Bonding with Bangladesh

Discussion in 'Foreign Relations' started by Ray, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

An initiative to bond initiated beyond the Govt.

If indeed these two newspapers can narrow the divide, it will be doing a service of importance.

While great strides have been made by the Govt to build bridges with the Pakistani population, it is time to also look East.

3. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

The only problem is Bangladeshis are Janus faced I find the Pakistanis are more straightforward with their intent

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

What is Janus faced?

[​IMG]

You mean they smile at you and then backstab you?

And Pakistanis are straightforward?

You got it upside down buddy! It was Pakistan who attacked Kargil after ABV's Lahore trip. Nothing like that has happened with Bangladesh.

Ray likes this.
  5. Ray

You have been to Bangladesh?

Can you share some of your experiences?

My experience indicates that there are Bangaldeshis who are not anti Indian and there are Bangladeshis who are fundamentalists, mostly the Razakars or the Biharis left behind by Pakistan when the evacuated after their defeat.

The influence of Saudi money and their clerics have also had an effect.

Is that what you mean by saying they are Janus?

6. Iamanidiot

Yes I have seen the worker category bunch and Iam not impressed with them or their virilty or the threat they posess to the Indian republic.They are enough of a nuisance that they are altering the demographics in North-East.

Brigadier the middle class Bangladeshis are hiding their actual intent and harbour some ghazni ambitions

Brigadier do not let sentimental feelings of past camderie endanger the future generations of our country

parijataka and amitkriit like this.
  7. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Personally, I have had limited interaction with Bangladeshis, that too online. And what I saw disgusted me.

Leaving aside the online flaming, what I did observe was that even the "moderate" middle class Bangladeshis harbour dreams of separating N-E from India, to "ensure their eternal security", as many of their posters put it.

8. Ray

First of all, I have no sentimental attachment with Bangaldeshis in the way you are inferring.

Should I have it, having lost my hearth, home, history and heritage because of them?

Yet, I am a pragmatic Indian and I understand the effects of hostility a little better than you. Not for any other reasons, just that I carry some scars, mental and physical from wars we have fought because of a hostility between nations. I don't rue the fact that I went into war, but I sure hope that in future, we can create an environment with neighbours wherein we need not go to war, lose fine men and women and economically set the nation back in time.

That Bangaldeshi are Muslims is a fact. That they shall be devout to their religion is a fact. What is also a fact, that if we bond favourably, then they will not bring in the religiosity in every affair of their equation with India. And to be frank, the Bangladeshis, well most, are not fanatical as the rest of the Muslims in other countries.

Visit Bangladesh and observe.

At the same time, I will not be PC and say that there are no anti Indian sentiment or there are no radical fundamentalist horrors in Bangladesh. There are!

9. Ray

The influx of Bangaldeshi in the NE is indeed a phenomenon that is alarming.

But why blame Bangaldesh?

It was a political necessity of certain elements in India itself to allow them in for their own and their party's narrow gains.

This has not only happened in the NE, but also in Bengal!

Indian politics is to be blamed.

Check the cause of the Nellie massacre.

10. Ray

The Nellie massacre took place in Assam during a six-hour period in the morning of 18 February 1983. The massacre claimed the lives of 2,191 people (unofficial figures run at more than 5,000) from 14 villages—Alisingha, Khulapathar, Basundhari, Bugduba Beel, Bugduba Habi, Borjola, Butuni, Indurmari, Mati Parbat, Muladhari, Mati Parbat no. 8, Silbheta, Borburi and Nellie—of Nagaon district. Most of the victims were Bengali-speaking Muslims who had immigrated to the region illegally. A group of media personnel passing by the region were witness to the massacre.

The massacre was one of many violent incidents during the infamous 1983 elections conducted in the midst of the Assam Agitation. The elections were declared against the wishes of the Assam Agitation leaders who did not want an election till the electoral rolls were cleansed of alleged illegal immigrants who were collaborating with the Pakistani Army in 1971. These illegal immigrants allegedly supported the Pakistani Army and their supporters in Bangladesh to hunt down Mukti Bahini guerilla fighters, and never returned to Bangladesh because of fear of backlash from Mukti Bahini after the independence of Bangladesh.

These illegal immigrants are the most dangerous of the lot - they are the Biharis who are pro Pakistanis.

pmaitra likes this.
  11. Iamanidiot

I find their very numbers a threat and I will see them as a threat the problem with the Nellie massacre is not enough of them died in the NE to reverse the demographic change.

Khaleda Zia or the Jamaat shit gives me an impression contrary to what you said.I want Bangladeshis dead as much as I want the Pakistanis dead but I would rather do it covertly without any overt hostility

12. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Just pray to Varuna Bhagwan to complete the task ASAP :p

13. Ray

Indeed, the illegal immigration is dangerous.

More than asking the Bangaldeshi Govt to explain, please ask the Indian Govt, first.

You may want them dead and kudos for that!

How about doing something about it by going into Pakistan and Bangladesh and doing something rather on the cyberspace?

14. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

What he meant was Pakistanis make no secret of their hatred towards India and actually I like that rather than the Bangi bitch behind my back attitude or the Chini make the other bitch about me attitude.

15. Ray

The issue is simple.

The Govt does not want to solve the issue nor stop the illegal influx!

parijataka and Galaxy like this.
  16. Iamanidiot

Why going to Bangladesh and Pakistan use Divide et impera let them cull each other equally applicable to both.Brigadier you are naive war does not need an army always

17. Ray

Please go an do it since you want Pakistanis and Bangladeshis dead.

I don't think the rest of India share your views.

Yes, I am naive.

You can always have a war without military action.

You should lead that way!

Be the One Man Army, oops, the One Man Non Army War Machine!

Be a Mossad man!

ejazr likes this.
  18. Iamanidiot

Au contraire most want them dead and we do not want overt hostility with them

19. Tianshan

Tianshan Regular Member

how about us?

how do we make the other bitch about you? and who is the other.

20. Ray

I never knew that there are so many Alices living in their Wonderland.

I would say that if there are so many who want Pakistanis and Bangladeshis dead, then they are totally impotent since they have not been able to translate their dreams!

I don't take the views of Impotent people as they voice of India!

I know one thing for sure and that is that the Indian Govt of all political hues do not share that view nor the agencies that are to translate the Indian political will!

Ipso facto, I find the idea immensely immature and ideal to imagine after imbibing and obtaining assistance from hallucinatory agents.

21. Ray

Let me not stand in your way to undertake a Holy Genocide.

However, I don't know which religious diktat you shall take cover of for you unholy mission!