Boy allegedly ‘killed’ by cops in Tappal and mourned by Rahul Gandhi is back home

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ajtr, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

Boy allegedly ‘killed’ by cops in Tappal and mourned by Rahul Gandhi is back home

Lucknow A minor boy who was alleged to have been killed in police action in Aligarh in 2010, triggering an outpouring of sympathy for the family from politicians including Rahul Gandhi, has showed up at his home.:rofl:
    The boy’s father, a poor daily-wage labourer who was given government compensation on the condition that he would return it if his son was found alive, has spent the money to marry off his two daughters.

Three farmers and a PAC man were killed on August 14, 2010, after an agitation against land acquisition for a township along the Yamuna Expressway turned violent in Tappal in Aligarh district. Villagers and the family claimed that Rafiq, who was then a student of Class 8, also died in the violence. Some people claimed to have seen Rafiq being carried away in a police vehicle.

The police denied all charges. Neither the body nor any evidence of death was ever found. The police recorded Rafiq’s disappearance as kidnapping and, after failing to crack the case, last week closed the investigation.

Following the Tappal incident, Rashtriya Lok Manch chief Amar Singh visited Rafiq’s family and gifted them Rs 1 lakh. Rahul Gandhi met Rafiq’s father Mohammad Safi when he went to Aligarh on a padyatra. Following pressure from the family and local people, the district administration gave Safi Rs 10 lakh as compensation.

On Wednesday evening, Rafiq, 14, showed up at his home in Kansera village. He told the police that he had left home and gone to Mumbai after his father scolded him.

The father, Safi, said, “I spent the compensation money on the weddings of my daughters Rubia and Shabnam in February. I can’t raise the money now. Maybe I can pay back in instalments. But no one has asked me so far.”

Aligarh DM Alok Kumar said an inquiry would look into all aspects including whether the family knew Rafiq was alive. “Action will be taken if the family is found guilty.”

Safi’s nephew Jameel said Rafiq had told them that he worked at the home of a dairyowner called Omkar Tyagi in Mumbai. Three days ago, he had decided to return home and taken a train to Aligarh.

3. Apollyon

Apollyon Führer Senior Member

Re: Boy allegedly ‘killed’ by cops in Tappal and mourned by Rahul Gandhi is back

:rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  4. Patriot

Patriot Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Boy allegedly ‘killed’ by cops in Tappal and mourned by Rahul Gandhi is back

Rahul BABA is the new Sai Baba, :taunt: if he cries the dead will come alive. Bole to Rahul baba ka Chamatkar. Incarnation of new GOD.:rotfl:

parijataka, Mad Indian and aragorn like this.
  5. H.A.

H.A. Senior Member Senior Member

Of course he would come....after all the elections results have been announced.....

6. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Hey atleast be happy that the thugs of India did not kill him

7. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

the moment i read that rahul baba had mourned for the boy i immediately knew without reading further that he belonged to a certain minority :rofl:

parijataka and Mad Indian like this.
  8. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

What a lucky family :rofl: