Bobby Jindal considering running for president

Dhairya Yadav

http://m.rediff.com/news/report/bobby-jindal-admits-hes-considering-2016-presidential-run/20140917.htm

one of US's most capable politician, Bobby Jindal, the Indian-American governor of Louisiana has publicly admitted that he is considering running for Presidential elections of 2016. He is one of the most famous republicans in US, and has shown his work in Louisiana.

Last edited:

Dhairya Yadav

if this really materializes, it could redefine the entire dynamics of Indo-US ties.

Dhairya Yadav

how? 1234567890
because, even though he is not associated with India in any way, its logical to believe that the trust level between the countries would increase by leaps and bounds. Any person, whereever he/she lives, always remembers where his/her origins lie.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Your brilliance aside, if you do not have a good TV image then you cannot make into Washington politics. Bobby Jindal suffers from this problem.

rusellviper89

im unaware of what you are saying. can you please elaborate?
Bobby Jindal is more American than American them selves he will burn down relationship between India & US just to prove this point.
The Whitewashing of Bobby Jindal | Rajiv Malhotra
For one, Jindal never loses an opportunity to downplay and deny his Indian and Hindu roots,
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
-Bible

Dhairya Yadav

Bobby Jindal is more American than American them selves he will burn down relationship between India & US just to prove this point.
The Whitewashing of Bobby Jindal�|�Rajiv Malhotra

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
-Bible
I didnt say that he should do any favours for India. That will be a political suicide. As far as his denying is concerned, He is a politician. It doesn't matter where, but politicians lie. My some relatives also live in US. My cousins, who were born in US, love US, are patriotic towards US. but, it doesnt mean they dislike India or dont care about India. They love both countries, but more US than India. And there is absolutely nothing wrong about it. Even if he doesnt improve Indo-US ties, he should win because he deserves it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Bobby Jindal's gone overseas,
Silver buckles at his knees;
He'll ne'er come back and acknowledge me,
Bonny Bobby Jindi!

Bobby Jindal's frightened glare,
Panning out his black ol' hair;
He's not my boy for evermore,
Bonny Bobby Jindo!

rusellviper89

I didnt say that he should do any favours for India. That will be a political suicide. As far as his denying is concerned, He is a politician. It doesn't matter where, but politicians lie. My some relatives also live in US. My cousins, who were born in US, love US, are patriotic towards US. but, it doesnt mean they dislike India or dont care about India. They love both countries, but more US than India. And there is absolutely nothing wrong about it. Even if he doesnt improve Indo-US ties, he should win because he deserves it.
He should win because because he is Indian, don't be naive.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That is right. Many Indian origin parents have US born children, who love the US, but also their roots and origins in India.

But Booby Jindal?

He has a chip on his shoulder.

He thinks he is of a superior cut than Indians in India.

That is the first sign of a person who is not sure of himself and full of insecurities.

Being a politician does not mean that one denies his roots.

The first Indian origin politician in the US was Congressman Dalip Singh Saund.

He never denied his roots!

Dhairya Yadav

He should win because because he is Indian, don't be naive.
well, i can certainly tell you that i dont really care who wins in US. You can yourself see the work he has done Louisiana as governor.
As far as the relations with US is concerned, i again dont care as Im pro Russian. As the cold war 2 is starting, I would prefer our old trusted ally than US .

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
After what most white conservatives feel is their experience with a non white President, the odds are stacked heavily against another non white to become the US President.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Louisiana is the third poorest State of the US, coming ahead of Mississippi and District of Columbia.
List of U.S. states by poverty rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He is of course a crafty politicians. He knows and realises who will bankroll his elections, and so he works for them to the disadvantage of the others.

Here it is:
Jindal opposes coastal erosion lawsuit due to oil industry contributions, environmental groups say
A consortium of local environmental groups on Wednesday charged that Gov. Bobby Jindal's receipt of more than $1 million in political contributions from the oil and gas industry is behind his opposition of a lawsuit against the industry aimed at getting them to restore coastal wetland damages.......

"There's absolutely no other explanation for why Bobby Jindal refuses to make the oil and gas industry pay for the coast that it acknowledges that it destroyed,"
Jindal opposes coastal erosion lawsuit due to oil industry contributions, environmental groups say | NOLA.com
Wife's Charity Offers Corporate Tie to a Governor
Louisiana's biggest corporate players, many with long agendas before the state government, are restricted in making campaign contributions to Gov. Bobby Jindal. But they can give whatever they like to the foundation set up by his wife months after he took office.

T&T, which needed Mr. Jindal, a Republican, to sign off on legislation allowing the company to sell cable television services without having to negotiate with individual parishes, has pledged at least $250,000 to the Supriya Jindal Foundation for Louisiana's Children.

Marathon Oil, which last year won approval from the Jindal administration to increase the amount of oil it can refine at its Louisiana plant, also committed to a $250,000 donation. And the military contractor Northrop Grumman, which got state officials to help set up an airplane maintenance facility at a former Air Force base, promised $10,000 to the charity.

The foundation has collected nearly $1 million in previously unreported pledges from major oil companies, insurers and other corporations in Louisiana with high-stakes regulatory issues, according to a review by The New York Times......

It is among the newest of charities set up by elected officials, including members of Congress, or their families that are mutually beneficial: companies seeking to influence politicians or curry favor can donate unrestricted amounts of money, while the officials benefit from the good will associated with charitable work financed by businesses.

Mr. Jindal has made tightening Louisiana's ethics rules a centerpiece of his administration and has promised to crack down on the influence of special interests. But Anne Rolfes, founding director of an environmental group called the Louisiana Bucket Brigade, said the donations to Mrs. Jindal's charity compromise the governor's pledge.

"It may be a good cause, but it creates the appearance he is being bribed," Ms. Rolfes said. "And if you are truly committed to ethical behavior, you just need to stay away from it all together."

Mrs. Jindal has won praise — and frequent positive newspaper coverage — as she travels Louisiana passing out free equipment to schools, many in lower-income areas. Her foundation spends almost all of the money it takes in to buy high-tech whiteboards installed so far in 50 schools.

While the charity is named and led by Mrs. Jindal, the governor has not entirely distanced himself: a photo of him alongside his wife is on a corporate solicitation page on the foundation Web site, and his chief fund-raiser is listed as the charity's treasurer on its most recent tax return. A state employee from the governor's office who is an aide to Mrs. Jindal is listed as the contact for the foundation's books.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/03/us/politics/03jindal.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Dhairya Yadav

After what most white conservatives feel is their experience with a non white President, the odds are stacked heavily against another non white to become the US President.
Sir, what bad experiences are you referring to? I thought that americans were happy about Obama's economic reforms.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Dhairya Yadav

I am not saying it.

Obama's popularity rating is way below that what was expected.

A Aug. 5, 2014 report:
but that was because of his handling of Ukraine crisis. Anyother president would do the same thing. If we consider his economic reforms, americans like him .
The next elections are going to be very interesting.
After centuries US could get their first women president- Hillary Clinton . She still hasnt confirmed and is still 'considering' , but i can bet that she has already made up her mind.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles