Brigadier Ray No More

sjaswal

Country flag
I have been following this forum from a long time and was always looking for his informative posts to read.

RIP SIR. OM SHANTI OM.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
What a sad news!! I really loved his balanced views. He was an asset to this forum. I'm surely gonna miss him. RIP Sir, you have served this nation well. Don't know what more can I say - no words to express this loss!

RIP Sirji!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Very Sad. He was a man of honour, a perfect Gentleman. Yusuf, kindly convey my condolences to his family and friends. He will always be remembered.

Rest in Peace Sir!
Will do that Colonel.

Good to see you here.

Ironduke

I deeply regret to hear of the passing of Brigadier SK Raychaudhuri. He was a member of the World Affairs Board for many years, and a true scholar and a gentleman. I did not get an opportunity to meet him in Kolkata while I sojourned in Bengaluru in 2011, but I will be eternally grateful to him for sponsoring my visa during a troubled time for me, so I could peacefully rest my head half a world a way.

I wish I had done more to keep in touch with him, and words cannot express the deep mourning I have for his passing. Ray lived a more fulfilling and purposeful life than many of us could ever hope to, with a long, exemplary career of service to his nation, a true patriot who served his nation for decades, in both the difficult years and the good. This comes as quite a shock to me, and I wish I hadn't lost the opportunity these past few years to speak to Ray at least one last time.

Wherever you may be Ray, I hope you can read this and I wish the best for your family in this difficult time.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I deeply regret to hear of the passing of Brigadier SK Raychaudhuri. He was a member of the World Affairs Board for many years, and a true scholar and a gentleman. I did not get an opportunity to meet him in Kolkata while I sojourned in Bengaluru in 2011, but I will be eternally grateful to him for sponsoring my visa during a troubled time for me, so I could peacefully rest my head half a world a way.

I wish I had done more to keep in touch with him, and words cannot express the deep mourning I have for his passing. Ray lived a more fulfilling and purposeful life than many of us could ever hope to, with a long, exemplary career of service to his nation, a true patriot who served his nation for decades, in both the difficult years and the good. This comes as quite a shock to me, and I wish I hadn't lost the opportunity these past few years to speak to Ray at least one last time.

Wherever you may be Ray, I hope you can read this and I wish the best for your family in this difficult time.
Hi Matt. Good to see you pay tribute to Ray

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

God looked around his garden
And He found an empty place.
He then looked down upon this earth,
And saw your tired face.

He put his arms around you
And lifted you to rest.
God’s garden must be beautiful
He always takes the best.

He knew that you were suffering
He knew you were in pain
He knew that you would never
Get well on earth again.

He saw that the road was getting rough.
And the hills are hard to climb,
So He closed your weary eyelids
And whispered "Peace be thine".

It broke our hearts to lose you
But you didn’t go alone
For part of us went with you
That day that God called you home

RIP
It's been an honour getting to know you Sir.
It is a poem that will remind me of Brig. Ray to forever. It is very moving and expresses our combined feeling towards our soldier who was a true Gentleman.

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
VERY Belated Condolence to a precious life and his near ones of Late RAY Sir...Though I know him only By his wisdom of words and Knowledge parted here..an Excellent Mentor with a great attiitude and a personality one can look upon for Guidance.
My salute...MAY His soul RIP.

vram

Country flag
Its been many months since I posted here as I was too swamped with work.
But I was always keeping up with the posts.
Ray sir was one of the most informative and enlightened contributors to this forum. He will be sorely missed.
Though I do not know him personally I am deeply saddened by his passing.
Om Shanti

mayfair

Devastated to hear this news.

RIP Ray sir, you'll be sorely missed. These fora will never be the same again without you.

However, I am certain that you are an asset up there, kicking al manners of erroneous butts when they step a toe out of the line. I will not be surprised to know that DFI- celestial version is up and running.

My condolences to his family.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I just learned about the bad news, and felt regretful.

Ray was a stubborn old man, my interactions with him since I came here were not quite pleasant, to be honest. But I never expected this to happen so soon.

ashes to ashes, dust to dust!

my deepest condolences to his beloved family!

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L07 上的 Tapatalk

mikhail

Country flag
I am feeling extremely sad that we won't be able to have any more conversation with a person as knowledgeable as Ray sir.He was an inspiration to us all and was like a father to most of us.Anyway, Rest in Peace Ray sir.Your absence in this forum will be sorely missed by people like me.

KPM

Deeply distressed to know Brig Raychaudhuri is no more......a lion hearted soul if ever there was one, and someone who led from the front all the time. Had the privilege of serving under his command, and boy, what an experience- articulate that he was, he had so much to impart to all of us in the team what with his rich repertoire of both professional and personal anecdotes. He felt intensely for this great Army and did not hesitate to call out transgressions and address them squarely when he saw them. Fiercely loyal to his subordinates, one could walk up to him when chips were down and be sure of getting a fair hearing.
Distance did come in the way of keeping in touch as frequently as one wished to, but cherish every moment that I got to serve with him. He lived life on his own terms and left behind memories ..........

Neo

It is hard to believe that Sir Ray is no more. He was the first man to welcome when I registered at WAB in 2004. We became friends and exchanged countless PM's and WM's. I admired his passion for Urdu language and poetry and his love for Pakistani food. I passed many recipes to him.

He followed me to new PDF in 2006 and got banmed in 2010. I alienated myself from the other co-admins Webby and Asim demanding to revoke his ban.

After that we met again in another forum, i believe he was the owner of that one and later here at DFI. Unfortunately the hostile environment here drifted us apart and we found ourselves in.different camps.for the.first time.

Sir, you'll always be in my good books and I will mis you. God bless you.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
With a very heavy heart and profound sadness I am informing our members that Brigadier Ray is no more.

He died on 30th of May at 2040 hours in Command Hospital in Kolkata. His last rites have just concluded. I just spoke to his wife and conveyed my condolences and on behalf of the forum.

Mrs Ray wanted me to inform all of you.

Brig Ray died of a heart condition due to which he couldn't breathe.

May his soul Rest In Peace.

He will be terribly missed
very sad,

for last few days noticed his absence on the forum,

and then this, very shocked,

liked his comments and replies every time,

there gonna be emptiness in the forum,

condolences,

RIP, sir.
Oh no ! a very sad news ! he'll be missed here always ! may his soul rest in peace !!

sorcerer

Country flag
Sad
:(
This is a huge loss.
condolences

Rest in peace, Sir.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles