain".
do u think u r more future minded than chinese,If they wanted to invade Andamans ,they could have invaded much earlear ,but it is not easy as it looks to u .Try to think in a more practical way .They are instead concentrating on building gwadar naval base ,yes there also they r having problems .But they would find ways to tackle it .This way they could easily bypass malaca strait .

Last edited:

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Who told you we have only 16 missiles to take PLAN ?

We have 100's of Missile. Missile can be launched from Island also.

1 of them is Brahmos @ Mach speed 2.8, 300 Km range. That will be deadly to take Chinese warships. In addition, we have/will have many more things on Island. 1 Squadron of MKI from WB near Kolkatta by 2014 will be dedicated specially to cover A&N Island.
brother ,this guy is really making a mockery of our navy ,he is forgetting about Brahmos 2 hypersonic cruise missile we r going to have ,is absolutely impossible to intercept

Galaxy

Country flag
brother ,this guy is really making a mockery of our navy ,he is forgetting about Brahmos 2 hypersonic cruise missile we r going to have ,is absolutely impossible to intercept
You just post, We will purchase 126-200 Rafale, 2-4 Mistral class amphibious assault ship, 3 more Scorpean Submarine, and 6 submarines from DCNS/Amaris and then we will deploy few of these in Andamaan & Nicobaar. Then he will say, The Island is completely safe not only from Chinese but from US also.

:france:

Last edited:

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
You just post, We will purchase Rafale, 2-4 Mistral class amphibious assault ship, 3 more Scorpean Submarine, and 6 submarines from DCNS/Amaris and then we will deploy few of these in Andamaan & Nicobaar. Then he will say, Then Island is completely safe not only from Chinese but from US also.

:france:
ha ....ha,,,,,

then he would say india can also invade china's parcel islands

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
And by that time india would have have decomissed all it's carrier & nuke submarines & would be sitting like a sitting duck s.Common grow up man .
Read up on the Falkaland war b/w Argentina and UK before ridiculing other members.

do u think u r more future minded than chinese,If they wanted to invade Andamans ,they could have invaded much earlear ,but it is not easy as it looks to u
This isn't even an argument.

SPIEZ

Country flag
3 Talwars, yet to be installed on Shivalik and no other destoyers yet. At best you could get two Talwars to the battle, you think 16 missiles will be enough against PLAN? They have significantly increased their AAW.
SHIVALIKS do have it. And that's more than enough. There's also the additional RAJPUT class destroyers armed with BRAHMOS, we also have KLUB missile Land variant. If we are talkin about the PLAN, that's more than enough.

PS: IF YOU DONT HAVE PROPER INFO, PLEASE DONT POST CRAP !!!!!!

Galaxy

Country flag
I think most of the people don't understand "Falkaland war"

It was Argentina who tried to invade those Islands and not British. British always had strong defence there including few destroyers, frigates, LCU.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I think most of the people are not understand "Falkaland war"

It was Argentina who tried to invade those Islands and not British. British always had strong defence there including few destroyers, frigates, LCU.
The thread attempts to discuss a similar scenario where the Chinese sneak up and occupy the Andamans which as has been established in the subsequent posts does not have adequate defense to hold against an invasion being far from the mainland, furthermore this thread attempts to analyze our capability to retake the islands in case it has been occupied.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Read up on the Falkaland war b/w Argentina and UK before ridiculing other members.
brother i am not ridiculing any one .But i am talking in a practical sense .& i had read falkland war b/w Argentina and UK .Falkland island was island of british but Argentina wanted it for oil & she thought due to it's close proximty to it's region she could invade it .SO she tried but despite all that british who were so far away from their native land managed to defeat argentina due to superior strategy & weapons .Similarly china if tried they would be defeated not becoz our wepons are superioir though some really are or they have more ships & air crafts,but due to our better trained navy & better war strategy .ALso india can backup more easily than chinese if something went wrong .

This isn't even an argument.
well i said the practical thing mate,go post it in any chinese forum this thread they would also not support it

Zebra

Country flag
Hmmm - iron curtain you say?

China has bought up 4 aircraft carriers - 3 from the Russians and 1 from Australia.
They are building up the Varyag and using the other three for construction help and naval training. By 2015 they will start sea testing their first indegenous conventional carrier (65000 tonnes) and by 2020 their nuke-powered carrier (95000 tonnes). The conventional carrier will carry upto 40 aircraft and the nuclear powered carrier will carry 80 aircraft. Together with the Varyag (35+ aircraft), that will be a total of 150+ combat aircraft in their CBG.
In 2020, the time this was discussed for, PLAN might attack An&N with a CBG of that size, what do you think the iron curtain will look like?

Rhetoric is nice, but underestimating the enemy and overplaying our strength is surely looking for a kick in the nuts if not more.

An&N has been neglected for a long time. Both in terms of military strategy as well as a natural resource - it should be developed in the lines of Hawaii - tourist spots and naval bases. The country will benefit from their development, rather than from empty rhetoric like it is our "iron curtain".
Aircraft carrier on navy's secret $4bn wish list | News.com.au

Its last aircraft carrier, HMAS Melbourne, was decommissioned in 1982 before being sold for scrap.

A link for Australian aircraft carrier , they sold it to China .
They sold China to scrap it , in 1982 .

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
The thread attempts to discuss a similar scenario where the Chinese sneak up and occupy the Andamans which as has been established in the subsequent posts does not have adequate defense to hold against an invasion being far from the mainland, furthermore this thread attempts to analyze our capability to retake the islands in case it has been occupied.
then why dont u post a thread why cant india do a falkland like campaign in diego garcia against the US in indian ocean:whistle:.It is also an island ruled by british & were given to US .BEcoz it is going to be a bull s***t thread who post such craps .as we all very well know our navy's limitations against US navy.
Understand brother ,:rolleyes:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
then why dont u post a thread why cant india do a falkland like campaign in diego garcia against the US in indian ocean
I don't think it is correct to compare the disparity b/w IN and PLAN with USN and IN.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
I don't think it is correct to compare the disparity b/w IN and PLAN with USN and IN.
well it is not the question about comparing the disparity b/w IN and PLAN with USN and IN .It is the question about fictitiousness & authencity of what could happen in reality .Imagine if this thread would have been like this if china invades ladakh or sikkinm then it sound s practical & realistic & i assure i would have appreciated such kind of thread & could have said what to do .
Ok i agree never underestimate ur enemy ,but there is a line between reality & fantasy .Am i right bro?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
.It is the question about fictitiousness & authencity of what could happen in reality
Well the Chinese could open a side theater in the Andamans during a larger conflict with reinforcements from Burma.(this I think has been discussed already in the thread, look it up).

Galaxy

Country flag
There is no harm in discussing hypothetical scenario as A&N Islands is very important to us strategically.

China biggest disadvantage is Distance. It's 4,000 KM away from mainland and they don't have any supply route (Only possibilities are Indonesia and Burma) - But both won't indulge in such situation. China still don't have CBG and their Fighter jets won't fly 5,000 Km without refuelling.

Also, We have military establishment there and few warships along with Sukhoi MKI can move there in few hours. Within 3 years, We will induct 4 squadron of MKI, 2 squadron of Tejas, 1 squandron of Rafale/Typhoon, 4 Frigates, 3 Destroyers, 3 Corvette, 1-2 SSBN, 2 ACC with 45 MIG29, 6-10 Tejas, P8i, AWACS, C-130J,C-17and few hundred short range Missiles like Brahmos, Prahaar, Shaurya and Few SAMS like Barak-8, SpyDer, Akash, etc.

China may try, may reach, But won't be able to Hold for more than 2-3 days due to weak supply line and strong Indian defence capability.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Well the Chinese could open a side theater in the Andamans during a larger conflict with reinforcements from Burma.(this I think has been discussed already in the thread, look it up).
But india could also backup easily as andaman islands is not situated in south america or atlantic ocean like falklands was for british .
See if u take it only for fictitious sense then any thing could happen ,why andaman s they could also invade entire india as they have more missiles ,aircrafts & pakistan as ally.
so strange thing i found here that instead of chinese ,indians are debating for china:frusty:

SPIEZ

Country flag
Isn't this about PLAN ????????????????????????????????????

:confused::confused::tsk::confused:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
so strange thing i found here that instead of chinese ,indians are debating for china
Debating "for" China??
If analyzing threats and gauging our preparation to meet those threats is "batting for China", then I don't know what to say next.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Debating "for" China??
If analyzing threats and gauging our preparation to meet those threats is "batting for China", then I don't know what to say next.
well man ,i really found that unusual so i said it ,i think u took it personal ,well i apoligise for that :namaste:
REGARDS

Global Defence

New threads

Articles