Blackberry 10 Smartphones

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
BlackBerry 10-based Q10 and Z10 smartphones unveiled

After lengthy delays, Research In Motion Ltd. unveiled its first two phones with the new BlackBerry 10 system. The Q10 will have a physical keyboard, while the Z10 has only a touch-screen keyboard.

RIM redesigned the system to embrace the multimedia, apps and touch-screen experience prevalent today. The question is whether there's time for the once-pioneering BlackBerry to catch up to Apple's trend-setting iPhone and devices running Google's Android system.

RIM CEO Thorsten Heins is hosting the main event in New York. Video of his appearance is being shown at other RIM events in Toronto, London, Paris, Dubai, Johannesburg, New Delhi and Jakarta, Indonesia.

RIM initially said BlackBerry 10 would come by early 2012, but then the company changed that to late 2012. A few months later, that date was pushed further, to early 2013, missing the lucrative holiday season. The holdup helped wipe out more than $70 billion in shareholder wealth and 5,000 jobs.

RIM had shown off prototypes and previews before. Wednesday's event is the first time RIM is showing a complete product, with details on prices and availability.

Most analysts consider a BlackBerry 10 success to be crucial for the company's long-term viability.

RIM is promising a speedier device, a superb typing experience and the ability to keep work and personal identities separate on the same phone. Previews of the BlackBerry 10 software have gotten favorable reviews on blogs. Financial analysts are starting to see some slight room for a comeback. With smartphone sales growing, the BlackBerry 10 can succeed without iPhone and Android users switching.

Regardless of BlackBerry 10's advances, though, the new system will face a key shortcoming: It won't have as many apps written by outside companies and individuals as the iPhone and Android.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Blackberry Z10

Blackberry Q10

Blackberry 10 OS

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Black Berry should retire itself to the dustbin of obsolescence. They can't compete in this cluttered market.

Shirman

Country flag
what is so special about this that it is worth so much?
something which i personally call Fanboy craze....:noidea: when people think they r the first n exclusive set of people to buy an ubergizmo of their dreams :facepalm:

I personally know somebody who bought this for his beloved girlfriend for this valentine day......What do i say Lucky Girl......:thumb:

Last edited:

The Fox

what the hell 83 thousand i can write my CCIE Voice Cert with that money Plus another few thousand bucks depending on $ price

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned
Black Berry should retire itself to the dustbin of obsolescence. They can't compete in this cluttered market.
Na, man even above fanboy this is years ahead of android or Ios the way it works and 'flows' together. Android and Ios seem like 80's things in comparison going back and forth between apps, pressing buttons, etc.

Don't hate it, until you tried it. :)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Na, man even above fanboy this is years ahead of android or Ios the way it works and 'flows' together. Android and Ios seem like 80's things in comparison going back and forth between apps, pressing buttons, etc.

Don't hate it, until you tried it. :)
I had my hands on the Z10... it felt like an Android skin of iOS that didn't work correctly.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles