BrahMos missile successfully fired in salvo mode

Lions Of Punjab

Country flag
I needed info on Russian "Steyk" or "Steak" missile crisis during India Pakistan war of 1971 . I read somewhere that it was very effective & created havoc for paki's .
Please forgive me if i have asked this in a wrong thread . I couldn't find a right thread for this .

arkem8

Country flag

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
need something like to be fired in salvo that can take out top ships of the Carrier battle group.

Last edited by a moderator:

Immanuel

Country flag
Actually with careful snooping, real-time intel, tactics and contingencies, tis possible for the IN to sink the entire principal fleet of Pak in a matter of 48 hrs. The killing wouldn't take more more than few minutes each time.

Smartest thing we can do now is to order more ATV, I would say atleast a fleet of 20-30 of these home made subs should be the norm, i think instead of wasting money on the rafale, a mass order of the atv in both nuke and AIP variants while deploying the Sagarika, Brahmos, nirbhay on them would turn every navy's worst enemy

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Actually with careful snooping, real-time intel, tactics and contingencies, tis possible for the IN to sink the entire principal fleet of Pak in a matter of 48 hrs. The killing wouldn't take more more than few minutes each time.
for Pakistan 24 hours is enough, you can give few more to them, but like last time PN officers will again go on leave at the time of war.

Smartest thing we can do now is to order more ATV, I would say atleast a fleet of 20-30 of these home made subs should be the norm, i think instead of wasting money on the rafale, a mass order of the atv in both nuke and AIP variants while deploying the Sagarika, Brahmos, nirbhay on them would turn every navy's worst enemy
I think all are important, we must rule land sea and air. One is not substitute for other, we have to have all of them. Once economic growth happen then our capabilities will also grows.

p2prada

yeah enemy suddenly have 8 missiles at the same time attacking their carrier battle group ships.

Taking care of one Brahmos will be difficult, just think 8 brahmos will be attacking them, before they can even think what to do, they are going down in water.
He gave example of 8 only because a frigate has 8 missiles. On destroyers it is 16. In an offensive battlegroup there are at least 40 such missiles. And this is not counting the day when we make Brahmos-M and put them on carrier based aircraft like Mig-29K and N-MRCA.

Of course, if they make a Brahmos video like LRASM, it will look much more impressive. With streaks of light and the screen shaking.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Think about the chinese not pakistanis, as pakistan is a no match anymore. We are still hanging around pakistan to boast? It is a shame to compare pakistan with India. We have to calculate for both pakistan and china now. Higher the ambition, greater the work and hence intense attack...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Think about the chinese not pakistanis, as pakistan is a no match anymore. We are still hanging around pakistan to boast? It is a shame to compare pakistan with India. We have to calculate for both pakistan and china now. Higher the ambition, greater the work and hence intense attack...
Problem with China is that their navy is too far. They will send few ships which we can take care. We just cant send our carrier battle group in their area that is why it was said that next submarine tender will have vertical launch brahoms so that sub can be send close to their CBG.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Problem with China is that their navy is too far. They will send few ships which we can take care. We just cant send our carrier battle group in their area that is why it was said that next submarine tender will have vertical launch brahoms so that sub can be send close to their CBG.
Is there any mine zone so that we can stop them from entering our waters or will the mines be laid when a war arises.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I would also like to know how many batteries of BrahMos along the very long chinese border?

An approximate count is also better than a very low count.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I would also like to know how many batteries of BrahMos along the very long chinese border?

An approximate count is also better than a very low count.
we might have only 200-300 brahmos missiles only, they are very costly therefore we are working on nirbhay missile to be launched in thousands against the enemy.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
we might have only 200-300 brahmos missiles only, they are very costly therefore we are working on nirbhay missile to be launched in thousands against the enemy.
200-300 missiles is quiet a punch but not so effective. Say, we can hold the enemy for a week or two with them?

As the border is of 4,000+ kms.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
200-300 missiles is quiet a punch but not so effective. Say, we can hold the enemy for a week or two with them?

As the border is of 4,000+ kms.
Brahmos chief want us to fire thousands of missile in first week itself. But this missile is and must be used for high value targets. As it can put fear in them with no defence against Brahmos.

Sea Eagle

But is BrahMos as good as Klub.. There should be a reason why Russians are not buying it.. Instead they are arming their surface fleet with Klubs and even subsonic Kh-35

Global Defence

New threads

Articles