Britain's Queen Elizabeth II caught on camera calling Chinese officials 'very rude'

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
LONDON: Queen Elizabeth II has been overheard on video calling Chinese officials "very rude" in a conversation with a senior police officer at a Buckingham Palace event.

The comments, made Tuesday, were unusual because the 90-year-old monarch rarely comments publicly on political matters, and media accompanying her are asked not to eavesdrop on private conversations.

The incident came hours after Prime Minister David Cameron was caught on microphone calling Nigeria and Afghanistan "fantastically corrupt."

The queen's comments, recorded by the palace's official cameraman at a palace garden party and distributed to broadcasters, captured police Commander Lucy D'Orsi telling the queen that arranging the state visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping in October had been a "testing time."

Elizabeth responded: "They were very rude to the ambassador."

In the video, an official introduced the queen to D'Orsi and explains that the officer was in charge of policing for the visit. The queen responded: "Oh! Bad luck."

The official tells the queen that D'Orsi had been "seriously undermined by the Chinese" in the handling of the visit.
When D'Orsi asked if the queen knew it had been a "testing time," the monarch interjected: "I did."

The officer recalled a moment when Chinese officials walked out of a meeting with Barbara Woodward, British ambassador to China, in which the Chinese told the Brits the trip was off.

"They walked out on both of us," D'Orsi said.

"Extraordinary," the queen said.

"It was very rude and undiplomatic I thought," D'Orsi said.

Both the Metropolitan police and the palace refused to comment on what they described as private conversations. The palace stressed that Xi's visit had been "extremely successful."

British officials laid on dollops of pomp and splendor — including a state banquet at the palace — during Xi's four-day state visit to nurture the U.K.'s developing economic relationship with China.

The two countries signed more than 30 billion pounds ($46 billion) in trade agreements during the trip, and Cameron said Britain would be China's "partner of choice" in the West.

Asked about the queen's reported remarks at a daily news briefing in Beijing on Wednesday, foreign ministry spokesman Lu Kang declined to address them directly, but said Xi had made a "very successful visit" to Britain last year.

"The working teams from both sides made huge efforts to make this possible. This effort has been highly recognized by both China and Britain," Lu said.

Despite Lu's comments, China appeared to regard the reports as sensitive. Information about the queen's comments was difficult to find on China's heavily censored Internet and government monitors cut the signal of the British Broadcasting Company when it reported on the comments.

British foreign secretary Philip Hammond said the visit "got a bit stressful on both sides" but had been "highly successful."

He said that "our relationship with China is very strong and has been greatly strengthened by the success of that visit."

This is not the first time British royals have been caught making undiplomatic remarks about the Chinese. Prince Charles branded Chinese diplomats "appalling old waxworks" in a private journal entry that had described the 1997 ceremony to hand Hong Kong back to Chinese rule.

Charles, who is friends with Tibet's exiled spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, did not attend a state banquet for Xi in October, but did hold private talks with the Chinese leader over tea.

At another palace reception Tuesday, cameras recorded Cameron talking about an anti-corruption summit in London, which he will chair.
"We've got some leaders of some fantastically corrupt countries coming to Britain," Cameron told the monarch. "Nigeria and Afghanistan — possibly the two most corrupt countries in the world."

Afghanistan's Ashraf Ghani and Nigeria's Muhammadu Buhari are due to attend the London summit and each has contributed an essay on his efforts to tackle graft.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-officials-very-rude/articleshow/52221952.cms

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
chinise are like tennagers but think like world power, lolol, tey scared to fight the philipes. and chinise tourist do their children shit in other country in road and mall. and wen america come to china sea, tey complain and cry. idiot country and stupid ccp.

amoy

chinise are like tennagers but think like world power, lolol, tey scared to fight the philipes. and chinise tourist do their children shit in other country in road and mall. and wen america come to china sea, tey complain and cry. idiot country and stupid ccp.
LoL an erstwhile lackey of Brits is lamenting the master's disgrace. How funny!

What shitty monarchy? It's said to cost their taxpayers 300 million pounds a year. They 'd better dump the parasites for the sake of their own wallets like Chinese did in 1911 to found the 1st republic of Asia.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
oy speek duh prowper inglish mahchod

What shitty monarchy? It's said to cost their taxpayers 300 million pounds a year. They 'd better dump the parasites for the sake of their own wallets like Chinese did in 1911 to found the 1st republic of Asia.

there was admirable or aesthetic about the ROC compared to monarchy save for under Jiang Jieshi and his son

amoy

Thatcher fell after stepping out of the nego. with Deng, in which Deng resolutely rejected her request to maintain governance over HK after 1997.

Charles and Chris Patten shed tears when witnessing their X flag was lowered and packed in the HK handover ceremony.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
As per BBC, Chinese have blocked this piece of reporting in the mainland.

I wonder why would they do that, afraid that their own people will know the truth.

amoy

As per BBC, Chinese have blocked this piece of reporting in the mainland.

I wonder why would they do that, afraid that their own people will know the truth.
What truth? Isnt diplomacy happening mostly behind the scenes?

Or is it the truth "Chinese officials being rude to the ambassador"? Then better let BBC spit out why and how!!

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned

chinise we kick the british out, kicked them in their balls. and what republic, chini is a dictator governed by a one party to rule mindless zombies like you. by the way, you forgot hongkong was under brit rule, and you take it as begging? wherver money is chinise is. shame. do u also forget ur japanse lords who raped ur women. lolol. have shame then comment.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What truth? Isnt diplomacy happening mostly behind the scenes?

Or is the the truth "Chinese officials being rude to the ambassador"? Then better let BBC spit out why and how!!

That's the point, now we don't know the other side of the story. Only British point of view seems to have come out, your side has just blocked it without debate.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
Haha u of slave mentality, low self_esteem ass, no wonder being ruled by Brits for hundreds of years.

Whats the reward for your jumping out to defend your old masters, 50 rupees hahaha?

lol 50 cent, forgot rape of nanjing. ur probably a japanese, go test ur dna.

amoy

That's the point, now we don't know the other side of the story. Only British point of view seems to have come out, your side has just blocked it without debate.
It's reported in Chinese media. But just repeatedly the visit was a success without explaining what went wrong behind ~ how would u expect (with due common sense) it to be explained on "rudenese to an diplomat" diplomatically?? Even the Buckingham Palace spokesman later said: "We do not comment on the Queen's private conversations. "

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Yes, of course, the first republic of Asia, who else can it be but China.

How about Bull shit.

Still spouting the usual ccp lies, amoy.

Ever heard of Mahajanapadas of India, 2500 years back??

There were even republics in West Asia before any such thing was heard of in china.

amoy

Yes, of course, the first republic of Asia, who else can it be but China.

How about Bull shit.

Still spouting the usual ccp lies, amoy.

Ever heard of Mahajanapadas of India, 2500 years back??

There were even republics in West Asia before any such thing was heard of in china.
No never heard of that M a a a a a a

Save the BS for yrself

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It's reported in Chinese media. But just repeatedly the visit was a success without explaining what went wrong behind ~ how would u expect (with due common sense) it to be explained on "rudenese to an diplomat" diplomatically?? Even the Buckingham Palace spokesman later said: "We do not comment on the Queen's private conversations. "

I would say give it back in the same coin, slander the same way British are playing you on this topic.

I'll tell u this, the BBC news report is no coincidence. Brits are upset about something, the question is what.

sorcerer

Country flag
"It was very rude and undiplomatic I thought," D'Orsi said.

China minister gives cash 'tips' to Indian pilots

Two Indian air force pilots who flew the visiting Chinese defence minister from Mumbai to Delhi were given 100,000 rupees ($1,788; £1,124) as "tips".

The pilots were given envelopes containing the money by General Liang Guanglie who returned to China on Thursday after a four-day India visit.

Surprised by the "unusual gift", the pilots informed their superiors.

Officials said the money would be deposited in the government gift chest along with other official gifts.

Reports said Gen Liang was "pleased" with the way the pilots handled the flight in the stormy monsoon weather. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The rookie diplomats of china... :rofl: .

Very undiplomatic Ofcourse!!!! Its COMMONSENSE to BEHAVE on International Missions.

DingDong

Country flag
When was the last time the British had got something good to say about other cultures? Rudeness is a relative term, British were worse than rude towards other cultures and nationalities when they were peak at their power.

These diplomatic niceties don't change the world, changing the world usually requires a loaded gun and a person willing to pull the trigger.

amoy

I would say give it back in the same coin, slander the same way British are playing you on this topic.

I'll tell u this, the BBC news report is no coincidence. Brits are upset about something, the question is what.
Maybe Chinese did have been "RUDE" but how would it be possible to admit openly and DIPLOMATICALLY? hmmm

On the surface both sides have to pretend to be courteous officially, insisting "extemely successful". Then Brit had to vent the displeasure by means of the "leak" to media.

Nothing new under the sun.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
When was the last time the British had got something good to say about other cultures? Rudeness is a relative term, British were worse than rude towards other cultures and nationalities when they were peak at their power.

These diplomatic niceties don't change the world, changing the world usually requires a loaded gun and a person willing to pull the trigger.
and UK have a bigger gun backed by their master usa.

Bahamut

No one cares about what that old woman says,she already has one foot in the grave .She is almost worship like a god for no achievement for what she did .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles