Suspicious bag found outside Base hospital
in Delhi cantonment. Area has been
cornered off, bomb squad and fire tenders
have reached the spot.

Times Now

johnnyboy

Army's bomb disposal squad destroys 'suspicious' bag in Delhi | NDTV.com

Army's bomb disposal squad destroys 'suspicious' bag in Delhi

New Delhi: The Army's bomb disposal squad has destroyed an unclaimed bag that triggered an alert this evening at the military Base Hospital in Naraina, Delhi. There is no confirmation yet on the contents of the bag.

The national capital has been on high alert since last week's terror attack in Hyderabad in which 16 people were killed and more than 100 injured after two bombs exploded near-simultaneously in a crowded market.

The Army's 202 bomb disposal squad used a sophisticated tool called the real-time scanner to check what was in the bag, before disposing it. Sniffer dogs were called in too. Analysts from the National Security Guard or NSG are now on their way to the site to investigate.

The area near the hospital in the Delhi cantonment, a high security zone, has been cordoned off by the police.

There were also reports that another unclaimed bag had been found on a parked motorcycle in the M Block market in Greater Kailash part 1 in south Delhi, but that alert has been dropped now after the owner of the bike said the bag was his and allowed the police to check the contents.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The cynical person in me says that this was staged to show the govt is on its feet in fighting terror. Well this case may be genuine but then can't trust anyone.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
The bag found today in Delhi Cantonment did not contain explosives. It simply had some wires.

It was a FALSE Alarm.

Times of India

Bheeshma

I agree with yusuf. Staged operation by govt. Lets see.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I was in south campus which is right there only.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles