BSF shot dead teenagers trying to exfilterate to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitkriit

@Oracle:

Calm down and think about it logically, shoot to kill policy is wrong. Most of the time it ends innocent lives and gives India bad press. I'm sure there are better ways to deal with illegal immigrants, criminals, insurgents etc. Like rubber bullets and electric fence.

No need to flame just because you don't agree with someone.

Thanks!
Bad publicity is better than dealing with another bomb blast case, or dealing with another separatist movement. If these people are so fond of India, they must not have asked for separate "Muslim homeland" in the first place. Asking BSF to man border with rubber bullets is asking for too much, and we don't produce enough electricity to waste on electric fences. We cannot let this large scale migration to continue.

JayATL

Please try to remember that India's border with Pakistan is hotspot for terrorist infiltration ,
Remember that there were once more than 10,000 militants in Kashmir alone , most of them receiving training and arms from across the border.

The LOC is no man's land so far as India is concerned , if your caught by the BSF unless you surrender on the spot.
BSF has plausabile right to treat you as a hostile , given the nature of the region

Situation on the Bangladesh border is a bit different.

But keep in mid , same principle reasons for such extreme measures.
Most of the people shot are involved in illegal activity.

BSF has limited ways of dealing with them.

One if BSF try's to engage them before firing their weapons , while they are still on the Bangladesh side , they will simply run away an try again on a different part of the border. BSF will ofcourse be unable to pursue

two is BSF waits for them to cross and them apprehend them , they will be stuck in diplomatic limbo , and they will have to housed as refugees in facilities till they can be sent back to Bangladesh. There is no such agreement between India and Bangladesh for such a prisoner transfer , India will just be stuck housing them indefinetly while India flips the bill.

This border conditions are an unfortunate reality , due to the current political conditions.
the first half of your post. I think you assumed I was speaking of Indo Pak border - I was talking about Indo bangla border_ a continuation of a previous post quoted.

Second half of your post. re: Bangladesh. you do you have a deportation policy in place. regardless, India killing all people in that border, where illegal immigration of the poor seems to be the majority vs India/pak border, because of a lack of deportation facilities or perceived lack of deportation/immigration policy, will not fly in a civil community, and is apparently being changed now.

This is like when people said why waste our money on a judicatory process and afford rights to the sole gunmen from 26/11 . why , because you are a civil democracy and even the most vile have rights to a judicial process. beside, the longer he lives the more the world is reminded of him/ pak -which benefits India.

DeletedUser

Bad publicity is better than dealing with another bomb blast case, or dealing with another separatist movement. If these people are so fond of India, they must not have asked for separate "Muslim homeland" in the first place. Asking BSF to man border with rubber bullets is asking for too much, and we don't produce enough electricity to waste on electric fences. We cannot let this large scale migration to continue.
Okay, first off how many Bangladeshi's have bombed India?

Secondly why is it so hard to use rubber bullets?

And lastly, we have the upper hand in the international community with regards to Pakistan. Why would you do anything to tarnish our image? Remember wars aren't won with just firepower.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This is like when people said why waste our money on a judicatory process and afford rights the the sole gunmen from 26/11 . why , because you are a civil democracy and even the most vile have rights to a judicial process. beside, the longer he lives the more the world is reminded of him/ pak -which benefits India.
clearly it is not! because kasab was caught and that immigrant was crossing over to pak and was even warned to stop but didn't and as a result was shot. if a person is illegally crossing the international border and doesn't stop when warned then he's a potential target and has only himself to blame.

the border between india/pakistan/bangladesh isn't a place where normal innocent people hang out. if you dont know then drugs are also smuggled and the armed forces know this....when a person doesn't surrender when told to stop or be fired at then generally he's upto no good.

Last edited:

amitkriit

Its not about good or bad publicity, its about our survival as a nation. Bangladesh is strategically supporting this mass-scale migration. Goal is to push enough Bangladeshis in India's NE and other sensitive areas and then bleed us from inside, break us up. Even the most vile have the right to judicial process, provided we are sure that we have got to deal with a few thousand law breakers and with a few million. Desperate situation, desperate measures.

amitkriit

Okay, first off how many Bangladeshi's have bombed India?

Secondly why is it so hard to use rubber bullets?

And lastly, we have the upper hand in the international community with regards to Pakistan. Why would you do anything to tarnish our image? Remember wars aren't won with just firepower.
Money and muscle talks better than any philosophy. USA has killed more civilians than terrorists in drone attacks in Pakistan. Around 2500 died this year without getting a chance to prove their innocence in any court of law. let us not forget about hundreds of thousands of civilians killed in Iraq, Afghanistan in the name of "Freedom". We have an upper hand because west can reap good benefit from doing business with us. Western countries are the least qualified to lecture us on Human Rights.

Have u read about HUJI operating from Bangladesh's territory? Have u read about terrorists using Bangladesh route to infiltrate into our territory?

Last edited:

JayATL

when an Indian is stopped by US security and asked or held for additional questioning, the entire Indian forum community I noticed, gets up in arms! and gets all pissed off. How dare you question him because of his turban or last name or looks ( which never is the case, its all computerized random passengers go for extra checks in most cases). How dare you treat him /her with such low dignity! . You are racial profiling! what kind of immigration and security policy is that!

when Chinese are caught crossing the border , we don't shoot them. why? because you know China will retaliate... but them poor Bangladeshi, pfft . no problem mate... fire away!

On the other hand , a shoot to kill ALL and everything that moves, even a teenage girl hanging on a barb wire = that's A- okay mate! shit happens ... :D . Come have a latte with me in an American themed coffee house mate, don't sweat what happens on those borders!

JayATL

Money and muscle talks better than any philosophy. USA has killed more civilians than terrorists in drone attacks in Pakistan. Around 2500 died this year without getting a chance to prove their innocence in any court of law. let us not forget about hundreds of thousands of civilians killed in Iraq, Afghanistan in the name of "Freedom". We have an upper hand because west can reap good benefit from doing business with us. Western countries are the least qualified to lecture us on Human Rights.

Have u read about HUJI operating from Bangladesh's territory? Have u read about terrorists using Bangladesh route to infiltrate into our territory?
well its moot now aint it. they the Indian govt. agrees with our thinking vs yours. :D

amitkriit

when an Indian is stopped by US security and asked or held for additional questioning, the entire Indian forum community I noticed, gets up in arms! and gets all pissed off. How dare you question him because of his turban or last name or looks ( which never is the case, its all computerized random passengers go for extra checks in most cases). How dare you treat him /her with such low dignity! . You are racial profiling! what kind of immigration and security policy is that!

when Chinese are caught crossing the border , we don't shoot them. why? because you know China will retaliate... but them poor Bangladeshi, pfft . no problem mate... fire away!

On the other hand , a shoot to kill ALL and everything that moves, even a teenage girl hanging on a barb wire = that's A- okay mate! shit happens ... :D . Come have a latte with me in an American themed coffee house mate, don't sweat what happens on those borders!
Indian community needs to stand up in support of fellow Indians anywhere, anytime. We don't shoot at Chinese people because they are happy in their country and are not trying to flood our country. India's government and security forces protect the interests of India and Indians.

Last edited:

JayATL

Indian community needs to stand up in support of fellow Indians anywhere, anytime. We don't shoot at Chinese people because they are happy in their country and are not trying to flood our country. India's government and security forces protect the interests of India and Indians.
:D shouldn't then , by an extension of that logic , Chinese be the right up there next to Pakistanis as a prime candidate to be shoot dead instantly ? that's a guaranteed that all of them are not coming to live in India but are crossing rather for the purpose of espionage :p

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
:D shouldn't then , by an extension of that logic , Chinese be the right up there next to Pakistanis as a prime candidate to be shoot dead instantly ? that's a guaranteed that all of them are not coming to live in India but are crossing rather for the purpose of espionage :p
every person no matter what nationality crossing the border illegally should be shot if he refuses to surrender when warned.

amitkriit

Leave that on India's security forces to decide. Whom we shoot and whom we spare is our concern. China has never supported insurgent groups inside India, not even in North East, while Bangladesh is the second home to ULFA and other NE "freedom fighters". Infiltration of Bangladeshis into India is not only a security threat, its also a demographic time-bomb which can threaten our territorial integrity in future.

JayATL

"Leave that on India's security forces to decide. Whom we shoot and whom we spare is our concern."

the policy of whom to shoot/ rules of engagement is precisely not what you said above . it was and now being changed -- shoot everything that moves regardless if its even a mother with new born in her hands. SHOOT TO KILL ALL!

then look at a at close up of her here on PAGE 2

http://www.odhikar.org/FF/ff2011/BSF2011/English/FF_report_Felani_Kurigram_Eng.pdf

Last edited:

smartindian

Country flag
jayatl who are you to teach indian security force what to do and what not , there is a law of the land and security force will always follow the law of the land at any cost.
it not the question of illegal migration , there are many things involved , like thought bd itself fake counterfeits enter our country , drugs , weapon ammunition and many banned organisation have taken shelter in BD and operate from BD .
in assam many indian women are raped by illigel bangladeshi migrants .
more over you dont have any right to comment on BSF , because we didnt kill innocent afgan people for game , we didnt open gantonommo bay .
do we comment on patriotic act or home land security act because it is essential for the survival and well being of tthe people of US . and it is same way IF BSF have killed it , it must be in the interest of the nation

amitkriit

Dead body never looks beautiful, particularly when a person dies a violent death. And yes BSF must shoot anything that moves on India's border if that's what it takes to protect Indian lives.

Last edited:

JayATL

I know you and oracle are bum chum buddies, so I will only reply to you once- because you reflect the same school of thought and dare say intellect as oracle . I don't care if you show the US in a bad light when it comes to human rights violations, BECAUSE I've already beaten you to that alter. I am Indian and an American , I can multi task well w/ my opinions :D . My parents are Indian tax payers and hence I have it on their authority to question the BSF :p ( lets see you miss the sarcasm intended in this statement)

amitkriit

I know you and oracle are bum chum buddies, so I will only reply to you once- because you reflect the same school of thought and dare say intellect as oracle . I don't care if you show the US in a bad light when it comes to human rights violations, BECAUSE I've already beaten you to that alter. I am Indian and an American , I can multi task well w/ my opinions :D . My parents are Indian tax payers and hence I have it on their authority to question the BSF :p ( lets see you miss the sarcasm intended in this statement)
Looks like a kid is trying to get some attention, because he did not get any from his parents when he craved for it.

JayATL

Dead body never looks beautiful, particularly when a person dies a violent death. And yes BSF must shoot anything that moves on India's border if that's what it takes to protect Indian lives.
well, guess who wins the argument when such class is displayed. Jeete raho beta! :D

smartindian

Country flag
"Leave that on India's security forces to decide. Whom we shoot and whom we spare is our concern."

the policy of whom to shoot/ rules of engagement is precisely not what you said above . it was and now being changed -- shoot everything that moves regardless if its even a mother with new born in her hands. SHOOT TO KILL ALL!

then look at a at close up of her here on PAGE 2

http://www.odhikar.org/FF/ff2011/BSF2011/English/FF_report_Felani_Kurigram_Eng.pdf
i can only say sorry for her death, may her soul R.I.P, but for the sake of INDIA , million like her can be killed , to me National interest is supreme. bsf did'nt went went inside BD to kill her , she entered INDIA illegally , and BSF did what it as to do , prevent any illegal persons from entering our country .

one more question , how do you know that she was just a innocent girl, she could had been a messenger to a terrorist organisation, or came to supply drugs , or counterfeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles