BJPs' Parrikar keen to win Muslims with development

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ejazr, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ejazr

ejazr Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Parrikar keen to win Muslims with development

Panaji: After breaking the bread with Catholic community, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar seems to be building bridges with Muslims who apparently never had a truck whatsoever with BJP in the coastal state.

"Vote for BJP next time only if we manage to prove ourselves. If we don't than you have all the right to kick us out of power," Parrikar told a gathering of 1,000-odd prominent Muslim leaders organised by NGO, Goa Muslim Forum (GMF) yesterday evening at Gomantak Maratha Hall.

Sharing dais with the community leaders at the event in a view to list out the issues faced by the community, which forms less than 10 per cent of the state population, Parrikar appealed to the Muslim community to come forward and apply for government jobs in various departments including police so that they can avail of 7-8 percent reservation in the state jobs.

"State will induct 1,000-1,500 new constables for which the process will start by mid-April. I will send you the advertisements. Please ask the youths from your community to apply for these posts. Government cannot recruit anyone in job until and unless he applies for it," the chief minister who also holds Home portfolio said.

Observers say the welcome given by the Muslim community members to any saffron chief minister was unprecedented one.

"Few of my Muslim brethren were upset because we (GMF) were getting associated with the BJP chief minister. Congress in the past has cautioned us against BJP by calling it a communal party. But now we have posed our faith in BJP who is led by Parrikar in the state. We are sure, he will not let us down," said Iqbal Mohiddin, Chairman of All India Milli Council's Goa chairman.

Responding to various questioned posed by Muslim community members, Parrikar stated that he was in the process of forming an advisory council, that would guide him on various issues.

3. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

From what I have read in news reports and articles, Manohar Parrikar is an excellent administrator and person of integrity.

4. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

I hope BJP wins with sincere commitment to development and shows the finger to Congress this time. It is time enough that Congressi secular traitors have cheated the nation for the last 6 decades.

But I still disapprove of Muslim community voting as a community rather than as individual indians.

Galaxy and Mad Indian like this.
  5. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu Regular Member

BJP must work very very hard and must win every election under the Development activity rather than Ram mandir or other thing let the suckulars do the job of regionalism polarization

6. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

+1
Development chhat pe chad ke bolega.Ram mandir nai. I bet Indian muslims also want development.I hope muslim brothers will think beyond religion politics and will support development only....

7. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

BJP should form an elite group of intelligent people from various fields to direct ministers and govt how to work for public.India needs development and development is key of success.There should be annual review of every govt. and work done in states where party is in power.

8. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

No matter what Muslims says or do. They are not going to vote to BJP. At least 90% of them. They never voted in last 20 odd years. Indeed, In most of the cases, They voted to any party just to defeat BJP.

If Muslim will not vote to BJP, It's their loss and not for party. Hope, Muslims start voting to BJP so that party start giving proper representation to the community which will bring them close to main-stream society and development !!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    Mad Indian likes this.