BJP's vote in Parliament on Anti Corruption Bill

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by JayATL, Dec 28, 2011.

1. JayATL

JayATL Senior Member Senior Member

I've said I don't know much about your Internal politics but started following some of it due to economic growth being affected.

I've noticed that just like the retail bill where political thuggery took place by the BJP in forcing it to fail, for vote bank reasons. Seems like your Lokpal bill where they agreed to it ( constitutional amendment) first and then voted against it suddenly- just to spite congress from a " perceived victory"...tells me this BJP is acting un-Indian. They could care less if policies progress India forward, as long as they kill it from any of it happening under the Congress rule.

What's going on here? ... although I have yet to understand why a constitutional amendment is required, that is high threshold , yeah? like 2/3 rd of the house ( well that's what it is in the US, not sure about Indian system)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

How is it anti Indian?

4. JayATL

Is it not an anti corruption bill? it maybe not be the " all in one " dream bill, but does it not substantially advance the anti corruption agenda?

5. utubekhiladi

utubekhiladi The Preacher Elite Member

congress and its fan boys will find any reasons to blame BJP and other parties :pound: remember FDI failed because of opposition from congress party members itself.:taunt1: so do not blame anybody else just for the namesake.

congress and its fan boys are like saying we are "holier than thou"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

One wonders if it an anti corruption bill.

What is control the Lokpal will have when it has no control over investigations?

utubekhiladi likes this.
  7. JayATL

what are you , missing art class in the 5th grade that you have to over use smileys.

Did BJP not vote against RETAIL and this LOKPAL bill as stated? are BJP not the biggest opposition party? ...and IF congress makes a dumb move I would call them out too. I don't have no party ( I have no vote), I simply go by what's best for the country India on policy matters. Now if kerela and Tamil nadu shopkeepers fight with eachother... you won't see me comment or be bothered by it. It's not an economic policy concern for me..

hitesh likes this.
  8. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

For sure , the most corrupt government will keep them self clear , with this lok-pal bill .

9. JayATL

what do you mean? don't you have a judiciary for that? ..

as it stands now - " The section 24 gives the power to presiding officers to act against ministers and MPs on the basis of the Lokpal indicting them for graft. The bill allows presiding officers to act on the basis of a Lokpal report even before a trial is completed"

I kind agree that Lokpal should not issue rulings without trials... you don't agree? That's a fundamental right of due process.

10. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

First of all, This is not real Jan LokPal bill but JOKEPAL Bill. That's why Anna Fast-3 is going on.

As far as Constitutional status didn't got magic support of 273 M.P.s even when Congress has 277 MP on own without any support because 20-30 UPA-2 MP didn't voted.

6 Gujarat Cong MPs missed Lokpal Bill voting - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive

It would be interesting to know whether 6 Gujarat Congress M.P. were attending Marriage or abstain due to Modi. :pound:

utubekhiladi likes this.
  11. JayATL

well - how many does BJP have as members. why do you expect every congress member to vote yes on every bill from the congress party? why could not a handful of BJP members, at least, vote yes for the constitutional amendment. Why should what's good for India be only the burden for the ruling party?... are BJP not indians first?

12. Galaxy

Lokpal Bill to be placed in Rajya Sabha today at 2 pm. Another Failure for Congress in making ?? :confused:

13. utubekhiladi

awww did i got on your nerves by using similes? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

correct me if i am wrong here, BJP did opposed FDI but as far i know FDI decision was never put to vote. FDI failed because congress didn't find support from its own party members :pound: :pound:

whats with all those blabla's when you are a pro congress. i can prove this with your own previous posts :cool2:. when was the last time when you blamed congress :confused:

anyways, i rest my case :)

anyways let me make you feel more comfortable by making a statement..
    congress is holier than BJP and others :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JBH22 likes this.
  14. JayATL

seems you are BJP first and indian second. I don't get how you expect congress to garner all the votes to pass this, when they need BJP to vote for it too...it's simple math - ain't it?

15. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

Perhaps it is time that the admins seriously contemplate restricting the privilege to start new threads.

Galaxy likes this.
  16. Galaxy

Because there is a word called "WHIP".

BJP is irrelevant as of now as it don't have number. BJP has 116 MP and Congress + so called Secular allies has 310+ M.P., Congress can pass any bil she wants. But still failed, Why ?? May be they themselves didn't wanted.

BJP opposed because it was Jokepal Bill, They wanted some more amendment like CBI as independent body, No Reservation, 4th Grade should be under bill and so on. Indeed, Uttrakhand is 1st state which passed strict Lokayukta bill which is ruled by BJP.

Uttarakhand Cabinet clears Lokayukta Bill : North News - India Today

parijataka likes this.
  17. utubekhiladi

the question is, who will investigate? :D

how can BJP vote yes for a paper tiger bill called jokepal which have no investigation power?

:pound:

18. utubekhiladi

isn't just like you? congress first and indian second?

19. JayATL

did you get on my nerves?

FDI was a " typo" .. I meant Retail bill .

20. Galaxy

Congress doesn't need BJP.

Congress has 277 MPS. In addition, They have support of 50 odd MP's including BSP, SP.

BJP has only 116 MP's.

To pass any Bill, They need 272 MP's. They have the number.

Still Failed !!

What do you mean by BJP 1st and Indian second ?? Never heard such thing in my life. :frusty:

parijataka and utubekhiladi like this.
  21. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

LOL! What a simile!

BJP has every right to reject the vote if they feel that the bill in its entirety is not acceptable, even if they agree with the holistic idea. How does that make BJP anti-India?

Duh? ... You ain't got no party, you no dawg! Now I tired of dem logic coming from you, Yo! Daaang! Both Congress and BJP ain't gonna like Anna's bill!

There is no doubt that you intend the best for India, but why do you over-hype things and sensationalise your thread titles? You could do well working for ToI!

Galaxy and utubekhiladi like this.