BJP B-team delivers a dud, vote share drops in most states

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Yesterday, Abhisek Manu Singhvi said on TV that BJP has been hung by its own petard.

I think the correct phrase would be 'hoist your own petard'. The phrase means hoist with one's own petard, which means "to be harmed by one's own plan to harm someone else" or "to fall into one's own trap," implying that one could be lifted up (hoist, or blown upward) by one's own bomb.

Poor Mr Adjective Manu Singhvi.

That apart there are many indication that these by polls seem to indicate.

Was it that the major one being that the General Election was voting in Modi and it was not an endorsement for BJP er se?

Could it be that this overdrive of resurgent Hinduvta is not really the elixir of life as per the majority of Indian voters are concerned?

That apart, interestingly, the Congress seems to have done well because of the absence of Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi canvassing for the Congress.

On the other hand, Sachin Pilot has done what was not thought to be possible - winning 3 out of the 4 seats in Rajasthan!

Isn't it time for the Congress to give the Gandhi family a one way ticket out of the Congrress Party so that it can be resuscitated from the near dead moribund condition?

Surprising is that the Congress, which claimed to be an all India party with presence in all States, while the BJP wasn't. now finds itself wearing the same shoe. They have become irrelevant in many States and very surprisingly, in West Bengal, where BJP seems to be the 'Opposition' and not the Left or the Congress. In fact, the congress candidate lost his deposit in Bashirhat!

As far as UP goes, apparently the BSP not contesting the election did assist the SP, but so did they removing of that rabble rousing Azam Khan from the scene, while the BJP inducted the rabble rousing 'leaders' and that obviously did not go down well amongst the voters.

This bypoll has given all political parties some lessons to chew upon so that they come up smelling of roses, the next time around.

One thing for sure, and that is, development and good governance is what the Indian voters want, and not rabble rousing and vote bank politics.

sob likes this.
  3. Ray

Yogi Yadav, who is taken to be knowing all as far as elections are concerned has spoken.

What do you have to say?

4. pkroyal

pkroyal Regular Member

Our electorate is extremely " street smart" & savvy.

No more steam rolling mandate for BJP

Message is clear "Deliver or Perish"

No amount of chest thumping or " acche din" sloganeering will help.

Roll up your sleeves , get down to work, cut down the unnecessary PR & TV sound bytes and show results on ground.

By the way what happened to the promise of getting back the black money stashed abroad ?

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  5. Ray

Even though the Wholesale Price Index (August WPI) inflation has shrunk to a 5-year low of 3.74%, unless the food prices come back to normal, no one will feel that acche din has arrived.

Foreign policy activation and being on the roll is fine for the intellectual and the high brow, but the common man understands only when the pressure on his pocket eases that acche din has arrived.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  6. Ray

Given that most Indians are eking a precarious existence, I think that they are not concerned about all these religious and sectarian issues since it does no good for their daily existence and instead creates tension and even leading to mayhem in some cases.

Indians could do without such problems.

Instead, Indians want India to move towards giving a better deal to its citizen through good governance and development.

High time the BJP realises this.

7. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

The promise I believe was hang me if I don't get back the black money in 100 days.

Obviously nothing is going to happen for 2 reasons
    1. There isn't much "black money" abroad
    2. All "black money" is invested in India with political patronage

TrueSpirit1 and Ray like this.
  8. Ray

Interesting views are coming in.

9. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

The outdated media and politicians are still talking so much. What is wrong in losing warm up match which can confuse the ever loud and noisy Indians?
    The people have to stop thinking in black and white.

10. Ray

You have a point.

However, one does not win or lose only the voters' whims.

I am sure even an unlettered voter has some reason behind the vote.

Therefore, that is what should be analysed.

I can speak of Bengal.

How did TMC lose in Bashirhat inspite of their top gun and goon Mukul Roy camping there and ensuring the rural voter was so badly intimidated that they did not vote (as per today's newspaper).

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  11. Ancient Indian

@Ray
    I still don't get it. No one knows exactly what is happening in elections.
    In Lok 14, sangh parivar did rally behind BJP.
    Now, only BJP cadre is campaigning this time. How come the media report it as failure and Modiji magic is waning?
    I am again saying that this debacle won't effect Amith Sha even slightest. The media can report all the facts they are proudly reporting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  12. Ray

The General Election was all about Modi and BJP was not in the reckoning.

People voted for Modi and not BJP or their surrogates agenda.

These by-poll elections indicates the same.

No Modi, no vote.

aragorn and Ashutosh Lokhande like this.
  13. Ancient Indian

Sir, It's not Modi at the time. It is Sangh wave that uplifted BJP to massive mandate.
    You are also forgetting Modiji's past as swayamsevak.
    An add campaign and good promotion does nothing but introduce you to voter.
    There is difference when some respected person in society campaign for the leader. The people will trust and vote for him.
    I am not saying that sangh is great but have to give some credit to Chaddi batch.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  14. Ray

I am not contesting your view.

I am merely stating what I saw and experienced.

The neighbours and locality where I stay and the domestic service help or service providers are either rabid Communist or dedicated Trinomool supporters.

Interestingly, they were all Modi fans while their views on Hinduvta or BJP per se was vary varied and intense.

In fact, one of my army colleague who was a BJP and RSS worker, changed to Trinamool (he is big gun in Trinamool) because he was vivid that BJP had become a B Team of CPM candidly admitted that there was a Modi wave, but not a BJP wave. Bengalis are very religious as a community, but they are not rabid and shun all these Hinduvta pizazz.

How come the BJP or their half pant chaps did not visit our locality and yet BJP came in a roaring second in our constituency?

The answer is - Modi and disgust with the corrupt and idiotic Congress party.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  15. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

Why some ppl getting Orgasm by dip of BJP vote share,BJP will rule India till 2024 comfortably :rofl:

So why BJP vote share dropped , BJP got only 31% vote share in Lok 14 in this 20% BJP's and 11% anti CONgi wave.Now CONgi not ruling, obviously no Anti Congi wave means BJP vote share slightly dropped.What ever it may be more than 20% vote share for BJP is great achievement it will increase gradually
    Jai hind :namaste:

Simple_Guy likes this.
  16. Ancient Indian

@Ray
    Lot of people in sangh hates some BJP leaders.
    That aside, BJP never make it big where sangh has no control.
    My opinion on Bengal situation is,
    Few years back , communist bastards ruled your state for a long time.
    I don't think it is a gujarath scenario for bjp in your state. So they have some bjp cadre which is not properly maintained and have lot of party jumpers. We have to wait until Mamatha totally destroys Commies to get a proper BJP government.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  17. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Yes, thats why half of them decided to break away from Bharath at the time of independence and still are helping the bangladesisation of the North east and West Bengal(indirectly)

Bengal deserves every bit of scorn and ridicule it recieves, specially when its residents parrots bengal's nonsenscial and suicidal greatness non stop!:rolleyes:

18. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

That is a problem for BJP in all the states in which Sangh has no big political presence. Take the TN for instance. In the recent metro(councilors?) polls, all the BJP candidates either withdrew after getting paid from ruling ADMK or withdrew due to political pressure from ADMK!

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  19. anupamsurey

anupamsurey Regular Member

I don't think than BJP is rattled much, these are just by elections,if these would have been assembly elections where would have been this few seats counted. there are more factors in such states than just development agenda (these other factors are considered as bigger than overall development esp in UP). and I did read somewhere that the power in Indian election is achieved by wooing a consolidated minority. and all the BJP votes getting divided must also be counted (too many factors). but there is still some hope for BJP in Haryana and MH.

i for one, seriously doubt the mental ability of our media, they blamed all defeat on Modi (often citing Modi magic failed etc. where as Modi hardly campaigned for these by elections)

and the changes done by modi govt in administration are already showing results, but modi must not fall prey to the same thing which vajpayee govt did...the poor rural man must be given priority, developing smart cities is not important for them, they want smart villages with roti, naukari, bijli, sadak, etc.

TrueSpirit1 and VIP like this.
  20. Manas7

Manas7 Regular Member

Thats why Samajwadi party won.

As nobody stands for development and good governance like SP. Slow clap.

BTW these are bypolls for mere 11 assembly seats . waste of time of time to read too much into its results.

TrueSpirit1 and Mad Indian like this.
  21. Ashutosh Lokhande

Ashutosh Lokhande Senior Member Senior Member

If only BJP would have ran election campaign on sabka saath sabka vikas instead of trying to divide and rule and play vote bank politics results would have been different.