Can anyone explain this?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Cattle smuggling by Bangladeshi from India to Bangladesh is rampant.

The BSF used to resort to shooting such smugglers when they used to cross at a distance and mostly at night.

Consequent to the PM's visit, on the Bangladesh Govt's complaint about this, strict instructions were given not to shoot under any circumstances.

Maybe this is how (physical intimidation) the BSF is attempting to deter the desire to smuggle cows.

Notwithstanding, physical intimidation is not permitted by Indian Law.

8 BSF personnel have been suspended.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Bangla border guards kill Indian; local capture BGB constable

AGARTALA: Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) personnel shot dead an Indian villager early Friday morning at the Tripura border. Local Indian villagers, following the killing, captured a head constable of the BGB, who, according to them, attempted to drag the body into Bangladesh territory.

While Indian villagers and authorities claimed slain Shah Alam was a farmer, BGB officials said he was a Phensedyl (cough syrup) smuggler. The incident took place at Tarapukur village under Jatrapur police station in the border area, about 70 km from Agartala, around 6.30 am.

Tension ran high on both sides of the border following the Shah Alam's killing and the capture of the constable, who belongs to BGB's 33 battalion. Senior BSF and police officials rushed to the spot and a flag meeting between the two border guards was called.

Sources said the constable, Lutfur Rahaman, has been detained and is currently in the custody of the BSF. He is likely to be arrested and produced in court.

The incident comes close on the heels of a recent controversy over BSF highhandedness along the West Bengal border where Indian border guards were accused of torturing a Bangladesh citizen.

Shah Alam Miah (40) hailed from Tarakapur in the newly-demarcated Sipahijala district, police said. "Shah Alam was a farmer and he went to work on his field early in the morning at around 6.30 am, where BGB personnel fired at him, killing him on the spot," said DIG Nepal Das.

Things came to a head when four BGB personnel entered Indian territory and attempted to take away Alam's body to Bangladesh, as, by this time, villagers who heard the gunshots had rushed to the spot. They managed to capture BGB head constable Lutfur Rahaman. Three other BGB guards escaped, taking away Lutfur's firearms.

Bangla border guards kill Indian; local capture BGB constable - The Times of India
The excerpt above of the news will indicate that the Bangladesh Border Guards are no angels.

They resort to firing and that too across the border!

Smuggling Phensedyl is also a lucrative item for smuggling since it has drugs that give a hallucinatory effect or so it is said!

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
When I was in Calcutta, I also had heard stories about Motorcycle engines being stolen across the border into Bangladesh, where these were used as riverboat engines. I have heard stories about how BGB/ BDR used to help smugglers - they are a rotten lot.

But that still does not justify BSF behavior - does it?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
What is this? When i was a teenager i got drunk and beat 5 people in road rage.. The cops caught me and beat me worse than this, i still love India. F*&%& this shit... Those poor gaurds hardly beat him... This is a joke...We are soft state and we are doomed because we dont show some spine.

This is nothing compared to killing and pissing on dead taliban, which is what the US troops do.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles