Broker puts 'no muslims' ad in newspaper; controversy ensues

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ashdoc, Nov 10, 2013.

1. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

3. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Broker puts 'no muslims' ad on property site ; controversy ensues

When is minority comission of maharashtra goin to act against "Vishal D’souza"

Second loaction is dadar hindu i do not know about its composition may be mostly upper cast RICH Maharashitrains.

Now whether so called "Vishal D’souza" live there or is broker isnt clear from link.May be he lives there

maomao likes this.
  4. chase

chase Tihar Jail Banned

Stupid secular Indian media making an issue out of a non-issue.

No-muslims just means that the area is safe,burkha and cow/buffalo meat free. Any person with an iota of hinduism inside him/her will not be comfortable with cow meat being cooked in their neighbors home.

rock127 and maomao like this.
  5. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

One comment claims ad was put up by a Christian :-(

maomao likes this.
  6. chase

chase Tihar Jail Banned

Christian or HIndu, its the fault of muslims that people dont want to live them. I will never be comfortable with having muslims around my house. They have their mysterious silence which seems like a silent approval when terrorist acts happen.

Shredder, Vishwarupa, rock127 and 5 others like this.
  7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I was amused to read the lame explanation given by the rep of the agency, as reported in the media.

The chap said, 'no muslim' meant that there was no Muslim who has as yet taken an apartment!

All said and done, if any broker has any issue on a community, it can be done more subtly than being blatantly silly and offensive.

For instance, the Gujarati housing societies, in Kolkata, states 'no non vegetarians or pets'.

That means have a ball only on Dhoklas and do the garba just to amuse oneself, not being able to play with a pet!

Agnostic_Indian likes this.
  8. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

vishal d'souza is certainly a christain name originating from formerly portuguese ruled goa .

drkrn likes this.
  9. Ray

On what section of the law is he going to be charge?

Would he not be entitled to sell his properties to anyone he so desires or is there any embargo?

Any lawyers here who can clarify?

What about not renting or selling to 'non vegetarians' and those who have pets?

What act can be used against them?

10. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

there is a big problem in Bombay or Maharashtra as state.

i remembered shabana azmi and chumma master ( emraan hashmi) said they too find it difficult to buy flat in bombay

Is there discrimination for other minorities in Bombay too, especially sikhs ???

can any bombay wala want to comment

11. Shirman

Shirman Regular Member

Ok this is my favourite topic why there is Muslim and Hindu discrimination in a metropolitan like Mumbai......Let me explain this phenomena with some examples recently some two to three months back there was a similar sought of discrimination that took place in Khar where a Muslim neighbour certain Khan fellow accused his Jain neighbours that their Jain neighbours had special water pipeline which was used to supply to their household and refused the water pipe line that supplied to Mr. Khan’s family........ later Khan approached to print media and made a big hoopla out of it embarrassing not only Jain members but also other society members........we all know the famous Shabana Azmi our secular great atheist Javed Akthar’s wife had a hue cry in 2009 that Muslims don’t get property flats in Mumbai after which Hindustan times had a special series which gave detail account and analysis on how Muslims face discrimination Ironically it appeared / later found out in one case in Mahim that Christians of Mahim had some tremendous issues with new Muslim Migrants of Uttar Pradesh (originally the press wanted to target Hindus for Muslim discrimination) though i personally remember them during 2006 Mumbai train bomb blast they were on streets pleading local Hindus not to stigmatise, hate, get furious on peace loving Muslims as some fundamentalists and neighbouring Islamic countries radicals don’t want Muslims and Hindus live together........Its a great media mystery that nobody in media have ever asked or told Mrs Shabana that why there are Radical Muslim/ Islamist in Azamgarh even great Indian Mujahideen had an “Azamgarh module”......heck 1993 Bombay bomb blast case even had Azamgarh connection (source M. Zaidi’s Black Friday detailed account on Mumbai Bomb blast).......Which brings me to the main conclusion that the scars of 1992-93 Bombay riots and Bomb blast are still fresh and nobody nor Hindus and neither Muslims are doing any serious attempt to heal them......Muslims whether be it Shabana Azmi, Imran Hashmi, or Mr.Khan from Khar or the Secular Media which so called Highlights the plight of Muslims but in process makes Muslims look more bad (and sad) in front of every other community of Mumbai......... As for me i live in a Muslim majority or let say “Muslim dominated “ area......Back in the 1980s when I was a teenager I personally used to get very angry when people Hindus mainly called my area MINI PAKISTAN but gradually after what happened in 1992-93 really changed that.....after then i often tell people i have personally seen and felt how Pakistan is there is no need to go to Pakiland... Pakistan came to me in 1992-93.............

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    Shredder, drkrn, Singh and 2 others like this.
  12. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

If there is no discrimination against Sikhs? Then there is no discrimination? Right?

Coming back, I know muslims in Delhi who will not resnt their Flat to Muslims....how will you explain that?

I will not rent my Flat to a Muslim......So I discriminate against Muslims? Or there is a rational behavior behind this?

13. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

did i say so??? i just want to know situation of other minorities especially sikhs

14. Truth Finder

Truth Finder Regular Member

This should not happen in India.

15. ninja85

ninja85 Regular Member

Coalmine likes this.
  16. Ray

This is housing in the avian kingdom.

Birds of a feather flock together?

However, Cuckoos don't bother building their own nests - they just lay eggs that perfectly mimic those of other birds and take over their nests. But other birds are wising up, evolving some seriously impressive tricks to spot the cuckoo eggs.

Cuckoos are what's known as brood parasites, meaning they hide their eggs in the nests of other species. To avoid detection, the cuckoos have evolved so that their eggs replicate those of their preferred targets. If the host bird doesn't notice the strange egg in its nest, the newly hatched cuckoo will actually take all the nest for itself, taking the other eggs on its back and dropping them out of the nest.

To avoid this nasty fate for their offspring, the other birds have evolved a few nifty ways to spot the fakes, which we're only now beginning to fully understand. One of the most intriguing finds is that birds have an extra color-sensitive cell in their retinas, which makes them far more sensitive to ultraviolet wavelengths and allows them to see a far greater range of colors than we humans can. This allows wary birds to detect a counterfeit egg where to our eyes they're all identical.

Fascinatingly, we're actually able to observe different bird species at very different points in their evolutionary war with the cuckoos. For instance, some cuckoos lay their eggs in the nests of the redstart. The blue eggs these cuckoos lay are practically identical to those of the redstarts, and yet they still sometimes get rejected. Compare that with cuckoos who target dunnocks. While those birds lay perfectly blue eggs, their cuckoo invaders just lay white eggs with brown splotches. And yet dunnocks barely ever seem to notice the obvious forgery.

Biologists suspect these more gullible species like the dunnocks are on the same evolutionary path as the redstarts, but they have a long way to go until they evolve the same levels of suspicion. What's remarkable is that the dunnock fakes are so bad and the redstart forgeries so good, and yet cuckoos are still more successful with the former than the latter.

It speaks to just how radically a species's behavior can be altered by the pressures of natural selection, or it might just be a bit of strategic cooperation on the part of the dunnocks. Biologists have suggested that these birds are willing to tolerate a parasite every so often because they don't want to risk accidentally getting rid of one of their own eggs.

Crazy, what?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  17. ninja85

ninja85 Regular Member

o yeah , now believe the truth of the bollywood bastards and it's gossip people.

18. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

No you did not. I was just poking you! :D

Condition of Sikhs is always the Best! However, in a Guju/Jain society no non-veggie will be allowed irrespective of the fact that he is a Sikh or a Hindu!

19. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

It is the society's right to give or decline the application of a new tenant. This is the SC ruling.

There is a rational logic behind this behaviour. Jains are willing to pay a premium amount to stay is a all Jain society. Its a USP for them, like having a gym, swimming pool or a garden.

Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk

20. Ray

As a person, I would not like to go where I am not welcomed.

I would like to believe that it is the other person's loss by not welcoming me.

21. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

There should be anti- discrimination laws that prohibit formation of these exclusive societies. This too has led to ghettoization in some communities which is again a fertile ground for radicalization.

To those in favor of such policies, would you accept such behavior if the aggrieved community were Hindus?