British-registered ship caught taking arms to China

redragon

Country flag
I bet the truth is: US Amy wants to make some money, so they tried to sell some missile off table. that is why US government is silent about this event. They do quite a lot to cover the final destination but anyone who has a brain won't say they are selling weapons to China. Unfortunatly the hatred towards China makes indian members lost the ability to think and make conclusion independently. The same reason result in many mis-calculation when predicting or analysing chinese events/weapons. This is my personal view after 5 yrs or longer with DFI.

trackwhack

I bet the truth is: US Amy wants to make some money, so they tried to sell some missile off table. that is why US government is silent about this event. They do quite a lot to cover the final destination but anyone who has a brain won't say they are selling weapons to China. Unfortunatly the hatred towards China makes indian members lost the ability to think and make conclusion independently. The same reason result in many mis-calculation when predicting or analysing chinese events/weapons. This is my personal view after 5 yrs or longer with DFI.
Who said anything about selling? We are speculating that the Chinese stole it. :lol:

redragon

Country flag
Who said anything about selling? We are speculating that the Chinese stole it. :lol:
So you are actually worse than I thought, if China can steal 69 Patriots from NATO, I don't think china needs to copy weapons from other countries
I think China can kill all soldiers without anyone notice, it will be easier than getting those heavy hardware from thousands km away.

And US amry is selling, but to South Korea.

redragon

Country flag
And US amry is selling, but to South Korea.
Sorry, My bad, should be US army is smuggling, that is why US government didn't know anything. Because SK is an ally, it should be not necessary to mark the cargo as "firework". I guess some generals might have too much debts to pay.
Gosh, US army now definitely looks like the Former red army depicted in "The lord of war" :rofl:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
As I think about this, the importance of the issue has more to do with working conditions for longshoremen and crew members than who sold what to whom. Improperly packed explosives and mis-labelled missiles are not a safe work environment.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The most likely explanation is that NATO is secretly beefing up SOKOR's defenses ahead of an inevitable myth-making provocations from the NOKOR for their new Kim. Secretly, because they don't want to give the NOKOR more ammos to further escalate the already tense atmosphere...

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Seized Patriot missiles are legal shipment, Germany says
By the CNN Wire Staff
December 22, 2011

(CNN) -- A shipment of Patriot missiles that Finnish authorities found and seized was legal and authorized, the German government said Thursday.

A Germany Defense Ministry official said the missiles, found on board the Thor Liberty, were part of a German delivery for South Korea under a longstanding agreement.

This was to be the last such delivery, said Lt. Col. Holger Neumann.

Earlier, a customs official familiar with the case told CNN the shipment departed December 6 from the German port of Emden.

"The exporters had all necessary permissions, including an export authorization and a special authorization for the export of war weapons," the source said.

Finnish authorities said Wednesday they had impounded the 69 Patriot missiles and were investigating.

Police said they also found explosives and propelling charges aboard the British-flagged cargo ship at the port of Kotka, about 75 miles east of Helsinki.

Police said the shipment was headed for Shanghai, China, but Neumann and the customs official said the destination was South Korea.

The Patriot is a surface-to-air missile system manufactured by the U.S. company Raytheon and has been sold to various nations.
Finnish authorities found the defense materials during a customs search.

Authorities found 150 tons of explosives, Finland's National Bureau of Investigation said.
In a statement, the bureau said that on Wednesday evening, "customs apprehended two persons on a suspicion of an export offense" involving "defense supplies."

Defense forces were asked to assist in securing and guarding the materials, the bureau said.

Seized Patriot missiles are legal shipment, Germany says - CNN.com

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This snafu is an ideal example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Shit happens. But too much mistakes are being committed the most uncomfortable was the absolute lack of intelligence of the death of the 2nd Kim.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I feel concerned that China is always blamed without investigation.

As if China is some sort of a Dracula feasting on blood!

ice berg

I feel concerned that China is always blamed without investigation.

As if China is some sort of a Dracula feasting on blood!
I am sure your "concern" is genuin.

I would not be so worried if I am you though. They consist mostly of 14 years old kids or some retired people with too much time on their hands.

It is most fun watching their "predictions" fail. :lol:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I am sure your "concern" is genuine.

I would not be so worried if I am you though. They consist mostly of 14 years old kids or some retired people with too much time on their hands.

It is most fun watching their "predictions" fail. :lol:
I am retired. I consider DFI a very good use of my time. I do try to avoid predictions.

JayATL

Apart from this story: Why are Chinese expressing surprise here? I don't get it... was it not months ago that a Chinese spy was caught in Russia trying to get a shipment of some military parts?

Why would china want it when it makes its own missiles. Same reason why china steals American technology when it makes it's own aircrafts. maybe because its own military hardware is just like their submarines-a shell of old technology pretending to be masked as modern systems?

Russia arrests Chinese 'spy' in row over defence weapons

Man accused of seeking details of anti-aircraft missile system which experts say the Chinese are trying to copy
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/05/russia-arrests-chinese-translator-spying

Last edited:

ice berg

Apart from this story: Why are Chinese expressing surprise here? I don't get it... was it not months ago that a Chinese spy was caught in Russia trying to get a shipment of some military parts?

Why would china want it when it makes its own missiles. Same reason why china steals American technology when it makes it's own aircrafts. maybe because its own military hardware is just like their submarines-a shell of old technology pretending to be masked as modern systems?

Russia arrests Chinese 'spy' in row over defence weapons

Man accused of seeking details of anti-aircraft missile system which experts say the Chinese are trying to copy
Russia arrests Chinese 'spy' in row over defence weapons | World news | The Guardian
It got more to do with the fact that those missiles and explosives isnt what China really need. It got nothing to do with aknowledging the fact that China conduct espionage. Try not to confuse those two things.

Russia has always been good at makes SAM systems. If China got access to s300 and s400, why Patriot missiles. And 60 odd ones at that? Dont make sense if you think about it.

Let us open a new thread if you really are into this.

noob101

It got more to do with the fact that those missiles and explosives isnt what China really need. It got nothing to do with aknowledging the fact that China conduct espionage. Try not to confuse those two things.

Russia has always been good at makes SAM systems. If China got access to s300 and s400, why Patriot missiles. And 60 odd ones at that? Dont make sense if you think about it.

Let us open a new thread if you really are into this.
60 odd missiles wont be much use per se... but hat number should be enough for the Chinese to reverse engineering.... even if you have details about one missile system doesn't mean that you wouldn't want details about another, The Chinese are legendary at this!
This is not to highlight that the chinese conduct espionage everyone does and everyone knows that!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles