BJP, Nitish at odds on early elections

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Extracts from:
    BJP, Nitish at odds on early elections

BJP wants to cash on the anti Congress wind that is blowing across the country.

But then its own house of NDA is not in order.

Will the idea that an early election will iron out differences and shortcomings realistic?

It appears that Nitish Kumar wants to wait till 2014 when a horribly fractured vote results is expected. It will give a chance for a third front where he could become the PM or it would place the JD (U) in the driver's seat to call the shots and extract the pound of flesh.

However, the problem is that in such an event of a fractured verdict and a third front emerging, there will be too many contenders for the PM's chair. Mulayam Singh will not give up his dreams so easily.

Hopefully the court jester of Indian politics Laloo Pershad would have been wiped out by then forever.

3. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Ray sir,

Another article on the same topic but with an opposite view point. The only view point common to both the articles is the undercurrent of suspicion in the relationship between the two partners.

Bihar: Nitish braces himself for mid-term polls; BJP plays catch up | Firstpost

4. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

@LurkerBaba:

The thing I was saying that day. The heartland of hindi is unfortunately also the heartland of this appeasement.

5. Ray

6. Ray

I hope English is also being taught along side since it has become an international language for economic progress.

Or is Nitish under the impression that his people cannot graduate into higher realms and would only find employment as blue collar workers in the Middle East?

Personally, I like Urdu. I take it as my extra curricular activity and not as a bread earner!

7. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Nitish Kumar is one of the most over-hyped politician. He cannot win even 15 Loksabha seats on his own without BJP and Sharad Yadav. OTOH, BJP can easily win 15 seats without JD(u) in Bihar. Paid Media giving him publicity only when his stand is different from BJP/Modi.

Third front will never materialise without left and red apes are quite weak. BSP & SP, TMC & Left, AIADMK and DMK, Shiv-Sena and Others, Lalu and Nitish can never come together. Third front will die on paper only.

Nitish is playing in hands of few D4 BJP leaders. He is opposing Modi so that any other BJP leader can become PM. In return, His party will get high reward in next government formation. But what matter at end of the day is RSS think-tank in Nagpur. BJP will never support Nitish even if party has to sit in opposition. BJP paid very heavy price in UP by supporting BSP and SP in past.

parijataka, aragorn and Raj30 like this.
  8. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Galaxy good to see you back. We were missing your posts here.

Galaxy likes this.
  9. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

^^^
    I second @sob, good to see you back after long time!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    Galaxy likes this.