BSF shot dead teenagers trying to exfilterate to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayATL

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...akistan/articleshow/7377653.cms#ixzz1CJtREekr

AMRITSAR: Border Security Force (BSF) shot dead two teen aged boys in the wee hours of Friday while they were trying to illegally cross over to Pakistan from Indo-Pak international border near Amritsar.

The preliminary investigations suggests that both of them are Bangladeshi Muslims. Rupees five hundred and a watch have been recovered from one of them.

Giving details of the incident BSF inspector general (frontier) Himmat Singh told TOI that a patrolling party of BSF spotted some suspicious movements in a mustard field near BSF's Mullankot Border Outpost (BOP), about four and half kilometer north of Attari international border, at around 1 AM on Friday.

BSF jawan's challenged them to stop but they ignored the warning and instead ran towards the border fence and one of them even managed to cross the fence following which BSF opened fire and shot both of them dead said he.

A slip written in Bangla language had been recovered from them besides a watch and Rs 500 which makes BSF believe that the persons who were trying to exfilterate from India to Pakistan were Bangladeshi nationals said he while adding that further investigations were on progress.

He said many Bangladeshi nationals often illegally try to cross over to Pakistan in search of better living condition and work in a Muslim country or to live with their relatives largely settled in and around Karachi. Mostly these people fall pray to the human traffickers who brings them to Amritsar from Kolkota by train , take them near the international border , shows them the border fence and ask them to cross the fence at night , But they are either captured or shot dead if they ignore the BSF's warnings.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We have many more bangladeshis in india. They too can go to pakistan for a "better" living. I am sure everyone in india will assist them to go. In fact give them all 500 each and walk them to the border until you see the back of them.

JayATL

I'm of two minds here:

1. If there are signs that clearly state , especially on this volatile side of the border ( not the bangla side)- stating don't attempt to cross or you will be shot- then this is a sad but expected incident.

2. I still feel that on the bangla side the shoot to kill anyone , is way overboard and inhumane. That side of the border seems to be more about illegal immigration than terrorist. I think the orders on the bangla side should be - if identified or reasonably suspected as a terrorist then shoot to kill- personally I would assume that by giving the terrorist a chance to give up- nothing like gleaming information off them .. If not identified as a terrorist, then arrest , detain, deport.

Those images of a teenage girl hanging on the barb wire and shot won't get nothing but bad PR and image of India, period. Same girl on the US border would have been arrested once she crossed over). if they border police had shot her - they would have been thrown in Jail. And have been in the past.

Point is- you can't lose your basic sense of civility , what the country was established upon , in the face of terrorist acts. otherwise those terrorist have won. HOWEVER_That does not mean ' open borders' or being stupid regarding security. But it also does not mean going overboard in the opposite direction.

Last edited:

Oracle

Did we waste any bullets? No. Great! Keep em' coming or even going.

Blackwater

We have many more bangladeshis in india. They too can go to pakistan for a "better" living. I am sure everyone in india will assist them to go. In fact give them all 500 each and walk them to the border until you see the back of them.
hahah nice one. We should assist all bangla manush liviing in India to our brothers in west. We should tel them why waste time in India. we will drop you to western country lolllllllll:D:D:D:D

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
1. If there are signs that clearly state , especially on this volatile side of the border ( not the bangla side)- stating don't attempt to cross or you will be shot- then this is a sad but expected incident.
This is the stated condition written. If it is not, first of all civilians are NOT ALLOWED that close to the borders especially the villagers nearby since all the countries in South Asia maintain this for them that "foreign country is dangerous side. don't go" vis a vis our neighbours (barring Nepal and Bhutan who have OPEN BORDERS agreements with us). Those who do attempt to cross, come in illegally and they know that in India laws are lax so they try to blend in. Illegal immigration is a nuisance mate. 20 million already and we don't want more scum just because WESTERN Human Rights thinks so. If they want, they can take our 20 million illegals and love them 'humanely'. US already has only 350 million while we have 1.14 billion. They can certainly afford 20 million more. :D

2. I still feel that on the bangla side the shoot to kill anyone , is way overboard and inhumane. That side of the border seems to be more about illegal immigration than terrorist. I think the orders on the bangla side should be - if identified or reasonably suspected as a terrorist then shoot to kill- personally I would assume that by giving the terrorist a chance to give up- nothing like gleaming information off them .. If not identified as a terrorist, then arrest , detain, deport.
Fair enough, but geo-political realities force us to take the necessary and sometimes undesirable steps.

You do know that jihadi terror also stems from Bangladesh into our side don't you? Call this ISI's offshoots but they have sleeper cells in Bangladesh as well and hence promote terrorism in our region. The thing is you don't know how it is here: the Bangladesh-India border is covered with marshy and swampy areas and lush greenery with thickets.. it is very difficult to identify and do those US style legal procedures due to this. ANd most illegals try to come in by night.

Now this is immature and rosy-eyed of you (underlined part). How do you know that this guy is a terrorist? First of all, it is not 1 or 2 who cross in. There are hundreds who use the difficult terrain to cross in. That is a nuisance. We cannot question and capture each and everyone. We did that earlier in 90s and before but this crossed the line and was not proving effective. So the new procedure.

Those images of a teenage girl hanging on the barb wire and shot won't get nothing but bad PR and image of India, period. Same girl on the US border would have been arrested once she crossed over). if they border police had shot her - they would have been thrown in Jail. And have been in the past.
We already have a hostile and dubious neighbourhood to even care about what image others think of around our neighbourhood. This image obsession is the reason we had mini-carnivals since last 5 years and the mega carnival on 26/11. Sorry but the "Rights" brigade can simply take in our illegals if they are so concerned. We are not. Our region already has enough troubles than it is worth and hence we cannot exactly afford to have in more rogues in.

Point is- you can't lose your basic sense of civility , what the country was established upon , in the face of terrorist acts. otherwise those terrorist have won. HOWEVER_That does not mean ' open borders' or being stupid regarding security. But it also does not mean going overboard in the opposite direction.
USA should try living between a terrorist Islamist state, an expansionist Communist tyranny both of whom are nuclear armed, a beggar radical swampy state, a tiny aggressive island nation and all these having their own wings of something or the other inside one's country creating SHIT all around, coupled with state and national level day-to-day corruption and try to become a rising economy in this area despite all these odds, just try to----- take it in written that it won't last a month as a nation and won't last a week without warring.

Then try reasoning morality with us.

JayATL

I said this a million times to you - you debate with utmost ignorance when it comes to this topic.

To you having a humane policy= why don't you take our illegal immigrants US?. ( asinine view #1)

To you if you can shoot someone , somehow you can't grab them when you have them tracked in your sights, and it posses no threat ( weapons in hand etc) ( asinine view #2)

To you the US some has less of a terrorist threat and hence it does not understand your kill one kill all policy ( asinine view #3)

hence, I won't debate you further than this post. Fact is India is changing its policy on the Bangla border and has stated it as such and the humane and sounder minds prevailed!

Under pressure, senior Indian officials have expressed revulsion at the behaviour of the BSF and have promised to send new orders to end the shoot-to-kill policy. They have committed to use nonviolent means to apprehend illegal border crossers or smugglers where they pose no risk to life
# guardian.co.uk, Sunday 23 January 2011 11.00 GMT

Last edited:

Oracle

I said this a million times to you - you debate with utmost ignorance when it comes to this topic.

To you having a humane policy= why don't you take our illegal immigrants US?. ( asinine view #1)

To you if you can shoot someone , somehow you can't grab them when you have them tracked in your sights, and it posses no threat ( weapons in hand etc) ( asinine view #2)

To you the US is some how less of a terrorist threat and hence it does not understand your kill one kill all policy ( asinine view #3)

hence, I won't debate you further than this post. Fact is India is changing its policy on the Bangla border and has stated it as such and the humane and sounder minds prevailed!

Do you have any idea how US border patrols treat Mexican immigrants on the borders? No? Stop ranting and have a reality check of your Country first.

JayATL

this should be fun, educate me about US border police policies and US immigration law enforcement

Oracle

this should be fun, educate me about US border police policies and US immigration law enforcement
Aren't you an American Citizen, a VP of a company earning millions of US dollars? Are you saying you don't have a TV @ Home, or you can't read English printed newspapers. Stop hijacking this thread as you always do!

JayATL

Aren't you an American Citizen, a VP of a company earning millions of US dollars? Are you saying you don't have a TV @ Home, or you can't read English printed newspapers. Stop hijacking this thread as you always do!
HUH LOL- did you not ask me this question " Do you have any idea how US border patrols treat Mexican immigrants on the borders?No? Stop ranting and have a reality check of your Country first. "

to me that implies that you inherently do, hence I asked the question. anyways forget it... / ignore

Oracle

/\/\/\ JayATL, considering I have an IQ 1/100th of yours or not at all. Since you have a wife who serves in Marine Intelligence, you yourself are a VP. I find it quite queer to believe you don't know things. Like for example the offset clause. Like here about US patrols. Who's fooling whom man? You need to get it once and for all. People here are not so stupid as you might have imagined while signing onto this forum mate!

gogbot

I'm of two minds here:

Please try to remember that India's border with Pakistan is hotspot for terrorist infiltration ,
Remember that there were once more than 10,000 militants in Kashmir alone , most of them receiving training and arms from across the border.

The LOC is no man's land so far as India is concerned , if your caught by the BSF unless you surrender on the spot.
BSF has plausabile right to treat you as a hostile , given the nature of the region

Situation on the Bangladesh border is a bit different.

But keep in mid , same principle reasons for such extreme measures.
Most of the people shot are involved in illegal activity.

BSF has limited ways of dealing with them.

One if BSF try's to engage them before firing their weapons , while they are still on the Bangladesh side , they will simply run away an try again on a different part of the border. BSF will ofcourse be unable to pursue

two is BSF waits for them to cross and them apprehend them , they will be stuck in diplomatic limbo , and they will have to housed as refugees in facilities till they can be sent back to Bangladesh. There is no such agreement between India and Bangladesh for such a prisoner transfer , India will just be stuck housing them indefinetly while India flips the bill.

This border conditions are an unfortunate reality , due to the current political conditions.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
And I told this a million times to you: You don't know jack about India, Indian situation, Indian geo-politics and Indian threat perception sitting tight in USA. And this is about Northeast. I know my region fairly well, especially better than someone sitting outside.

Again, we don't have US-like situation in our borders. If you have some logical sense, try comparing the geo-politics in detail of both regions.

As I said, our situation is not so peaceful....

To you the US some has less of a terrorist threat and hence it does not understand your kill one kill all policy ( asinine view #3)
NO. To all of us Indians of INDIA, we have faced 10 times more terrorism than US ever has in its history; especially jihadi terrorism. The terrorism you face in US is not even 1/10th of what we have faced or continue to face. So don't even think of comparing.

We don't have a la-la land policy here. Snap out of your dreamland and try living here to know realities than reading dumb articles online by UK based papers.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
/\/\/\ JayATL, considering I have an IQ 1/100th of yours or not at all. Since you have a wife who serves in Marine Intelligence, you yourself are a VP. I find it quite queer to believe you don't know things. Like for example the offset clause. Like here about US patrols. Who's fooling whom man? You need to get it once and for all. People here are not so stupid as you might have imagined while signing onto this forum mate!
Leave it buddy... I didn't expect him to know general Indian situation in North and West part of our country itself-- let alone our east and northeast.

JayATL

You are right lets leave it to be . because I think we have a English language comprehension issue here. It's obvious the nuances within it - is really not your forte. Nowhere did I imply I did know what the US policies were. I simply asked to be educated ( see: facetious ) in what your interpretation was of the US immigration and border security policies_ since you claimed that I had no clue about it. thanks for the latest submission on your IQ score and it's okay to be queer :D

Last edited:

Oracle

You are right lets leave it to be . because I think we have a English language comprehension issue here. It's obvious the nuances within it - is really not your forte. Nowhere did I imply I did know what the US policies were. I simply asked to be educated ( facetious term) in what your interpretation was of the US policies, since you claimed that I had no clue of it. thanks for the latest submission on your IQ score :D
Yes you're right. I agreed well within my senses that I have an IQ 1:100 of yours. But you ducked most of my queries, which I would not say questions. Americans believe no one can ask them questions, they always answer that favor them.

I thought you were educated, how come you want to be educated? An Indian teaching foreign policy to an American is an insult to America, isn't it? My post btw doesn't contain my IQ score, my IQ score is enough to burn GRE & GMAT charts which your country enlists.

Now if you think you have scored over me the insults, can we please come back to the topic?

Last edited:

JayATL

Btw- highlighting my lack of capitalization is not due to lack of comprehension on my behalf. you had no queries but an opaque statement implying I did not know US policies and you did. the rest of your post, man, lol . I can't do this to you, it would be mean of me to pick on you. debating you is mind numbing, at lest for me. I promise not to do it anymore... enjoy your next incoherent reply.

Last edited:

Oracle

Btw- highlighting my lack of capitalization is not due to lack of comprehension on my behalf. the rest of your post, man, lol .
That was English Language Comprehension for you!

I can't do this to you, it would be mean of me to pick on you.
Sure! Do that. I don't leave myself on crossroads.

debating you is mind numbing, at lest for me. I promise not anymore... enjoy your next incoherent reply.
Thank you very much. I feel great, an ABCD has finally come into senses!

DeletedUser

@Oracle:

Calm down and think about it logically, shoot to kill policy is wrong. Most of the time it ends innocent lives and gives India bad press. I'm sure there are better ways to deal with illegal immigrants, criminals, insurgents etc. Like rubber bullets and electric fence.

No need to flame just because you don't agree with someone.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles