Budia 7 year old marathon runner

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by JayATL, Nov 13, 2011.

1. JayATL

JayATL Senior Member Senior Member

I just saw this documentary on HBO that lasted an hour or so....

Had so many emotions, from at beginning feeling the utter frustration of how a child can be exploited ( child abuse any which way you look at it) by his coach.... and I say child abuse but not in the sense one thinks - where the child is beaten ,rather making a child run such long marathons....

to the frustration of how the child's welfare was not kept in mind and he was returned to the slums and then the false accusations levied on his coach of torture- which thankfully was proven to be false.

to the murder of his coach and how the govt was complicit , how congress MP , Minster of sport earlier on where playing politics with it , in hopes win seats against the opposition.

to finally , just feeling so empty and hurtful for India, because so many people did not understand ( including minister of sport), that this was child abuse to make him run these ridiculous long distances- to how the so called educated acted , to how the child was just left to rot for the longest in the slum after he was yanked from his coach and finally how Govt cronies hired thugs to kill the coach. . .

The coach was dead wrong about the child running the marathon but he was a mistaken good soul. He was just mistaken and did not deserve the ruthless outcome… just feels so bad. I don't how much of GDP growth would eliminate this rotten side of humanity ...

3. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

The boy was rescued from his coach long ago..(It is two years since then I think)...before killing of his coach.....Gvt promised to take care of his education etc....and grooming as an athelete if he pursues the career....

4. JayATL

JayATL Senior Member Senior Member

those were afterthoughts or actions. This case is screaming Oriisa govt was involved in the murder ( persons within) and what's depressing is that law enforcement stopped at giving the murders life sentences and did no investigation of who hired them???... shameful.