BRUSSELS: Pakistani family stand trial for ‘honour killing’

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by maomao, Nov 17, 2011.

1. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

BRUSSELS: A Pakistani family of four go on trial Thursday in connection with the “honour killing” of a 20-year-old woman who defied them by living with a Belgian and refusing an arranged marriage.

Sadia Sheikh, a Belgian law student of Pakistani origin, was shot dead by three bullets fired by her older brother Mudusar on October 22, 2007, when visiting her family who had pledged to patch up their quarrel.

Her parents and sister are accused of aiding and abetting the killing.

She had left the family home to study after her shopkeeper parents tried to arrange a marriage with a cousin living in Pakistan she had never met.

Read Full Article: Pakistani family stand trial for ‘honour killing’ | Latest-News | DAWN.COM

3. agentperry

agentperry Senior Member Senior Member

arranged marriage..well thats something different but with a cousin? this is weird. moreover they forgot that they were living in europe where law persists. am i correct raja pakistani?

bhramos and maomao like this.
  4. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

what a shame. despite spending years in Europe mind is still in primitive state. Once a pakstani always a pakistani. Incorrigible is perfect word to describe Pakistanis.

maomao likes this.
  5. Sikh_warrior

Sikh_warrior Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

the honour killing is also practised in north india, so its nothing new with pakistanis too!

yes, the marriage within the first cousins is also a very much practised thing in pakistan, but lately due to so many marriages happening within the family has taken a very heavy toll on the kids born out of the marriage, these kids have serious medical problems!

anyway, the family should have thought about the exposure of western culture and society before leaving pakistan!

6. Raja.pakistani

Raja.pakistani Regular Member

First of all let me clarify that honor killing is not islamic practice. Its more cultural practice and some peoples(which include non muslims as well) get blind in emotion when they find their dear ones in pre-martial/extra-martial sex affairs and in emotion they do something which don't look sane and reasonable . I also dont like when in most cases honor of family only revolve around girls while guys can do whatever they wish and their acts dont bring shame for family.

secondly i have found that in western countries some peoples confuse arrange marriages with forced marriages when they are two differnt things. Just becuase you go for arrange marriages it don't necessarily mean that marriage will be a forced marriage..

Third there is nothing wrong to have marriage with cousin as far as islam concern. You found it weird because your religion/belief dont allow it. Right ?

7. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Bunch of idiots. If anything the main reason why they kill is supposedly getting there family name shamed in the society they are living in but that is not the case in belgiam either.

8. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Honour killing is silly.

One can just socially boycott the chap who does not go by the family's desire, if indeed they are that badly inflamed and insulted!

9. Ray

Quite a few times forced marriages are passed of as 'arranged marriages' to appear acceptable as being on the ball!

I presume that those exposed to the West are aware of the medical issues involving children born to couple who are close relatives, and so they do not want to marry cousins,

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
    maomao likes this.
  10. bhramos

bhramos Elite Member Elite Member

thats common in Indian Muslims too, i have seen personally so many in & around Hyderabad, even my friends married their dad's brother daughter its common yaar...

11. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

It has happened in Canada as well. An immigrant family from Afghanistan is on trial (Father, Son and Step Mother) for killing two or three daughters and his first wife. On top of that all three say they will do it 1000 times. It is the rigid mentality.

12. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Good thing haryanvis stay in haryana :p

13. Ray

Haryanvi are all over, but when they are not in their villages, their writ does not work.

All people who undertaken Honour Killing are intelligence deficient and antediluvian.

maomao likes this.