BN Subs Arrived

rockey 71

2 submarines for Navy arrive at Ctg port

Star Online Report

Two submarines brought for Bangladesh Navy from China arrived at Chittagong port this evening.

“Chinese heavy lift vessel MV Kang Sheng Kou, carrying two submarines, docked at Chittagong Container Terminal – 1 around 5:20pm,” Omar Faruk, secretary of Chittagong Port Authority, told The Daily Star.

MV Kang Sheng Kou came from Liaonan shipyard in Dalian state of China, he added.

Bangladesh Navy has added two submarines to its fleet for the first time in its history with a view to further intensifying monitoring in the Bay and enhancing the force's combat capability.

Earlier on November 14, Rear Admiral Liu Zizhu on behalf of the Chinese government handed over the submarines to Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Mohammad Nizamuddin Ahmed at a ceremony at Liaonan shipyard in China.

Both the submarines are 76 metres in length and 7.6 metres in width and are equipped with torpedoes and mines which are capable of attacking enemy warships and submarines.

http://www.thedailystar.net/country/2-submarines-navy-arrive-ctg-port-1333963

India22

So 2 old submarines from Chinese and you think you are super power? Some Bangladeshis were saying.

Hindustan Fighter

First develop maintenance capability and technical expertise for these ming subs. I don't think BD has that at present

DingDong

Country flag
s

Not many pix available unfortunately. These are some I came across.

I think that these subs will primarily be used for training purposes. I am not expecting an operational deployment.

However, Bangladesh must certainly be planning to build/buy more subs in future.

What is the expected life of these subs?

Last edited:

amoy

China also has one of the world's larget heavy-lift fleet.

Mammoth vessel: China’s new 98,000-ton mega ship

A new 98,000-ton heavy lift mega-ship, one of the largest vessels of its type in the world, represents a mammoth addition to China’s shipping industry.

Built for Cosco Heavy Transport, the semi-submersible Guang Hua Kou was launched April 28 at Guangzhou Shipyard.

Xin Guang Hua is a new semi-submersible vessel

Open for orders.:biggrin2:

rockey 71

First develop maintenance capability and technical expertise for these ming subs. I don't think BD has that at present
We do not have a history of Navy craft blowing up at berth. Neither has there been a case of BN officers facing trial for wife-swapping. We maintain a young, totally professional manpower in our armed forces. Subs are new in BN but our submariners had served in PN subs and workshops. We have been training BN personnel in Turkey for long, and then in China.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Neither has there been a case of BN officers facing trial for wife-swapping.
That's understandable because your Naval officers (except Bangladeshi Hindus) could always make out with their sisters (cousin ) and have 4 wives because this is permissible in Islam.

We do not have a history of Navy craft blowing up at berth.
For that BD must have a decent Navy.

BTW judging by your slave history your military, navy, Air force won't save you if your immediate Masters decide to punish you.

Myanamar and India in this case.

Amr

We do not have a history of Navy craft blowing up at berth.
We maintain a young, totally professional manpower in our armed forces
Congrats, I suppose that means your country has a better navy than India, well I guess we will have to agree, after all it is obvious from your command of language and technical proficiency that you are an expert.
I hope that an expert like you might answer a question for simple people like me.
What are the operational requirements that led to this decision ? In simpler terms, against which country your navy is going to use these subs.

India22

Bangladesh at best needs gunboats. Not submarines. It has too small coastline to have submarines. Sri Lanka needs submarines more than Bangladesh if we go simply by just length of coast line. What Bangladesh is really going to achieve? Fight against Myanmar? They should more emphasize on controlling population.

Flame Thrower

I see it as nice move by Bangladesh...

Bangladesh is always Burma centric, so I feel it as nice move.

$200 million for two rust buckets is more than ok, if your enemy doesn't have decent anti sub ships....

At the time of war these two subs will be used to sink merchant ships of Burma. Unless Burma gets some thing to counter these Ming subs.

Burma planned to get Kilo class subs, but for some reason deal didn't materialise. If Burma gets a couple of Kilo class BNS is screwed badly

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed sonars for Indian Navy and transferred technology to Indian Industries for manufacture and supply to Indian Navy. M/s Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) has exported three Hull Mounted Sonars to Myanmar based on the technology developed by DRDO.
Number of countries have shown their initial interest to acquire DRDO developed sonar systems. Some of the other DRDO developed products / systems, like radars, electronic warfare systems, AEW&C systems, bridging systems, missiles, torpedoes, decoys & fire control systems, etc. can be considered for export to our friendly countries.
This information was given by Defence MinisterShri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri AayanurManjunathain Rajya Sabha today.

HH/RAJ
Source : http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=119834

====================

Fitted on Myanmar Navy’s Aung Zeya-class guided-missile frigates

Global Defence

New threads

Articles