Breaking: Gen. Qamar Javed Bajwa is the new COAS

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Honestly it's a few loud people that are shouting around about this. 99% of Pakistanis would'nt give a rat shit if he was Ahmedi or not.
And you could say this after having decimated entire minority populace put together? Anyway your constitution doesn't recognizes Ahemadias a Muslim. So by your logic 100% of Pakistan is 1% of its population?

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Honestly it's a few loud people that are shouting around about this. 99% of Pakistanis would'nt give a rat shit if he was Ahmedi or not.
Khan saab, you are not being honest or you are living in a bubble in the West. I've talked to a few Pakistanis and the disdain for Ahmedis is out there. You only have to look at the thread on PDF discussing this. I think you are part of the 1% liberals who doesn't care. I haven't met any Pakistani Ahmedi but Gurdaspur in Indian Punjab has a sizable population and I knew one from there. He used to really dislike Pakistani Sunnis because of their treatment of Ahmedis as well so I believe that the dislike is mutual. Anyway, leave it before DFI members get an idea about making an independent country for Ahmedis as well :p

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
"Real Islamic Republic of Pakistan" :laugh: That would be ultimate insult for people of Pakistan
They just dont give a phak to humiliation or insult................................

Coz they are humiliated and insulted by the evil hindoooooooooooooooooooooooos so many times.

Zulfiqar Khan

Khan saab, you are not being honest or you are living in a bubble in the West. I've talked to a few Pakistanis and the disdain for Ahmedis is out there. You only have to look at the thread on PDF discussing this. I think you are part of the 1% liberals who doesn't care. I haven't met any Pakistani Ahmedi but Gurdaspur in Indian Punjab has a sizable population and I knew one from there. He used to really dislike Pakistani Sunnis because of their treatment of Ahmedis as well so I believe that the dislike is mutual. Anyway, leave it before DFI members get an idea about making an independent country for Ahmedis as well :p
It was an obvious exaggeration; I don't deny Ahmadis are discriminated against - they've always been looked down upon. I'm just saying; even if he was an Ahmedi - most Pakistanis wouldn't really care that much, as long as he does his job and continues Raheel's legacy. It'll only be the hardliners that will bark and they'll eventually quiet down after a month or so.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
New Pak Army chief has close links with the JuD, reveals report

ANI17 December 2016
Brussels [Belgium], Dec.17 (ANI): Pakistan's 16th Chief of Army Staff, General Qamar Javed Bajwa, is said to be not only a very proud Muslim and a follower of the Sharia, but unknown to most, seems to have close links with the fundamentalist Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), which is led by 26/11 mastermind Hafeez Saeed.

According to a report published by Roznama Dunya, a venture of Dunya News, Pakistan's leading news and current affairs channel, the JuD appears to have endorsed Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's selection of General Bajwa as army chief, describing him as a "religious man" who while simple and humble in approach, possesses the grit of a soldier who can firmly convey Pakistan's message to its immediate neighbours (read India) as well as to the rest of the world.

Recently, Amir Hamza, one of the central leaders of the JuD, which India has held responsible for the November 2008 terror attacks in Mumbai that claimed over 160 lives and left more than 300 others injured through its militant wing, the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT), extolled the special qualities and virtues of General Qamar Bajwa, and said that it was to the Pakistan government and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's 's credit that they had selected a simple yet religious man to head the country's all-powerful army.

Globally, the JuD has been widely acknowledged as the front of the militant Lashkar-e-Toiba. On December 11, 2008 the United Nations Security Council imposed sanctions on the JuD, declaring it a global terrorist group. Hafiz Saeed had then declared that he would challenge the sanctions imposed on his group in all forums, as he has repeatedly maintained that his outfit is only involved in charitable works.

On June 25, 2014, the United States said that several LeT affiliates, including the Jamaat-ud-Dawa, Al-Anfal Trust, Tehrik-e-Hurmat-e-Rasool, and Tehrik-e-Tahafuz Qibla Awwal needed to be added to the list of foreign terrorist organisations.

Hamza said, "It is the mercy of Allah that such a noble and humble religious man has become the head of the army."

Hamza further suggests that while General Bajwa may not be the traditional and proverbial in your face Pakistani general insofar as issues with India are concerned, he possesses the ability to send across the right message at the right time.

To substantiate this claim of his, Hamza recalls General Bajwa's recent message to India - "That if the right to self-determination is given to Kashmiris, then there is 'Qamar', i.e. moon light, (and) if not given, then India won't rest in peace."

In the article published in the Roznama Dunya, Hamza, claims that he believes that General Bajwa is a follower of the "Hadith" (a collection of traditions containing sayings of Prophet Mohammad which act as a major source of guidance for Muslims apart from the Koran).

Hamza, in his article, recalls one of the prophet's sayings. The prophet has said should a person commit a sin and his mother is not alive for atonement and forgiveness, that person should go to his maternal aunt, behave well with her, and he will be forgiven by Allah. He (Hamza) says a "pious' General Bajwa did the same thing when he was announced as Pakistan's next army chief. He went first to his mother's grave, raised his hands, prayed and cried, and thereafter, paid a visit to his childless maternal aunt - Safiya Begum - and made her feel that he was her child in the absence of his mother.

"Thus, the General salutes his important relatives after becoming Army Chief," says Hamza in his article.

Emphasizing that General Bajwa is a man who follows protocol, but knows when to keep it aside, Hamza recalls that when the former was formally declared Chief of Army Staff, superseding several of his seniors, he was particular about not making them feel awkward, and categorically told two of them, Lt. Gen. Asfaq Nadeem and Lt. Gen. Javed Iqbal Ramday, that they need not follow protocol and resign, but should continue as Corp Commanders and complete their respective tenures.

Both commanders were told by General Bajwa that life is short and protocol should not be allowed to come in between them. (ANI)
:spy: Looks like a smart veiled attempt to counter doubts over Pakistani Army Chief's Qadiyani background by giving him certificate of being Sunni throgh Jamat ud Dawah i.e. Lashkar-e-Toiba (which is actually Pakistan Army's arm).

At first the report looks like usual Pakistani army links to terrorists etc. But it could also be targeted at domestic audience and especially the radicalized lower ranks of Pakistani army, reassuring them that he is Sunni Jihadi and 'one of them', and not a crypto-Qadiani.

Isn't Dunya news close to ISI ?
And what does it mean by he is follower of hadiths? are they saying he is member of Ahl i hadith? :spy:

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
It is imperative for army in Pakistan to choose most fuddu general as chief.
So that he is completely subdued by officers elitist top layer.

General Be-vajah is a stooge of army establishment whatever sect he belongs he will have to wig his tail in front of jehadis.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
It is imperative for army in Pakistan to choose most fuddu general as chief.
So that he is completely subdued by officers elitist top layer.

General Be-vajah is a stooge of army establishment whatever sect he belongs he will have to wig his tail in front of jehadis.
He is already being called a "dove" compared to Raheel by Pakistanis

IndianHawk

Country flag
He is already being called a "dove" compared to Raheel by Pakistanis
They will do a PR round soon.
The great general will kill hapless tribals valiantly and will emerge as the Savior of Pakistan .

:blah:

What did raheel achieved a strike on his ass that he couldn't openly admit :scared2:

New chiefs image will also be managed slowly meanwhile jehadis continue to behead mard e momins of paki army.

Time stands still in porkiland:crazy:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles