Camouflage systems for Indian Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Saab's unit Barracuda Camouflage has pitched its products to the Indian Army, for both vehicles as well as individual troops. The firm's Mobile Camouflage System or MCS was tested at Suratgarh last summer, by the CVRDE (Combat Vehicles Research & Development Establishment), Chennai and the Defence Laboratory, Jodhpur. The CVRDE makes many of India's armored vehicles, including the Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

While normally camouflaged tanks were spotted by six spotters over a distance of 2400 meters, vehicles with the benefit of the MCS were could only be spotted at a distance of 1600 meters. "So then the relative advantage is 800 meters," says Naresh Ummat, Managing Director of Barracuda Camouflage.

According to Ummat, a global tender was issued in 2007. "We had to study the product and the temperatures involved. We made some preliminary fittings. We gave them three sets of mobile camouflage. While in the field it must perform with the given parameters, it must also adhere to what the company claims in the laboratory," he says.

The Indian Army, he says, is also interested in the MCS for its T-72 and T-90 tanks. Ummat says the camouflage has already been supplied for Prithvi missiles in the Indian Army.

One feature of this camouflage system is that it works to try and bring the temperature variance of the vehicle and the surrounding environment to within four degrees Celsius.

Barracuda has also offered its individual soldier-specific Special Operations Tactical Camouflage Suiting. This system, when tested by the Indian Army's Northern Command, denied detection to 45 meters, where ordinarily it was 200 meters. The SOTCS is also available for all kinds of terrain including jungle, snow, desert etc. "We have now been asked for laboratory tests. This should happen in the next two weeks. We should be able to get a consolidated report within a month," says Ummat, who also expects the army to be interested in MCS systems for 30 per cent of its armored vehicles.

Rahul92

upload some pics & data is insufficient abt company & pro's

jatkshatriya

man active cameouflage is just around the corner...all this passive cameouflage will be rendered useless in the next 5 years i guess

Illusive

Country flag
And today i read in a news article that Army modernization has been slowed down thanks to our politicians and cheap bureaucracy.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I can't see any link with the starting post. Please post it

bhramos

Country flag
Indian Army Tank

Original caption: Southern Kashmir, India: Camouflaged Indian tank in position along the Chamb-Jerian Road which runs along the India-Pakistan border. From New Delhi it was reported Feb. 11th that Indian and Pakistan troops waged a massive tank battle in Southern Kashmir which military men described as the biggest of the nine-day old war.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Guys, I searched but could not get any pics. I am still searching. I will post the pics as soon as I get. But any way, has the INDIAN ARMY have new battle uniforms?:happy_8:

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Thanks bhramos, but what is the purpose of starting a thread based on 1 year old news?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Barracuda has also offered its individual soldier-specific Special Operations Tactical Camouflage Suiting. This system, when tested by the Indian Army's Northern Command, denied detection to 45 meters, where ordinarily it was 200 meters. The SOTCS is also available for all kinds of terrain including jungle, snow, desert etc. "We have now been asked for laboratory tests. This should happen in the next two weeks. We should be able to get a consolidated report within a month," says Ummat, who also expects the army to be interested in MCS systems for 30 per cent of its armored vehicles.
Now, if that be right, then where does the debate over the increasing of range of the rifle go to?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
here is the same for Arjun tank

check my comment one year ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
The point is whether INDIA has acquired the technology or not.

Last edited:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Ray Sir I think the range of INSAS has been increased. Sine there are new design's of INSAS like Ex-calibur and other, I think their range is 400 meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles