Brain Drain in China

Discussion in 'China' started by ant80, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ant80

ant80 Regular Member

NYTimes Article.

Wary of Future, Professionals Leave China in Record Numbers
    Not everything is awesome in China.

3. Yijiuliuer

Yijiuliuer Tihar Jail Banned

China has seen much worse. During the late 80s and early 90s, they shut down many factories and laid off many experienced engineers, researchers and scientists.
    We have had a saying that "paddlers selling marinated tea eggs earns more than rocket scientists", which they did earn more.

It got worsened up to such a large scale that the whole second sector was put in danger, luckily President Jiang was wise enough to rebuild our R&D and infrastructure, as well was keeping more graduates from higher ed to work for national defence industry.

You may be awed if you know how many college kids graduated each year with a STEM related degree in China.

It is a good thing for some of them go abroad, science has no boundaries and you can never drain up 1.3 billion brains. I don't think Indian brains will be drained either., even if it is easier for Indians to work abroad in sensitive sectors since no one yet consider India a major adversary. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. satish007

satish007 Senior Member Senior Member

one of Communist goal is , Country should disappear. my Company even hiring India smart IT guy now.
    welcome to China, unlike US, nobody will care about your Visa expire or not, you just need to come and make your money.