Blast near mosque kills 10 in Pakistan's northwest

Ash

Country flag
Blast near mosque kills 10 in Pakistan's northwest
By Ali Afzaal

PARACHINAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - A bomb blast killed 10 people and injured 18 in Pakistan on Friday, government officials said, in an area that the government said it had cleared of Taliban fighters.

"Most of the dead and injured were returning from Friday prayers at a mosque," said Mehmood Aslam, the top government official in the area.

The blast took place near a shop in Kalaya, the capital of the semi-autonomous Orakzai region in the ethnic Pashtun belt that runs through northwestern mountains along the Afghan border. No group claimed responsibility.

Security forces launched a major operation in Orakzai in March 2010 to push out militants fleeing a military offensive in the nearby South Waziristan region on the Afghan border. Orakzai was previously seen as a stronghold of Pakistani Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud.

The military says several hundred Taliban fighters have been killed in Orakzai since 2010 and the area is under control. But despite losses, the militants have carried out several bomb and gun attacks in the area.

Clearing out militant sanctuaries near the Afghan border is seen as crucial to U.S. efforts to bring stability to Afghanistan, particularly in the run-up to the end of the U.S.-led combat mission in 2014.

source: ww.sharenet.co.za

Ash

Country flag
Is the same incident as posted by Blackwater in Orakzai?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Muslims are not safe in Pakistan.

Ash

Country flag
Would you weep for Ajmal Kasab? Or the pigs who cheered him?
Wont weep for Ajmal..he got what he deserved..live by the word die by the sword. As for those he cheered him, they are just ignorant and brainwashed. I pity then for looking at the world in blinkers made by their 'spiritual leaders"

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Wont weep for Ajmal..he got what he deserved..live by the word die by the sword. As for those he cheered him, they are just ignorant and brainwashed. I pity then for looking at the world in blinkers made by their 'spiritual leaders"
Should I weep for brainwashed Sheep being slaughter by the same thing which fed them then?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Compassion for your fellow humans is what seperates you from them
So why dont you show compassion to Ajmal Kasab then?

So, lets say thaat, my standards for being a Human being a just a little bit higher:D

Ash

Country flag
So why dont you show compassion to Ajmal Kasab then?

So, lets say thaat, my standards for being a Human being a just a little bit higher:D
simple..he killed women and I think children.He is or was a coward

KS

Bye bye DFI
At one point, even for me this is get sickening.

The people dead also have families, kids, dependents.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles