Can Electricity Pass Through Flash Light of Digital Camera ?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Can ELECTRICITY pass through Flash light of the Digital camera to your body??? Yes it is 100% true..!

This is a true incidence reported of a boy aged 19, who was studying in 1st year of engineering, who died in Hospital, Mumbai. He was admitted in the Hospital as a burned patient. Reason ??????

This boy had gone to Amravati (a place located in State of Maharashtra, India ) on a study tour, on their return they were waiting at the railway station to catch the train. Many of them started taking pictures of their friends using "Mobile Phones" and / or "Digital Camera". One of them complained that, he was unable to capture the full group of friends in one frame in the Digicam.This boy moved away to a distance to get the whole group.

He failed to notice that at an angle above his head, 40,000 volts electrical line was passing through.
As soon as he clicked the digital camera? 40,000 volt current passed through the camera flash light to his camera and then from his camera to his fingers & to his body. All this happened within a fraction of a second. His body was half burned.They arranged for an ambulance & his burned body was brought to Keshavani Hospital, Mumbai.

For one & half days or so he was conscious & talking. Doctors did not have much hopes as there was a lot of complex issues in his body. He passed away later.Now how many of us are aware about these technical threats & dangers? Even if we are, how many of us are adhering??

Got on FB, What could be the scientific explanation to all these..
Is it same while in moving train..

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I did not see in the article that the distance the victim was from the HV source was given.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I think this might be fake news. How can electricity pass through the medium of air which is what the flash of Camera was passing through?.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Interesting info, but a bit befuddling.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kind of scary news, I take pics on trains or near trains most of the time while traveling in trains..

Anyways i guess this is a false..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Kunal sir dont use flash then.................................................................

W.G.Ewald

Professional
A boy in North Carolina was killed recently when he climbed a tower carrying high voltage lines. One newspaper article said that workers normally stay 15 feet away from high voltage sources to avoid arcing.

High voltage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Depending on the prospective short circuit current available at a switchgear line-up, a hazard is presented to maintenance and operating personnel due to the possibility of a high-intensity electric arc. Maximum temperature of an arc can exceed 10,000 kelvin, and the radiant heat, expanding hot air, and explosive vaporization of metal and insulation material can cause severe injury to unprotected workers. Such switchgear line-ups and high-energy arc sources are commonly present in electric power utility substations and generating stations, industrial plants and large commercial buildings. In the United States, the National Fire Protection Association, has published a guideline standard NFPA 70E for evaluating and calculating arc flash hazard, and provides standards for the protective clothing required for electrical workers exposed to such hazards in the workplace.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Kind of scary news, I take pics on trains or near trains most of the time while traveling in trains..

Anyways i guess this is a false..
The flash could have induced an arc across a distance that would normally be considered safe, but I don't have the knowledge to explain the phenomenom.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Did anyone see the video of poor crazy man getting electrocuted in High voltage wire?

Oracle

I have used my DSLR in numerous occasions like this, nothing happened. Or, was I plain lucky? Fake news I guess.

Oracle

OMG! Dude, please give a warning while posting these kind of videos. I feel scarred.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles