British MPs take up Amarnath terror attack

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Seek stronger condemnation by London of the perpetrators of the carnage on pilgrims
A Conservative MP has tabled a motion in the House of Commons urging the British government to step up its condemnation of the terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims in Kashmir, as well as investigate if there are any direct or indirect links to organisations or people in Britain involved in cross-border terrorism in India.

The Early Day Motion — a formal means for an MP to bring attention to issues outside the formal debating chamber — launched by Bob Blackman, the MP for the London constituency of Harrow East, calls on MPs to recognise the “gruesome attack on innocent pilgrims by Lashkar-e-Taiba”, and urged the government to “condemn strongly the attack and stand with India in the fight against terrorism”. The EDM, which was co-sponsored by Ealing Southall MP Virendra Sharma and three others, has been signed by eight MPs since it was tabled a week ago, but Mr. Blackman’s office has launched a campaign urging the Indian diaspora to lobby their parliamentarians on the issue.

‘Brainwashed’
“In the U.K., as also in Kashmir, I see a number of people being brainwashed to think that the conflict in Jammu and Kashmir is an indigenous freedom movement…. This movement is not indigenous but sponsored by Pakistan to spread terror and disruption to normalcy in Kashmir and border areas of Jammu and Kashmir state in India,” said Mr. Blackman in an email interview with this paper. “U.K. and India have shared a special relationship of friendship and in this fight against terror, we must stand shoulder to shoulder and support India in condemning as well as taking stern action to nip the very cause of terrorism in its roots. The U.K. Parliament in its fight against terrorism, has a moral responsibility to support India.”

The EDM comes amid renewed focus on terror and counter-terrorism cooperation between the two nations. Last month, India’s High Commissioner to the U.K. was candid in his criticism of Britain’s past approach to India’s concerns about the source of terrorism on its borders.

“I fully agree to the remarks made by the Indian High Commisioner, Y.K. Sinha,” said Mr. Blackman. “It is not a surprise that the international terrorist groups operating in Kashmir are also trying to make inroads into the U.K. I have been raising my concerns over the funding we make to Pakistan and asking these to be devoted to the safety and security of minorities there. In addition, any organisations or individuals found glorifying terrorists backed by internationally recognised terrorist organisations must be stopped.

Britain’s High Commissioner to India Sir Dominic Asquith recently said relations on this front were “rock solid”.

India has welcomed some recent moves, including the decision by Birmingham City Council to withdraw permission for a rally planned for the death anniversary of Burhan Wani on July 8. “I know the government is cracking down seriously on any attempts to glorify terrorism in the U.K.,” said Mr. Blackman.

However, reservations within Indian circles remain, particularly around the prominence accorded to India’s concerns by Britain, in comparison with which the seriousness with which India has treated the issue with respect to Britain. For example, while condemnation of recent terror attacks in Britain were made directly by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Twitter, giving it an immediate prominence on a global platform, the Anantnag attack on pilgrims was condemned at a less high profile level. “Condemn terrorist attacks in #Anantnag. My thoughts are with the victims. UK and India stand together in fight against terrorism,” tweeted Mark Field, Minister for Asia Pacific.

“I am sure my colleagues will support me in urging our government to take strong measures to ensuring a safe environment for not only the people of U.K. but also exposing the real perpetrators of terrorism just like the U.S. have done recently,” said Mr. Blackman.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/british-mps-take-up-amarnath-terror-attack/article19318749.ece

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Every one knows this issue is because of Pakistani policies of sponsoring terror.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Every one knows this issue is because of Pakistani policies of sponsoring terror.
Yes they do. But when the same thing is being spoken clearly in British parliament, it has some weight to it. I personally am not a fan of the british (obviously) but in these uncertain times, we need as much political support as we can take.

square

Strategic Issues
but only resently those " everyone " accepting it.

US is lone superpower ,..... you stand with the US , the world stand with you !!!

SanjeevM

Country flag
Also UK people are fed up with growth of radical Islam in U.K. It is interfering with their way of life which is more free. Freedom to dress and parties, pubs. Radical Islam is interfering with this way of life. Recent incidents have shaken them to wake-up.

They know the source of all terrorism is Pakistan. Only country that can do something is India because everyone is bitten by the same snake. So they may now stand along with India.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Britain has more Pakistani influence than Indian influence simply because Pakistanis outnumber us there. Indians are more about 'managing' roles while the infamous British-Pakistanis form a significant voting lobby.

Worse come worst, UK will abstain from making any serious commitment to rat out any suspected terror supporter to our government, unless he or she has committed something serious from within Britain.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Britain has more Pakistani influence than Indian influence simply because Pakistanis outnumber us there. Indians are more about 'managing' roles while the infamous British-Pakistanis form a significant voting lobby.

Worse come worst, UK will abstain from making any serious commitment to rat out any suspected terror supporter to our government, unless he or she has committed something serious from within Britain.
The fact that they chose a muzzie as a mayor (or governor was it) proves muzzie influence there. Britain has irrevocably fallen into the muzzie jungle. It is not possible to change the demography now. Muzzies are only going to increase in numbers and influence there,.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The fact that they chose a muzzie as a mayor (or governor was it) proves muzzie influence there. Britain has irrevocably fallen into the muzzie jungle. It is not possible to change the demography now. Muzzies are only going to increase in numbers and influence there,.
I agree.

It also means that India will have to look at Germany, France and Sweden in the future.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles