BSF shot dead teenagers trying to exfilterate to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ray : regarding post #186. Please do not go into my posts, you have done on several occasions now and try to edit my posts with inserting your replies into the body. there is a function called " Quote w/ reply". It is very unethical to edit anyone posts , when the reason for the edit has nothing to do with rules violation. This is a well know ethics of forum moderation. If not give me moderators rights, I'll do it to your posts...

and btw you missed the point of the video, maybe because it had to do with that " Americanism" that you love to say every time , that you did not get it. The context of the scene was that _they want the marines to be trained to be on the wall, to be tough and then the civilians or elites / politically correct in the army impose rules that hamper it. i.e did you order a code red to teach a weak marine a lesson!

Its soldiers who are on the wall not senior officers. Most boots on the ground think negatively of senior officers in everybody's army ( just a fact , nothing personal) AND in this matter your rank does not give you an iota of insight to what it meant in that American movie scene , to do with American militray and American marines! . This is Americanism and fact I'm married to a marine allows me to be the authority figure in explaining the context of that scene. Hoo-raah
I did not edit your post because I wanted to.

I could have simply make it vanish into Kingdom Come since I have the wherewithal.

So rest your pretty head from contriving ethics and riding the high horse.

Thank your stars that I am a patient man who can take buffeting as a matter of course.

The fact that the Edit Button is close to the other buttons such errors can take place and I am not the only one who has fallen prey.

The software is such that it cannot be changed.

The fact that I reproduced your post even when it was sent to Kingdom Come by a Mod who found your rambling puerile, proves that I don't take your pettiness or your infantile ramblings amiss. In fact, I find them a comic relief.

That you overestimate yourself and ascribe false grandeur is so evident that you want to become a moderator. What is so great to be a Moderator? Is it that important in life? Maybe to you. To me, I was invited to be a Mentor and so I am here; and if I can share a thought, a foreign (US, if you wish and bloody right wing too!) owner of Forums wants me to take over a forum that he has started. Does show something, doesn't it? And guess what, I have said I have no clue how to run it. I am not after Power! I have command 30,000 in war and I presume that is enough to get power punch drunk for the deprived for glory, but then I am not that immature!

As far as the video of a Few Good Men, I wonder if you read that I don't prescribe to the idea of Code Red and it does not exist in the Army I served in. I wrote that in English. Do tell me the language that you understand and I will attempt to use it when I address you!

You don't have to teach me about the American Army. Suffice it to say, that I have trained quite a few Americans when they were seconded to the Army War College, where I was not only an instructor, but appointed as Mentor to some! I have also had interaction with American officers at Colleges where I went as a student in the normal course of career.

So, stop playing the frog in the well and see the world before jumping to conclusions!

By the way, I am trained to understand psychology of Armed Forces. Can't say more!

Aha! Most boots think negatively about senior officers. of course, you speak with authority since you were a boot in the US Army and that is your calibre.

Once again, don't superimpose your Americanism on India. Our soldiers don't think that way. Come over and see the difference.

You may have married a Marine, but you are not a Marine.

It is like my wife stating that she planned the Kargil Operations against Pakistan just because I was some sort of a honcho around at that place.

Reflected glory is no glory!

It is only the insecure you find courage in reflected glory.

My granduncle was the Father of Indian Statistics. Go figure who he is. But, I would be damned if I claim that I am the last word in Statistics. If I did, I would be the most idiotic and foolish man alive!

Fortunately, I claim credit for whatever I did. I am not a fool to bask in reflected glory.

That indicates infantile and peabrained construction of the psyche.

Last edited:

JayATL

You don't have to teach me about the American Army. Suffice it to say, that I have trained quite a few Americans when they were seconded to the Army War College, where I was not only an instructor, but appointed as Mentor to some! I have also had interaction with American officers at Colleges where I went as a student in the normal course of career.
RAY- you understand the American army so well that you quoted in this very thread you had no idea about the American army setup. also , can you keep the rhetoric down and answer without having to write a thesis full of irrelevant stuff? It does show your wordiness if it does not make sense.

QUOTE FROM YOU POST #160

I am not aware as to how the US Army operates.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

I see someone preaching Army code of conduct to we Indians. Before preaching about ethics and code of conduct to Indian armed forces I would request him to just have a look at track record of hi adopted country . I don't want to to go into detail but you should put your own house in order before you start preaching others.Track record and inhuman behavior of american armed forces are for everyone to see. Just google Guantanamo bay and read the seach results.

pmaitra

RAY- you understand the American army so well that you quoted in this very thread you had no idea about the American army setup. also , can you keep the rhetoric down and answer without having to write a thesis full of irrelevant stuff? It does show your wordiness if it does not make sense.
Let it go Jay. As Ray Sir said, he could have simply deleted your post, but did not want to hide your opinion, so he let whatever you wrote be and simply put in his comments. I wouldn't take offense. Please, don't let this become a firefight. Winning an argument at DFI is not a life or death situation.

Oracle

you understand the American army so well that you quoted in this very thread you had no idea about the American army setup. also , can you keep the rhetoric down and answer without having to write a thesis full of irrelevant stuff? It does show your wordiness if it does not make sense.

QUOTE FROM YOU POST #160

I have come across several trolls, but not a single low level troll like you. While I read your posts, even my sometimes low esteem gets a beating. You say your wife is a marine, does she support you financially? Are you a Joru Ka Gulam? Why advertise? You say you are a Vice President of a company and that you have rejected an offer of 6 crores? You say you manage a band, and when I asked questions, you did not even stepped into that thread.

Are you mental? OR are you Pakistani?
You have insulted people long enough, time to get some back Yankee!

Last edited:

JayATL

I see someone preaching Army code of conduct to we Indians. Before preaching about ethics and code of conduct to Indian armed forces I would request him to just have a look at track record of hi adopted country . I don't want to to go into detail but you should put your own house in order before you start preaching others.Track record and inhuman behavior of american armed forces are for everyone to see. Just google Guantanamo bay and read the seach results

First no claim is made that said hi country is faultless. the discussion is about human rights and policies . don't take an attempt to better oneself as an onslaught of all that is India. Again NOT A ZERO SUM GAME!

I'm sure you have heard the term " if so so jumps of the brooklyn bridge, will you too?". when a teacher in your kids class says there an issue with your child , do you say " but look at the other kids".

You are sadly mistaken or have comprehended that Gitmo is a -okay by me and similar minded thinkers- It's not. But did you also know that it is illagela in the US to shoot anyone , if not shot at or immediate bodily harm is suspected? yup , they can see an illegal crossing the border form a mile away, see he has either drugs, weapon in his hand BUT cannot shoot that person. so I would say the standards are pretty high , would'nt you? I suspect not...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

QUOTE FROM YOU POST #160
\
I understand the US Army psyche and the people, but not the organisations in it holity.

If I were you, with scanty knowledge and just because I taught and interacted with American Army personnel, pretend that I am a knowall, then I would be a liar! Hence, my comment I am not totally aware of the US Army setup.

I would go further just to cut your rambling short. Your wife maybe a Marine. Are you? Do you know all about the Marines? Have you undergone training with them? So, what you hear is hearsay and not the real McCoy, got that.

My father was in Burma Campaign. Does it mean I know all about the Burma Campaign?

So, quit acting the goat. English phrase!

One requires a detailed explanation to the illiterate. Forgive me. Force of habit. I am a national monitor for Rural Development. Check their website! ;) :)

The detailed rebuttal exposes you for what you are.

Embarrassing, is it?

JayATL

Let it go Jay. As Ray Sir said, he could have simply deleted your post, but did not want to hide your opinion, so he let whatever you wrote be and simply put in his comments. I wouldn't take offense. Please, don't let this become a firefight. Winning an argument at DFI is not a life or death situation.
I did let it go bro- that's why i only replied to one half of his argument i.e his knowledge of the American army and said no further about editing my post.

Oracle

/\/\/\ You are 499 posts old. Only the intro post made sense to me. :D

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think it has been a very interesting discussion.

It is going nowhere but running around the bush like Tony Lumpkin!

Wow! I am impressed with the super duper power that I have to close a thread.

Man, this is the most celebrated moment of my life!

I am overwhelmed with the power, better than Merlin or Harry Potter!

What more could a man want!

Oh but one moment.

I met Nehru, Chou en Lai, Haldane, Igor Tamm and Neils Bohr (Nobel Laureates) and many others. Check the photo library of the Indian Statistical Institute.

Sad that I am not them nor do I claim any reflected glory!

wow and double wow!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles