Can India and China ever be friends?

pmaitra

yes we saw this in ladakh already.

and all harm that have come to you on our behalf, are payback for hosting tibetan government in exile and forward policy + 1962 war.
It is Indian culture to give shelter to anyone who seeks shelter, and it is also Tibetan culture, which is why Dalai Lama escaped to India, and not Burma, despite Burma being another Buddhist country. You won't understand because Chinese culture is very different from Indian and Tibetan culture.

amoy

and all harm that have come to you on our behalf, are payback for hosting tibetan government in exile and forward policy + 1962 war.
Ladakh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Ladakh was annexed by Dogra Kashmir in 1842, then when was Kashmir annexed by British Raj? Then India? When was there a state called India coming into being?

Okay back to #4 it's far beyond borders and geopolitics. The water of Yarlung Zangbo will be held back in dams, and hopefully diverted to the drought smitten West. And India thirsting for resources with its ever growing population and industries is pushing up costs... etc. etc.

All these determine China and India will never be friends, owing to inherent contradictions.

pmaitra

It will all end up with India no longer recognizing Chinese suzerainty over Tibet, followed by millions of armed Indians thronging into the Tibetan Plateau with the aim to liberate it from the Chinese, and drive them back to where they came from. In a couple of decades, most of the Chinese will be old. It would be interesting to watch China crumble, and the old imperialists watching in dismay.

Tianshan

It will all end up with India no longer recognizing Chinese suzerainty over Tibet, followed by millions of armed Indians thronging into the Tibetan Plateau with the aim to liberate it from the Chinese, and drive them back to where they came from. In a couple of decades, most of the Chinese will be old. It would be interesting to watch China crumble, and the old imperialists watching in dismay.
millions of indians pouring upwards into the tibetan plateau?

whatever you can bring, we can bring more. the benefits of having the world's biggest manufacturing base.

as for population age, birth control policies are already being relaxed, decades before they will become a problem. sorry to disappoint you.

bose

Country flag
What did you saw in Ladakh ?? , please care to explain... I will wait for your answer and reserve my comments here...

We will continue to host the Tibetan freedom fighters, and continue to give them support in whatever way we can do... until they are free from the Chinese Tyranny...

The real payback is in waiting in Xingjian & Tibet"¦ Even your CPC knows that very well"¦

bose

Country flag
millions of indians pouring upwards into the tibetan plateau?
whatever you can bring, we can bring more. the benefits of having the world's biggest manufacturing base.
If you bring more on the Tibetan plateau it will left your side with Japan venerable... Please be informed that you are getting surrounded from all sides... I do not need to remind you of your experiences with brave people of Japan

The Tibetan hates you Chinese from the bottom of their heart...

With rising labor cost in China... all wants to shift it out of China...

as for population age, birth control policies are already being relaxed, decades before they will become a problem. sorry to disappoint you.
Please do not lie ....

Tianshan

We will continue to host the Tibetan freedom fighters, and continue to give them support in whatever way we can do... until they are free from the Chinese Tyranny...

The real payback is in waiting in Xingjian & Tibet"¦ Even your CPC knows that very well"¦
so you have justified all actions we have taken against you since 1959, including helping pakistan become a nuclear-armed state.

payback sucks, doesn't it.

and you tibetan government in exile is a lame duck now, they have already recognized that tibet is a part of china. your proxy has made itself useless.

bose

Country flag
so you have justified all actions we have taken against you since 1959, including helping pakistan become a nuclear-armed state.

payback sucks, doesn't it.
Whatever we have done... is justified.. period... we will continue to do whatever we feel good for our interest...

So you are vindicating my POV as I am arguing that China is the Real Enemy of India...

Japan was intelligent enough to know you people before hand and hence punished you in Nanjing and other places ...

The game is not yet over... that is the most important factor...

and you tibetan government in exile is a lame duck now, they have already recognized that tibet is a part of china. your proxy has made itself useless.
Very true that is why the CPC thugs want to kill him for good... No force in world can deny the legitimate aspirations of Tibet... not even the CPC...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Unfortunately, every country acknowledge that Tibet is a part of China.
There are some kashmir people openly claim they don't want to be part of India, so what?
The International Commission of Jurists concluded that from 1913 to 1950 Tibet demonstrated the conditions of statehood as generally accepted under international law. In the opinion of the commission, the government of Tibet conducted its own domestic and foreign affairs free from any outside authority, and countries with whom Tibet had foreign relations are shown by official documents to have treated Tibet in practice as an independent State.

The United Nations General Assembly passed resolutions urging respect for the rights of Tibetans in 1959, 1961 and 1965. The 1961 resolution calls for that "principle of self-determination of peoples and nations" applies to the Tibetan people.

Wiki

amoy

The International Commission of Jurists concluded that from 1913 to 1950 Tibet demonstrated the conditions of statehood as generally accepted under international law. In the opinion of the commission, the government of Tibet conducted its own domestic and foreign affairs free from any outside authority, and countries with whom Tibet had foreign relations are shown by official documents to have treated Tibet in practice as an independent State.

The United Nations General Assembly passed resolutions urging respect for the rights of Tibetans in 1959, 1961 and 1965. The 1961 resolution calls for that "principle of self-determination of peoples and nations" applies to the Tibetan people.

Wiki
Who cares about the past of Tibet? I am only concerned about its TODAY and TOMORROW!

Why weren't more resolutions passed after 1961? :shocked:

Then back to post #4 where a built-in root cause for rivalry btwn India and China is pointed out. IMO cliche about Tibet or Border Skirmishes are superficial and beating around the bush. Straight to the point - being the world's would-be top population India is inevitably an enemy!

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
you said that india will give china a very hard time.

i said yes, we have already seen this, here:
I thought China embarrassed itself by not been able to continue to hold on to the positions / territory which it claims as it own... Why China ran away from their positions ?? very similar to in 1962... it claimed it own and then ran way when they saw USA have stared given military equipment to India ??

The problem with China is that it has made enemies all around it... Japan , India, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Mongolia, now even Turkey has stated supported the freedom movement of Xingjian...

It is your PM that came to India begging for a border settlement... We will not accept Aksai Chin nor the Tibet & Xingjian as yours... go and do whatever you can... if you have any capability at all... Why is China so eager to settle the border issue with India?? We are not ...

Oh!! I see this is not 1962... and there is no Cuban crisis to take advantage of... nor there is USSR...

The main problem with China is that it does not have a capability to a hand out a comprehensive military defeat to India... and with each passing years its slipping away from you...

So from now on you will believe whatever that comes out of the paper as a gospel truth... right??

Wait!! now if at all it is true, although I personally do not take the paper seriously... it has proved that India can also niggle you at the border... it was your monopoly earlier to do aggressive patrolling and occasional poking & niggling at our land ... Similarly this incident if at all correct has proved that India will also do the same to you and this is not good news for China... and that is why your PM was begging for an early border settlement.... forget it will not happen"¦

bose

Country flag
Who cares about the past of Tibet? I am only concerned about its TODAY and TOMORROW!
The whole world care for Tibet !! even your CPC knows that... how can we forget the self immolation of Buddhist monks there ?? I do not think they are doing it for fun"¦

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Why weren't more resolutions passed after 1961? :shocked:

Then back to post #4 where a built-in root cause for rivalry btwn India and China is pointed out. IMO cliche about Tibet or Border Skirmishes are superficial and beating around the bush. Straight to the point - being the world's would-be top population India is inevitably an enemy!
Past and Present is not important, I agree.

But what the FUTURE portends for Tibet and Xinjiang is what should be of prime concern! ;)

t_co

The whole world care for Tibet !! even your CPC knows that... how can we forget the self immolation of Buddhist monks there ?? I do not think they are doing it for fun"¦
The whole world cares for Tibet? :lol:

The world turns on money, my friend. 3 million dirt-poor yak herders don't matter at all.

t_co

Past and Present is not important, I agree.

But what the FUTURE portends for Tibet and Xinjiang is what should be of prime concern! ;)
Of course, and it is that future of prosperity and eventual Chinese assimilation of those regions that has Indian brigadiers venting and fuming on internet forums, as if that will ever change anything... ;)

bose

Country flag
The whole world cares for Tibet? :lol:
Yes .. World do care of Tibetians...

The world turns on money, my friend. 3 million dirt-poor yak herders don't matter at all.
It is true for Neo opportunist China... Less than a million Mongolians raped you for centuries...

t_co

Yes .. World do care of Tibetians...
Prove it. Prove >50% of the world would give up the economic benefits of China for a tiny sliver of a marginalized population.

It is true for Neo opportunist China... Less than a million Mongolians raped you for centuries...
And less than 100,000 British did the same to you. At least China resisted beforehand - although you could argue that since India did not resist, whatever happened between India and Britain was consensual ;) @Ray

Last edited by a moderator:

no smoking

Country flag
Since when international commission of Jurists become the superior court of deciding who should be independent and who shouldn't?
From Tibeten side, yes they can claim whatever they want. But they forgot one thing, the deal was signed by both sides, the termination of the deal must be agreed by 2 sides. In this case, they never got the "go ahead" from any Chinese gov, which means Chinese keep the right to come back and force the deal.

Yes, right, remember PRC was not a member of UN until last 70s. UN can't impose its resolution on a non-member gov. You have to find out any similar resolution which was passed after PRC entered UN. But certainly you can't. It means that UN doesn't think this "self-determination" applies to the Tibetan people any more.

pmaitra

Prove it. Prove >50% of the world would give up the economic benefits of China for a tiny sliver of a marginalized population.

And less than 100,000 British did the same to you. At least China resisted beforehand - although you could argue that since India did not resist, whatever happened between India and Britain was consensual ;) @Ray
I really like the way you argue, and kudos to you for that great comeback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles