Boston bombings: Police in shoot out with gunmen outside Boston

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@asianobserve, do they still look like South Asians? It is true though, that there are people like that who are South Asians, but not the majority. Won't you agree?

I think they do look like South Asians (at least the fair-skinned one), in particular the one with sun glasses (he looks like a Bollywood actor). But the picture is not high definition and is grainy, for all I know they could be half caucasian and half South Asian or M-Eastern, or full M-Eastern or full South Asians. One thing is clear though they don't look 100% caucasian to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

tramp

I don't think any channel is mentioning anything about the ethnicity of the suspect on loose. Not even about the one already dead.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
It's all very confusing. First they say they captured a suspect and one is at large. Now they say one suspect dead and one at large. :confused:

08.40 (03.40) Local media, cited by Agence France-Presse claims that police have captured one of the Boston marathon bombing suspects and are chasing a second.
To recap, one police officer was shot dead and a second was wounded in the dramatic nighttime shootout.
09.20 (04.20) Press conference going on now from police. They are calling on people not to leave their homes and if they see something suspicious, they should call 911 immediately. They are actively pursuing a suspect.
He says they are looking for a suspect "consistent with the description" of the suspect in the white capped suspect in the Boston marathon.
He says he is a "white-skinned or caucasian male with curly hair."
He should be considered "armed and dangerous"
09.22 (04.22) Ed Davis, the Boston police commissioner, has tweeted that one suspect is dead and one is at large.
09.23 (04.23) Ed Davis, now at the press conference says that the suspect should be treated as a terrorist, and he has come here to kill people.
09.42 (04.42) CNN says that the individual who was forced to strip naked has been released.
09.24 (04.23) There is a manhunt under way right now to find suspect #2 in the Boston marathon bombings.
:confused:

sorcerer

Country flag
Dead means they are not gonna talk about him again.
May be they are taking precautions against the agitated public.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Does anyone know how Sunil Tripathi is linked to this, if at all he's linked ?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Does anyone know how Sunil Tripathi is linked to this, if at all he's linked ?
According to Boston Police Scanner:

UPDATE: 6:00 AM EST

Despite reports from the police scanner that confirmed Tripathi was, in fact, the person who they believed to be the second suspect, NBC News reported that the missing Brown University student is NOT a suspect.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This suspect on the right is now allegedly dead:

Last edited:

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
so far it is all speculation from internet community, and some websites reporting gossip from online forums and twitter, nothing official.
yesterday internet community claimed to have identified two suspects from pictures available online, whereas the pictures of suspects released today by police were different.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I think, at this point everybody's just guessing, but two news agencies are now saying the suspects might be Chechens:

11.42 (06.42) The two suspects may be foreign nationals, according to NBC's Pete Williams.
They were legal permanent residents... They were in this country legally, at least a year. They appear to be from Turkey, possibly Chechens from Turkey. That seems to be the nationality here.
We're told they were not students, in their early twenties. One 20, one 21. We don't have their names yet.
The Associated Press has also said the suspects are from Russian region near Chechnya, and had lived in the US at least one year.
:confused:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Okay Now... :

11.51 The surviving suspect as Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19 of Cambridge, according to Associated Press.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I guess I was wrong about my impression of the ethnicities of the suspects. They now appear to be Chechens according to news reports...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles