BJP split wide open over Kushwaha

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Vyom, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

New Delhi: The row over Babu Singh Kushwaha's induction into the party is refusing to die down with many senior BJP leaders jumping the bandwagon to criticise the decision in a bid to project the non-corrupt image of the party. While some leaders criticised the moves, other hailed it saying Kushwaha will help in exposing corruption in the Mayawati government.

[​IMG]

The day saw Uma Bharti fall in line after a brief tantrum over Kushwaha's inclusion, but Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath warned the party's central leadership that he would disassociate himself from the party if it continues to induct tainted leaders and ministers expelled from BSP or any other party.

"If corrupt are included in the party, then it's shameful for us. We will have to decide whether to remain in politics or not," Adityanath said.

Babu Singh Kushwaha is facing CBI inquiry in the Rs 2,000 crore NRHM scam. Unease within BJP has grown further with more leaders joining the chorus against the decision to induct Kushwaha.

Maneka Gandhi, BJP MP from Aaonla in Uttar Pradesh, criticised the decision to induct Kushwaha a day after leaders like Yogi Adityanath and Kirti Azad openly criticised the move to bring into the party fold a man the party was targeting for involvement in the NRHM scam.

"Taking into the party people who have been thrown out by BSP does not show us in good light. Nobody was consulted before inducting him. These leaders were reaping illegal benefits as ministers and no work was done," Gandhi said.

There are reports that firebrand leader Uma Bharti is also not happy with Kushwaha's induction. However, she refused to comment, saying she does not discuss such matters with the media and she would air her views only to the party.

Bharti is also miffed that her candidates are not being accommodated in ticket distribution. Other than Kushwaha, she is opposed to the induction of Bhadshah Singh who had fallen out with her during the 2002 elections in UP.
    Senior leaders LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Murli Manohar Joshi have already opposed the decision.

BJP leader Yashwant Sinha defended the decision, saying Kushwaha has come as a 'whistleblower' to the party and will expose the deeds of UP Chief Minister Mayawati.

Former BJP leader from UP Kalyan Singh claimed that there is 'financial deal' behind inclusion of Kushwaha.

"Joining of Kushwaha against whom there are serious allegations of corruption, which are being probed by CBI in BJP raises suspicion. It seems that there was a finacial deal of crores for his inclusion in the BJP. This should be probed by CBI", Singh said.

BJP split wide open over Kushwaha - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

It is a senseless thing to do if one claims to be in the forefront to fight corruption!

It appears the social arithmetic that will impact the Votes is what possibly made BJP lose their head!

4. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

BJP fails to understand that on one hand they may lose one or two elections, but on the other hand they are denting their "party with a difference" image. Kaale kapde par daag nahi dikhta, lekin agar kapda safed rakhna hai to us par chota daag bhi dikhta hai.

5. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

So much for "party with a difference".

A new political party is the need of the hour. Secular, focused on economic development, at least reasonably honest and fair.

6. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Too many opportunities can make you go nuts.

7. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Media twisting news.The BJP is quite fine and Khuswaha in BJP is big spanner in works for Congress

KS likes this.
  8. nrj

:shocked:

JP, you sure ?

9. Iamanidiot

Yes MBC's will go with BJP and CBI raid on Khushwaha is bad timing.In a multi party contest like in UP a shave of 2-4% votes will screw electoral calculations.Most MBC's and OBC's did not like the 4.5% muslim quota

10. nrj

11. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

I have always insisted that no party wants lokpal...hopefully this will open your eyes that bjp demanding strong lokpal was a sham. Both bjp and congress did wink wink and went along with normal business while fooling people along the way.

12. Ray

I presume you have assumed that I am fond of the BJP.

I am fond of no political party or politicians. They are a lot of Lotus Eaters in my opinion.

However, the Congress has been a total disappointment and, as I see it, a disgrace to the faith reposed in them by the vast majority of the electorate. Condoning thieving till found out by the media, there are still those who are indicted roaming like peahens, arrognat and the manner they conduct themselves is as if Mugal Sultanate has come to roost!

It matters not which party is doing what. They are all opportunists!

All that concerns me is that there has to be a strong LokPal bill, not infringing the rights of the State and all investigations being beyond the the reach of the Govt, be it the Congress or the BJP.

Accountability is what is required of the people ruling in Delhi and their minions in the bureaucracy!

13. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

90% of politicians are thieves brigadier irrespective of which party they belong to.

I dont make distinction between them when it comes to corruption. My only point is that no party wants lokpal.

14. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

How about 3rd front without the left?:D

15. Ray

It seems you have not understood my contention.

I am not a political hack for the simple reason I have no faith in them. They are Lotus Eaters.

I am for a Strong Lokpal Bill and that is all!

Lotus Eater

In Greek mythology, the lotus-eaters were a race of people living on an island near North Africa (possibly Djerba) dominated by lotus plants. The lotus fruits and flowers were the primary food of the island and were narcotic, causing the people to sleep in peaceful apathy.

16. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

4.5%minority quota.not muslim quota fully.within 4.5% muslim obc will get 3.1%qota.1.4%will get other minorities

17. Rage

Rage DFI TEAM Stars and Ambassadors

BJP is a chvtiya party. Even if I wanted to choose somebody other than Congress myself, I'm stuck for choice, because these guys can't get their act right.

Thank God, at least the Mumbai ward-elections this year have a flurry of independent candidates contesting under Mumbai-227 and the Mumbai-Nagrik Satta. Otherwise, I'd be stuck having to choose between the same piles of shit, and end up having to choose the lesser of two evils even though they were a big f%K!n lump of evil themselves:- because they're the only guys who can seem to do the internal balancing act.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  18. Iamanidiot

BJP is doing great in UP if it Inducts Khuswaha into the camp without blinking and not falling for Congress disinformation campaign then Congress is truly censoredcensoredcensoredcensoredcensoreded .Mamata Bannerjee already gave a threat that congress can boot out of the alliance with them this means they have to sell their soul to Mulayam singh yadav.

Now understand why all the media is doing a Khuswaha corus.He is going to bring 2-4% of votes to BJP this upsets a lot of things for Congress

19. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

mamta won't leave upa.spilt with congress means deep division of anti left vote.last assembly election.cong+tmc get 48%vote.among the 48% vote congress gets 12%vote.left font gets 42%vote.if tmc contest alone they will lose the upcoming panchayet election

20. Ray

Everything is in a flux.

Let us see the Indian Circus opening under the Big Top.

21. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Babu Singh Kushwaha keeps BJP membership in abeyance.

Babu Singh Kushwaha keeps BJP membership in abeyance : North News - India Today

According to me, It was wrong decision by BJP U.P. leaders, Most of the leaders within BJP opposed too but earlier it was inducted due to social engineering. Let me give why he was inducted.

In U.P., Koeri are around 2.5% but makes around 5% in Central U.P. & Bundelkhand. BJP has strong support from Kurmi cast which also makes around 4%-5% in U.P. His induction was handiwork of senior BJP leader, Vinat Katiyar ,who belongs to Kurmi caste . Kurmi and Koeri are considered twin castes among OBC and Katiyar might have hoped to consolidate his party position by mobilizing the two caste voters in this complex caste-loyalty based UP elections. Congress could read the sign of coming revival of BJP in UP if OBC leaders like Kushwaha, Avadhesh Kumar Verma, Vinay Katiyar, Uma Bharati can build a core constituency of non-Yadav OBC voters for the BJP. The Congress is worried as they are at crossroad in UP. Apart from allying with Ajit Singh, who has merely few pocket of support in Jat dominated areas which makes only 1.7% in U.P. , Congress is still not successful in denting either Muslim voters of the SP or the Dalit voters of the BSP. So, They are making lot of hue and cry upon inclusion of Babu Singh Kushwaha. So, BJP consolidated further Non-Yadav OBC votes by inducted Kushwaha. But due to too much noise, They denied Kushwaha BJP membership.

But according to me, BJP won't get any advantage. Last time, BJP won 0 seats in Bundelkhand and this time, they might win few seats due to OBC votes but eventually they will lose some ground in urban areas and bad publicity in national politics too thanks to Congress Paid media. So, Profit=Loss =>Hence No effect.

BJP lost in U.P. in last few election because they concentrated on all Hindu cast, Unfortunately, You can't win election until you have basic 15%-20% votes in all constituency like BSP (Dalit 21%) and SP (MY 27%). Now, BJP is trying for KBKBK +MB. Not easy and it might take time too, But that is the only option left in current political set-up.