BrahMos Cruise Missile

Immanuel

Country flag
It is true, 800-900km Brahmos will be there by 3rd quater this year or Q1 2019. New lighter alloys, new solid fuel propellent being developed by HEMRL (I suspect based on ICL-20) will also ensure greater destruction since unspent fuel is 'explosive as well' while delivering a massive boost in range. All existing Brahmos missiles in inventory will gradually undergo software upgrades and removal of locks thus enhancing range of all missiles in inventory to over 450km by 2020 and all new Brahmos being delivered after last year's extended range test are of 450km range.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
If so, this is fantastic news.

It has been playing on my mind for a long time that we have certain weakness on China focused eastern border.a 800 km capable Brahmos, certainly gives some comfort.

Ofcourse that would depend on how many Brahmos regiments are posted there.
The current Brahmos (450 km) are enough to take out PLA mech formations in Hotan (that are aimed at Ladakh) from a stand off distance. On the Eastern Front, Qamdo can be targeted from stand-off ranges. :notbad:

800 km range puts Chengdu within striking distance, albeit with some danger. :santa:

Rajput Class destroyers........but they carry only 4 brahmos missiles.
The last two Rajput class destroyers were fitted with 8Xcell VLS of Brahmos over and above their existing 4XP15 termit launchers in the aft.

INS Ranvir launching Brahmos (2010)

cyclops

Country flag
The critical part is indigenisation of Brahmos and increasing share of private manufacturers in its making in order to bring down its cost. We need more Brahmos. Currently, only one regiment is deployed per Artillery Division (for three plains strike corps and one mountain strike corps). That means a total of 4 Brahmos regiments, each with 2 Mobile Control Centers and each mobile control center coordinating 6 launchers. We need it to be a lot more. IMHO, we need 2 regiments per Artillery Division. That way, one regiment can stay with command, and one can be attached to the Strike Corps. All in all, we plan to have 5 total Artillery Divisions. So we should aim for 10 Brahmos regiments. And if required, we might further provide Brahmos regiments to Artillery brigades attached to Pivot Corps as well.
The booster is more or less on the precipice, I think the x-band sar seeker will be made by Data Patterns Chennai, so all that is left is the tricky liquid ramjet engine.

scatterStorm

Country flag
The booster is more or less on the precipice, I think the x-band sar seeker will be made by Data Patterns Chennai, so all that is left is the tricky liquid ramjet engine.
An X-band SAR seeker, that's dope tech. Imagine Brahmos hovering to its course in a dense cloud formation with thunderstorm! It will all weather capable, although it still is, but cloud cover and heavy rainfall can provide some form of obstruction to it's course.

:hmm: But a SAR onboard will allow it to see targets which are hidden, like well camouflaged bunkers at LOC and the not so secretive Nuclear Warhead storage facility in pak. I must say they tried real hard to hide it, but it will pulverised to smithereens by a salvo of Brahmos. :daru:

Man they will get :brahmos: for there meal.:lehappy:

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Please somebody tell me, it had our very own X Band SAR seeker :hail:
What you expect, imaging seeker if for BrahMos NG so this basically is the SAR seeker or an indigenous variant of what it had till the last test.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

scatterStorm

Country flag
What you expect, imaging seeker if for BrahMos NG so this basically is the SAR seeker or an indigenous variant of what it had till the last test.

The test was to performed with a new indigenous seeker on-board... right?

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
An X-band SAR seeker, that's dope tech. Imagine Brahmos hovering to its course in a dense cloud formation with thunderstorm! It will all weather capable, although it still is, but cloud cover and heavy rainfall can provide some form of obstruction to it's course.

:hmm: But a SAR onboard will allow it to see targets which are hidden, like well camouflaged bunkers at LOC and the not so secretive Nuclear Warhead storage facility in pak. I must say they tried real hard to hide it, but it will pulverised to smithereens by a salvo of Brahmos. :daru:

Man they will get :brahmos: for there meal.:lehappy:
Brahmos is not a surveillance drone. it is radar guided for most of the path and uses seeker in the terminal phase only

EXPERT

I have never read or heard that the missile test was undertaken in actual battle circumstances. That means, a missile beating and avoiding the deployed countermeasures and then hitting the target. Then we call it hundred percent successful.
Just hitting a junk ship floating in the sea or hitting a targeted drone isn't a true success. Wish to see a missile test penetrating air-defense's, jammers, and countermeasures and then hitting the target.

Tanmay

Country flag
How many Brahmos squadrons has IAF inducted?
The Army has 4 Regiments. 3 deployed on Pakistani side and 1 on Chinese side.
Wiki doesnt mention IAF having any land based Brahmos TEL squadrons . But it has been in news sometimes??

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
I have never read or heard that the missile test was undertaken in actual battle circumstances. That means, a missile beating and avoiding the deployed countermeasures and then hitting the target. Then we call it hundred percent successful.
Just hitting a junk ship floating in the sea or hitting a targeted drone isn't a true success. Wish to see a missile test penetrating air-defense's, jammers, and countermeasures and then hitting the target.
There is no missile that can avoid all counter measure. Brahmos has hit a moving ship, not a static ship floating in the sea. Brahmos can not hit a flying object like a drone. Brahmos is not a SAM.

Hitting in the middle of jammers and counter measures is not a simple task and no missile can be 100% in it.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Brahmos is not a surveillance drone. it is radar guided for most of the path and uses seeker in the terminal phase only
GPS, and INS for mid course , for last 50 to 100seconds, it's seeker plays in work.

Reactions: Kay

sonam_m1

Dil Dil Hindustan
Damn our progress in missile department is just astonishing if and only if we could replicate this in other fields we would fudge up porki pigs
The real comparison is China not the porks.
...............30 chars.................

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
GPS, and INS for mid course , for last 50 to 100seconds, it's seeker plays in work.

How will GPS help in hitting a moving target? Say, Brahmos flies for 300sec and for first 200sec is using GPS. The ship is moving at 50kmph and in 200sec will move 3km. So, by the time seeker/radar swicthes on, the ship would already be 3 km away from its original location and hence the Brahmos may end up missing target

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles