Bollywood songs, dances banned in Lahore theatres

Rage

DFI TEAM
/\/\/\ I re-iterate my point considering your view as very correct, nothing to do with Pakistan or anything Pakistani, until terrorism cedes from Pakistan, until we get back PoK and Aksai Chin.

Also, I guess pride should take a backseat, when our own get killed in our own Country by terrorists from Pakistan. Thanks, but no thanks.
Oracle, tell that to the millions that make their living from the $3 - $4 billion trade with Pakistan, through Dubai. Tell that to the Indian channels that rake in the TRP's and the huge moolah from showing in Pakistan. Tell that to the hundreds of odd porters that ferry goods in and out from Pakistan and into India at the border. Tell that to the hundreds of Indian businesses, that make money from joint ventures with Pakistan and repatriate that money to their families in India. And tell that to the bridge layers, the infrastructure builders and the building companies that import their cement from Pakistan, because of the economic boom in India. Are you going to give them jobs? Business is business, do you think withholding that business is going to stop terrorism? That may be, but only if we are strong enough to embargo them. In the meantime, millions of our people make their living thru that trade and that business. And the purpose of that business is to exploit. It is to exploit their resources, to exploit their talent and exploit their markets. We make far more in revenue from them, than they do from us. You know that is true, when you have a very dis-proportionate trade balance.

Blackwater

It is not Indian song ,but pakistani mujra which is vulgar. Inorder to attract customer they wear erotic dresies, show their bodies and than blame Indian song woww. ok ban them they will come on roads. Iam sure no body will watch pakistani mujra without Indian songss

Blackwater

/\/\/\ I meant, why bring Pakistani artists to India, give them name, fame, money while they keep killing our citizens? We can listen to Pakistani music on the internet, right?
We have long term strategy. If we ban pak artist then they will perform in pak and then eventually there industry will grow which we dont want. We want pak citizen to be slave or addicted to Indian film and music. We don't want their industry to grow. BTW we earn more money with pak artist so called talent..

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
so much agree with rage. pakistan and surrounding countries as they turn to extremism and are squeezed out of whatever intellectual capital these countries possess, india should look to step in and benefit the most, not that we have any dearth of it but there never remains a harm in capitalizing on a given opportunity.

a good artist irrespective of where he comes from adds to the growth of an industry, which means each year there is additional market created, the resultant of which is added competition and compounded growth. bollywood which today is worth a couple of billion of dollars could very soon be worth many 10s of billions of dollars thanks to more, and better performing artists. if we turn our backs to them either they will grow their own industry or will more to some other destination and create that as a competition market to india, where as we should look to creating total monopoly as is the case today and grow so strong that no one stand to compete with us in times to come.

and all such things should not remain limited to just the entertainment industry, and this i have said earlier as well, india needs some very good teachers as we stand to reform our education system, get the creme from these places, create india as a hub for regional education system where college going students from these countries come over, get their education and take employment, same with business opportunities, r&d, and much much more. create india a hub for fast paced economic growth and for that we require as much and quality human resources.

india needs to get selfish, india needs to think bigger, india needs to think competition and squeeze these surrounding countries as much as possible and that we can do only by taking over their best for which we need to open up as much as possible and leave them with just a mediocre workforce which can get completely disoriented and directionless in times of crisis!

so next time someone looks to go to the west from the region would have india also as an option which is closer to home, closer to their own culture and people back home would want their own to come to india than go overseas and to far away places and this will only stand to benefit india.

dream big and do bigger!

the best thing in all this is as pakistan looks inwards, thinks limited they stand to destroy themselves. first they killed their film industry which was reasonable back in the 50s and 60s now whatever little is left of the entertainment industry they will completely kill that as well. pakistanis never learnt their lessons ever no matter how many times they repeated their blunders over and over again!

yusuf

do you really like atif aslam? he is a nasal singer man, just slightly betters himesh!

infact in one of these videos bushra rightly points out to him directly, he is a bad singer but still he goes on to get the accolades and he agrees!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
yusuf

do you really like atif aslam? he is a nasal singer man, just slightly betters himesh!

infact in one of these videos bushra rightly points out to him directly, he is a bad singer but still he goes on to get the accolades and he agrees!
Nasal or not, I like him. Some of the songs he has sung are very good. One thing is I rate him over Himesh. The singer to dominate 90s was also nasal and he was much loved, Kumar Sanu.

Agree with you and rage though. Artist is an artist and talent has to be appreciated. India probably makes more money out of pakistan than they out of india. as usual you and rage are better off with words to put in your thoughts.

On another aspect, what about cricket and not allowing pak cricketers to play in india? My thoughts on them are reserved. Probably because its the Big game of the region and used as diplomacy as well. Plus there are scandals. So when it comes to that, I kinda feel we are better off without them.
Not playing cricket with them shows we are still pissed with them. Blame all this on past leaders who used "cricket diplomacy".

JBH22

Good, pakistan should ban Indian movies in pakistani theater and we should ban their artist performing in Indian industry. Fair deal.
Yes please let's kick atif aslam or rahat fateh ali khan let's promote INDIAN singers i really don't understand why these guys have to come here btw don't give me the usual BS music transcend barriers etc...

Oracle

Rage, we have to draw the line somewhere. Cutting of all ties with Pakistan will not only give Pakistan a quagmire, but other countries will also take a note of this and push Pakistan to dismantle/eliminate terrorist groups/camps. You have to remember, India was churned out of many many sacrifices. $3-$4 billion is peanuts compared to that. As for our youths, there are many Yojanas started by the GoI, which has benefited them. Also, I am not saying this move will definitely help, but since we believe in Gandhi and Ahimsa so much, let's believe in Non Co-operation once. That sure helped us during the British Raj.

"Are you going to give them jobs?". I guess you wanted to use "Many would lose jobs". So that you know, the tax I pay too goes into many schemes that GoI has for the poor.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The blackmarket in Lahore will be making a killing!

Oracle

The blackmarket in Lahore will be making a killing!
Yes. But since we won't go to war with Pakistan, even when provoked to the extent of killing hundreds of Indians, should we not be ready to pay this price? They should be the least of our concerns.

johnee

Ok, I am a simple seedha-saadha indian, and thus am unable to comprehend what the Gurus are saying? Please bestow some gyaan...

What does India gain from these Pakee cultural interactions?
What are the long term gains and short term gains?
Are the gains so huge that India allows these interactions DESPITE the TERRORISM sponsored by Pakistan? DESPITE the SEDITION MOVEMENTS sponsored by Pakistan. DESPITE the NUCLEAR THREATS of Pakistan...

BTW, these 'artists/players/entertainers' are completely ungrateful and ungracious bunch who bite the hand that feeds them. Look at some examples...

As far as, I understand there are 4 arguments fundamentally,

a)First argument," These are simply artists(or players/entertainers). They have nothing to do with India-Pakistan."
This is perhaps the most intriguing argument. These artists/players/entertainers are part of Pakistani society. These people also happen to be sympathisers of terrorists. These people have never, and I mean never condemned Pakistani terrorism against innocent indians.

When India welcomes them, dances to their tunes, ogles at their jatkas, claps at their chakkas(sixers)....what message are we sending to the pakistani society and to the world at large? They send terrorists to murder Indians, and we welcome their artists? What does that imply? It means that Indians are not serious about pakistani terrorism. Therefore, obviously no one takes loss of Indian lives seriously. A major terror attack happens. Innocent indians are murdered in cold blood in their own country. There is lot of hue and cry. A few months go by and jatkas-matkas-tumkas and all the mujhra can begin... Terrorism has become just another entertainment.

b)Second argument,"Cultural contact will bring India-Pakistan closer and end the conflict."
If this were really possible then India and Pakistan conflict would have ended decades ago. Really, is there anyone naive enough to believe that just because Indians are idiots enough to allow Pakistanis to make money in India, they will give up on Kashmir? Infact, it will only fire them up further. They might think that if they can kill indians and yet make money out of here, obviously sooner or later they can also get Kashmir.
BTW, we have seen how grateful the pakistani artists are who have earned jackpots in India. A fine example is Sohail Tanveer.
These pakistani only think of Indians as fools who allow their enemies to make money at their expense.

c)Third arguement," Who cares about India-Pakistan? let India make money from pakistani talent."
How much is India making out of hiring these Pakistani national? Is the gain so much that we are ready to ignore the wilful terrorism of Pakistan? Is there any dearth of talent in India that we need to import talent from Pakistan? And what about all the associated risks that these so-called pakistani talents bring along like hawala, terrorism, spying..etc?

d)Fourth argument," India is the cultural capital...blah blah blah. Lets be big-hearted."
Wow!! If we have decided to be big-hearted, then why take baby steps? Lets just go the whole hog and gift away Kashmir. Atleast, that might generate some good feelings towards India and buy some peace. Even that would not last long because once they have Kashmir, they might want Lal Quila...

Also, where is it written that just because we are more developed, we should allow the terror-sympathisers to get rich on our expense?
They flock to India because India gives them opportunity to make wealth. But why is India allowing them to make wealth in India? Why are we rewarding them? These employment opportunities can be given to Indians and encourage local talent...

If India is not clear in its response to Pakistani sponsored terrorism, then no point in sending dossiers to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Oracle,

the many terror acts that have happened in india have a lot to do the way this country is run, with the way we people are.

26/11 was completely avoidable, they had intelligence that this attack was to first take place in sep 08, then oct 08 and eventually nov 08 which is when it happened but even in nov 08 we were caught napping. why was no india politician and cops prosecuted, put behind bars over this massive inefficiency and negligence? was only ajmal kasab, hafees saeed, lakvi, few other terrorists and isi sitting in pakistan responsible for all this and no indian? why was shiv raj patil made the governor of punjab after being sacked? why was rr patil reinstated as home minister of MH after being sacked? why was deshmukh made a cabinet minister in the center after being sacked? why was no one held responsible and taken action against when the nsg commando's plane was delayed? why did it take this country a 26/11 to replace a home minister who was more concerned about how he looked and what he wore, were the previous blasts/terror attacks any less gruesome, did those not kill people or is it that only when well to do indians get attacked do our conscious awakes? how is that all of a sudden once chidu took over all those bomb blasts and serial blasts that had become a regular phenomenon at one point in time have all now subsided? why is that each time a blast happens or a terror attack happens we are/were found clueless? is it not a fact that there remain active cells and sleeper cells even as of date? so why is that we have to point a finger at the pakistanis always and not look the mess we have over the years ourselves created?

i will take this a little further, today india is faced with a government which claims it works in the best interest of india but still is the most corrupt government ever but still the people make do with them and why is that?

why was this country sleeping and not doing much about the maoist menace until chidu was appointed as the concerned minister? why was that mess allowed to be escalated to such an extent that now we have a excuse of putting the blame on china? now should we cut all sort of ties with china as well?

why is that the north east and j&k governments and politicians are allowed to be so corrupt that there hardly ever happens a trickle down of funds provided to these states, with most siphoned off by these crooks and when all that is happening pakistan and china make use of all our corrupt practices and we in turn, people who dont want to take responsibilities, get yet another opportunity to blame others for the mess we created? how is that india did not have a contingency plan for terrorism in kashmir even though indira gandhi in early 80s knew kashmir would turn up the way it did?

why is that truck load of explosives are allowed into bombay by our own cops and the infamous bombay blasts triggered by underworld happen? why is that those underworld goons were allowed to prosper in the first place? how is that those underworld goons knew they were going to be attested and they escaped and now reside in pakistan which gives us another excuse of blaming pakistan? how is that the same goon has significant pressure on our ministers in MH and center?

not that i am here to defend pakistan or their terror acts in india, never would i do that, this would not even be the last thing in my life if i was told my survival would depend on that, but a lot of things that happen in our country are our own doing and it is time and unlike pakistanis that we take responsibilities of all that happens in our country and not give too much credit to people sitting outside. it is only when we will point out the real mess doers within, make them accountable for their deeds, will we be able to cull all the wrong that is happening in our country.

isolating a country is a about international diplomacy and india is no way as powerful to pull it off, heck even the lone superpower doesnt think of doing it and incase we do that what will be the end result? someone else will step in? money we would have made someone else would make? opportunities open for us would then we open for someone else, why block all that and india is no rich country that can afford all this, we still have millions who go without a meal a day. in an environment where others are ready to fill the gap, isolation is not that good a policy to follow, but taking away their best is which brings about the best for us as a country.

JBH22

No need to maintain economic,cultural or even diplomatic relation with the land of sexually frustrated men just fence the border and protect ourselves this is one country which we should never expect anything.
Masters in backstabbing,cowardice sign peace agreement and start war they did that many times high time to let them perish that mullahcracy.

johnee

Ritesh,
while all your points are valid for internal introspection, you seem to be pointing them out in this thread to somehow give a cleanchit to Pakistan. As in, you seem to take out all responsibility of terror actions from Pakistan and its nationals. You are pointing out Indian defects to support the employment of Pakistani nationals. That is a huge self-goal. It is a talk of Arundhati Roy and does not suit you.

Yes, India is poor. Yes, India could be far better managed. Yes, we are ill-prepared for terror attacks. Yes, we need to take responsibility and better manage our security.

But how does all that excuse Pakistani terrorism? How does that justify Pakistani making money in India? Have these Pakistanis, atleast, condemned the policy of terror sponsorship against India? No, they continue to claim equal-equal with India on terror front.
BTW, why cannot we stop these people from India? You are saying that they allow India to rise. I dont understand. Do you mean that without these Pakistani singers and actors, bollywood cannot rise or sustain? Do you mean without Pakistani cricketers, IPL cannot rise?

The argument that we should use Pakistani talent to rise would have been good if there was no terrorism from Pakistan.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Oh cannot believe the twist Ali aka Begum has given to the entire thing. Big Boss is gong to be least bothered about using Ali and Veena to show Pak in bad light. They are just bothered about TRPs and their monies than anything else.

johnee

Oh cannot believe the twist Ali aka Begum has given to the entire thing. Big Boss is gong to be least bothered about using Ali and Veena to show Pak in bad light. They are just bothered about TRPs and their monies than anything else.
If Ali hadnt said that, people would have booed him. Pakistanis talk bad about India because other Pakistanis like listening to such things. If Ali had said,"India is a wonderful country, indians allowed me to come and work in India inspite of all the ch*t*ya things we pakistanis do", what do you think Pakistanis will do?
They will call this begum as a betrayer. So, every pakistani, regardless, of how much he gains in India, goes back to Pakistan and abuses Indians and Hindus. Thats the norm.

So, all the cultural interactions and aman ka chaman is not going to work.

Last edited:

JBH22

If Ali said that, people boo him. Pakistanis talk bad about India because other Pakistanis like listening such things. If Ali had said that India is a wonderful country, they allow me to come and work in India inspite of all the ch*t*ya things we as a country do, what do you think Pakistanis will do?
They will call this begum as a betrayer. So, every pakistani, regardless, of how much he gains in India, goes back to Pakistan and abuses Indians and Hindus. Thats the norm.

So, all the cultural interactions and aman ka chaman is not going to work.
x2 atleast some have common sense it takes 2 to reach an agreement btw those who are hell bent on destroying India don't listen to bollywood songs so the idea of having Pakistani artist to promote peace is dud.
Also these days there is a confusion i see actors supporting this or that political cause, let's clear one thing actor are here to entertain leave politics to politicians we don't want a Banana republic.

johnee

x2 atleast some have common sense it takes 2 to reach an agreement btw those who are hell bent on destroying India don't listen to bollywood songs so the idea of having Pakistani artist to promote peace is dud.
Also these days there is a confusion i see actors supporting this or that political cause, let's clear one thing actor are here to entertain leave politics to politicians we don't want a Banana republic.
Politics is for everyone, it is not just for politicians...
Politicians are representatives of entire society that includes all professionals. Actors are welcome to support or oppose political parties and ideologies. Infact, we need greater participation in politics from all quarters of society.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I think we should ban Pakistan from using our movies, songs, TV serials, all cultural products like our dance forms (like Kathak) and classical music etc.

Let them sort out among themselves what they want. Once they have lived without Indian culture for a few decades (and tried the Arabic culture they so crave), let them decide once and for all whether they need Indian cultural products or not.

I am fed up of their ungratefulness. Indian culture gives them their only source of happiness and then they abuse the same. The vulgarity is in their society not outside. Look at their own movies and Pashto moti dances. Bloody hypocrites!

peacecracker

I think 70% or more of Pakistan shares it's culture Similar to Iran and Middle east. Racially also, Pakistanis are different from Average Indian. Somehow Pakistan is Obsessed with India Rather than Vice Versa.
India is talked and discussed by most Pakistanis(either Hate or Appreciation) unlike What We Indians do. There is a need to FOCUS Pakistani Psyche entirely to Arab/Persian Culture Such that Hindi Cinema,Music, Indian Culture are to be seperated from common Pakistanis mind. This Will benefit in long term. it's only couple of decades hopefully that Afghani/Irani Culture is accepted and Appreciated by Pakistanis.

India will be lost from the Minds of Average Pakistanis if such a Going back to Roots movement starts in Pakistan. Pakistanis reading this Thread are Welcome to Start on Your Own to Accept their Original Culture that is Middle Eastern as well as Closer to Persian.

Oracle

Oracle,

the many terror acts that have happened in india have a lot to do the way this country is run, with the way we people are.

26/11 was completely avoidable, they had intelligence that this attack was to first take place in sep 08, then oct 08 and eventually nov 08 which is when it happened but even in nov 08 we were caught napping. why was no india politician and cops prosecuted, put behind bars over this massive inefficiency and negligence? was only ajmal kasab, hafees saeed, lakvi, few other terrorists and isi sitting in pakistan responsible for all this and no indian? why was shiv raj patil made the governor of punjab after being sacked? why was rr patil reinstated as home minister of MH after being sacked? why was deshmukh made a cabinet minister in the center after being sacked? why was no one held responsible and taken action against when the nsg commando's plane was delayed? why did it take this country a 26/11 to replace a home minister who was more concerned about how he looked and what he wore, were the previous blasts/terror attacks any less gruesome, did those not kill people or is it that only when well to do indians get attacked do our conscious awakes? how is that all of a sudden once chidu took over all those bomb blasts and serial blasts that had become a regular phenomenon at one point in time have all now subsided? why is that each time a blast happens or a terror attack happens we are/were found clueless? is it not a fact that there remain active cells and sleeper cells even as of date? so why is that we have to point a finger at the pakistanis always and not look the mess we have over the years ourselves created?

i will take this a little further, today india is faced with a government which claims it works in the best interest of india but still is the most corrupt government ever but still the people make do with them and why is that?

why was this country sleeping and not doing much about the maoist menace until chidu was appointed as the concerned minister? why was that mess allowed to be escalated to such an extent that now we have a excuse of putting the blame on china? now should we cut all sort of ties with china as well?

why is that the north east and j&k governments and politicians are allowed to be so corrupt that there hardly ever happens a trickle down of funds provided to these states, with most siphoned off by these crooks and when all that is happening pakistan and china make use of all our corrupt practices and we in turn, people who dont want to take responsibilities, get yet another opportunity to blame others for the mess we created? how is that india did not have a contingency plan for terrorism in kashmir even though indira gandhi in early 80s knew kashmir would turn up the way it did?

why is that truck load of explosives are allowed into bombay by our own cops and the infamous bombay blasts triggered by underworld happen? why is that those underworld goons were allowed to prosper in the first place? how is that those underworld goons knew they were going to be attested and they escaped and now reside in pakistan which gives us another excuse of blaming pakistan? how is that the same goon has significant pressure on our ministers in MH and center?

not that i am here to defend pakistan or their terror acts in india, never would i do that, this would not even be the last thing in my life if i was told my survival would depend on that, but a lot of things that happen in our country are our own doing and it is time and unlike pakistanis that we take responsibilities of all that happens in our country and not give too much credit to people sitting outside. it is only when we will point out the real mess doers within, make them accountable for their deeds, will we be able to cull all the wrong that is happening in our country.

isolating a country is a about international diplomacy and india is no way as powerful to pull it off, heck even the lone superpower doesnt think of doing it and incase we do that what will be the end result? someone else will step in? money we would have made someone else would make? opportunities open for us would then we open for someone else, why block all that and india is no rich country that can afford all this, we still have millions who go without a meal a day. in an environment where others are ready to fill the gap, isolation is not that good a policy to follow, but taking away their best is which brings about the best for us as a country.
Ritesh, valid points. However, your arguments hold little ground when we are discussing Pakistan and cultural exchanges between the two countries. You talked about the after-effects, I merely asked OR I ask even now, why terrorism/terrorists from Pakistan are killing innocent Indians? And why should we entertain them? Is there any need?

Yes, our Country is run by self loathed losers, but that does not give Pakistan the right to train and send in terrorists to kill our citizens, in the first place.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles