BrahMos Cruise Missile

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
New BrahMos Cruise Missile: Range 500kms

India Modifies Brahmos Missile With New Nav System

India has uprated its BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles by installing the advanced satellite navigation systems from Russia's Kh-55 and Kh-101 strategic long-range cruise missiles, adding GPS-GLONASS technology to the existing doppler-inertial platform, Izvestia reported on Tuesday quoting sources in the military-industrial complex.

The integration of the navigation systems from Kh-555 will turn BrahMos, a supersonic cruise missile, into a "super-rocket" with almost a sub-strategic capability above its normal tactical range, capable of hitting targets over 180-300 miles (300-500 km), from sea, land and air launchers, and capable of being armed with a nuclear warhead, the source said.

The installation of the advanced navigation system is optimised for the new air-launched version of BrahMos, which will be carried by India's Russian-built Sukhoi Su-30MKI strike fighters. India plans to deploy over 200 of the advanced aircraft by 2020

From : India Modifies Brahmos Missile With New Nav System | Defense | RIA Novosti

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ Kunal sir,

Don't you think we need a new thread to discuss the hybrid kh-55 & brahmos missile ?

Interesting development.

Patriot

Country flag
So New Missiles land attack capability is now 500kms..

:brahmos:
Isn't the range of Bahmos is limited to 290KM? Russians seems tobe violating the MTCR!

Though I am very happy with the development. 500KM hit with soopersonic speed :thumb:

Patriot

Country flag
So New Missiles land attack capability is now 500kms..

:brahmos:
Isn't the range of Bahmos is limited to 290KM? Russians seems tobe violating the MTCR!

Though I am very happy with the development. 500KM hit with soopersonic speed :thumb:

Defcon 1

Country flag
I do not understand this. How could Russia have just given us the navigational systems? It would be in direct violation of the MTCR. Maybe India will get these systems illegally and badge the result as a new missile rather than Brahmos. Although I should also point out that Russian sources are normally hoax. I once read one Russian article recently claiming that China wants to buy Su35 from Russia. Then they retracted saying that Russia is not interested in the deal because the numbers ordered by China were very less.

Defcon 1

Country flag
I do not understand this. How could Russia have just given us the navigational systems? It would be in direct violation of the MTCR. Maybe India will get these systems illegally and badge the result as a new missile rather than Brahmos. Although I should also point out that Russian sources are normally hoax. I once read one Russian article recently claiming that China wants to buy Su35 from Russia. Then they retracted saying that Russia is not interested in the deal because the numbers ordered by China were very less.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
New Brahmos Missile range 500kms..

Making dedicated thread..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
These are two different things..

1. Selling a full fledge system ranges beyond MTCR

2. Selling a sub system which enable a system to achieve such range..

Isn't the range of Bahmos is limited to 290KM? Russians seems tobe violating the MTCR!, Though I am very happy with the development. 500KM hit with soopersonic speed :thumb:
I do not understand this. How could Russia have just given us the navigational systems? It would be in direct violation of the MTCR. Maybe India will get these systems illegally and badge the result as a new missile rather than Brahmos.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
re: New Brahmos Missile range 500kms

Kunal i think 500Km will be for newer blocks of Brahmos-1 starting from the Air-Launched variant.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

As per Article it will be use on Air variant first but it also said the Missile will able to hit from land, Sea and Air..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

I think their is implied consent between the action of US and Russia, both will overlook each others action with respect to MTCR.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles