BJP dominates municipal polls in Assam

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by maomao, Feb 12, 2015.

1. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

GUWAHATI: BJP on Thursday is poised to swept the municipal elections in Assam winning 340 wards and getting a majority in 30 municipal boards and town committees.

The results of 702 of the 743 wards have been declared so far while that of Golaghat and Silchar was yet to come in, Assam state election commissioner H N Bora told PTI here.

The BJP won in 340 wards followed by Congress winning 232, AGP-39, AIUDF-8, NCP-4, BPF and CPM with one each while independents captured 77 wards.

Out of the 74 municipal boards and committees, BJP got a majority in 30 bodies, Congress in 17, AGP in two, NCP in one while there was a tie between two parties in four and no majority in ten bodies, he said.

More than 73 per cent of an estimated 14 lakh voter exercised their franchise in the polls held on February nine last to decide the fate of 2,900 candidates.

Repoll was held in a booth of Ward No-2 in Hojai municipality following complaints regarding anomalies in ballot papers by the candidates.

BJP supporters celebrate the party's win in municipality poll in Nagaon district of Assam on Thursday. (PTI Photo)

Election was adjourned in three wards under Demow town committee following a Gauhati high court order.

The Congress had swept the urban body polls in 2009, winning 400-plus wards with the AGP and the BJP finishing a distant second and third respectively.

BJP dominates municipal polls in Assam - The Times of India

TrueSpirit1 and Simple_Guy like this.
  3. Sambha ka Boss

Sambha ka Boss Regular Member

Good news, seems Assam will have lotus bloom in 2016 Assembly Election. :rolleyes:

maomao likes this.
  4. cobra commando

cobra commando Tharki regiment Veteran Member Senior Member

Modi Congrats BJP Assam Unit for Good Show in Assam Civic Body Polls

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today congratulated BJP's Assam unit for the "commendable performance" by winning nearly half of the 743 wards and 74 municipal boards and town committees in the state. "I congratulate Assam BJP for the commendable performance of the Party in the Municipal Polls held across the State," he tweeted. Of the results declared for 702 wards, BJP won in 340 wards followed by Congress 232, AGP-39, AIUDF-8, NCP-4, BPF and CPM with one each while Independents were victorious in 77. In the 74 municipal boards and committees, BJP won in 30 bodies, Congress in 17, AGP in two, NCP in one while there was a tie between two parties in four and no majority in 10 bodies, he said. More than 73 per cent of an estimated 14 lakh voters exercised their franchise in the polls held on February 9 to decide the fate of 2,900 candidates.

Modi Congrats BJP Assam Unit for Good Show in Assam Civic Body Polls - The New Indian Express

Teh kulcha still stronk ! in Assam. Mudiji > Kejru ehuehuehue :heh:

maomao likes this.
  5. Sambha ka Boss

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  6. Hari Sud

Hari Sud Senior Member Senior Member

BJP is back and with vengeance.

Delhi battle they fought less with Kejriwal more with the Media, who was helping Kejriwal all along.

hit&run, TrueSpirit1 and maomao like this.
  7. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

I think it is time that BJP conduct a research into the reasons of loosing the election besides the role played by media as well. It will help us to project our self in a more positive way and we should have a team prepared to counter the issues raised by media in a more humble way. I saw couple of times Kiran Bedi shouting at journalists asking them to keep quiet in a way that creates a negative image itself.

maomao, parijataka and Hari Sud like this.
  8. Simple_Guy

Simple_Guy Regular Member

Great news. BJP should completely replace Congress as the principal national party, and only leave some space for regional parties.

After rout in Delhi, Assam gives BJP a reason to cheer | The Indian Express

maomao likes this.
  9. TrueSpirit1

TrueSpirit1 The Nobody Banned

This is personal disaster of devastating proportions for @Singh- the only Bhagwan SriRam direct-descendant on this forum, who is also dead against anyone returning to Hindu fold but passionately espouses all conversions from Hinduism to other religions.

But, MSG is oh so un-Godly. :rofl:

Singh's myopic stone-eyed self, in his usual inebriated-cum-stoned state, recently made yet another loony observation: BJP is the new Congress.

Only, if he could look at Indian political map & realize the saffron dominance, not just throughout the hinterland but also towards the nation's peripheries including J&K & Assam. & To imagine, this has barely begun.

Bihar, UP & Assam are already under BJP's belt waiting to be conquered. & WB would also be ripe for a change within next few years. Who is gonna challenge BJP then ? The Congress proxy-AAP ? :pound:

10. Sambha ka Boss

11. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Dont count your chicken untill they hatch .BJP did same with delhi ..

12. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Let's see Kejru's propagandus do a flash-mob in Assam/Bihar.

13. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

The likes of Kejriwal's and his band of chocolate babies [AAP volunteers] are good for only in secured environment like Delhi only...

Once out of the Delhi the AAP is useless and toothless... the politics is bloody in this part of the country... BJP is facing physical violence from the regional parties like of Mamta's to stop BJP by any means...

Any family in a village marked as sympathetic to BJP / RSS are taken out and facing physical violence… yesterday 13th Feb a BJP worker was picked up in Arambagh, WB from the local market place and trashed so severely by Mamta’s party workers and then by politically motivated police, he sadly lost his life before taken to the hospital… Mind you these are incidents are occurring on daily basis and the national media is least bothered about BJP workers getting killed… If these continue then it will led to civil war like situation…

The people are paying a price here for electing a Secular Thug which is corrupt neck deep …

Where is Kejriwal ? that Angel !!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  14. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

Thank you Assam. Wish the best for you.

Hope you people turn out to be the start to the counter attack.

maomao likes this.
  15. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Look man I have tolerated you for a very long time.

You have called me the worst of the abuses, and many other members like @sayareak @Energon but I don't think this forum can tolerate you anymore. So take some time off. If you are willing to behave, and not hate on fellow Indians because they are not Sanghis then lemme know, else bye forever. :)

Energon likes this.
  16. TrueSpirit1

Exactly. This is exactly what RSS/BJP has survived in Commie Kerala since decades. These ground-level workers & partymen literally stare death (violent beyond AAP-tards worst nightmare) at its face & still do not dither.

Expect Lotus to bloom in Thiruvananthapuram, soon.

bose likes this.
  17. TrueSpirit1

Don't give me this "fellow Indians" crap, almost everyone on DFI knows your credentials. Never ever try to associate yourself with me.

You have never ever displayed any character worthy of a moderator. Look into your own posts before sermonizing.

Learn from Yusuf, Kunal, Virendra, Thakur_Ritesh & pmaitra how a moderator behaves.

18. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Take a month off from this forum. And let me know if you want to come back. I am sure the other admins will back me over you.

Yours,
    Khalistani ;)

19. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

Now, I am scared of @Singhji.
    Please forgive me for my previous sins.

------

maomao likes this.