Burqa clad thieves steal jewellery worth R 70,000

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by KS, Jan 22, 2012.

1. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Burqa clad thieves steal jewellery worth Rs 70,000 - www.daily.bhaskar.com

This is the third or fourth time the Burqa thieves have struck, I think.

Galaxy likes this.
  3. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

[​IMG]

:pound: :pound:

Nagraj likes this.
  4. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

crazy mullahs and there interpretations of modesty = burqa :doh:

Nagraj likes this.
  5. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

IMHO, Burqa should be banned in India completely.

We don't need such Arabic medieval period culture in India. It's also danger for our security as well as so many incident of stealing happened in recent past. Sometime back, such incident happened in some Jewellery shop in Mumbai too.

Hope Government ban it immediately although I don't expect this current Congress government will ban for obvious vote bank politics. :frusty:

6. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Burqa clad women on stealing spree

Burqa-clad woman escaped with baby: Cops

Kolkata, Sun Jan 15 2012

In a glaring instance of the shoddy security system prevailing in the state government hospitals, a two-day-old baby is reported to have been stolen from the Chittaranjan National Medical College and Hospital at Park Circus area in central Kolkata on Friday.
    The police has recovered a CCTV footage by which they have learnt that a woman wearing a burqa sneaked into the hospital premises and ran away with the baby.

According to hospital records, Taneeja Fathima had given birth to a baby boy late Wednesday night. According to sources, Taneeja had introduced to the hospital authorities a woman who used to take care of her and the baby. However, this woman was seen running away with the baby in the CCTV footage.

Medical Superintendent of the hospital Pratha Pratim Pradhan has registered a complaint with Beniapukur Police station after Taneeja alleged that her baby has been stolen. A team of Detective Department of Kolkata Police on Sunday started investigation into the matter.

The hospital authorities have alleged the burqa-clad woman fled with the baby. However, police said they are also looking at other possibilities.

“We have taken the description of the suspect woman and a sketch has been prepared,” said a police official.

Taneeja’s relatives claimed she was drugged before the mysterious woman escaped with the baby.

According to hospital sources, the mysterious woman had come to the maternity ward to see Taneeja on Friday afternoon while she was sleeping and had identified herself as Taneeja’s cousin.

Parthapratim Burman, superintendent of the hospital said, “The suspected woman was introduced to us as the mother’s cousin. Moreover, she used to take care of the patient and feed the baby also. We are investigating into the matter and have formed an enquiry team also.”

According to the CCTV footage examined by the police, the woman was trying to hide her identity from the security guards.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  7. Nagraj

Nagraj Regular Member

As much a i hate burqua i am opposed to the idea of banning burqua.
    this will wrong on part of state to imposed its dressing sense on its citizens.
    however i will love to see some of these crazy muulah and medieval people thrown behind bars who try to enforce this burqua in grab of religion.

The Messiah likes this.