Bit by Bit lets dismantle them

pmaitra

In terms of invention and research in defense what has china invented which has not been already invented by the west decades ago. The question is where will the next set of inventions come from - it will most probably come from the west.
That is very true. West still leads in innovation.

Now, the West still has the advantage of innovation and the East has the advantage of cheap production. So the point I guess is, partnerships will have to continue to the point that East is self sufficient in innovation. So till then, no wishing the West collapsed. This applies to UK as well. If their innovation becomes useless, they will become worthless anyway.

Iamanidiot

From what I understood by visiting my aunt in UK.Who by the way is a doc the welfare state truly softened the islanders most the native brits (the scots are better) have know incentive to work the younger ones do not have the motivation or incentive to work and the parents themselves never admonish the kids for those attitudes

illusion8

^^^ contrast to this the US citizens are some the of most hard working people on earth similar to the Japanese.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Business partner? Its a tiny island of 60 million miserable sods living off a shadow economy driven through debt and resources they stole over the last 300 years.

Business partner - Really?
That is incredibly foolish.

amitkriit

It's not about a business partnership between India and the UK, it's about a takeover of JLR by Tata Motors and plans to shift manufacturing. Of course, it could have political fallouts, but UK would not collapse if it acted like other non-interventionist countries. If they keep investing so much in defense, then they will get closer to a collapse; in that case, most of the investors will stage a walkout.
I got a taste of the great ego of the "not-so-great" Britain a few days ago. We were going to sell a product to the British company a few days ago. The guy asked where is the hardware manufactured?

Our Marketing guy replied "Made in India".
He could immediately see the disgust over his face.

Our guy immediately brought the matter under control, he said "Designed in Britain, outsourced to India" and the white guy was happy. We got the deal.

What we need to do is to bust their sense of superiority bit-by-bit.

pmaitra

I got a taste of the great ego of the "not-so-great" Britain a few days ago. We were going to sell a product to the British company a few days ago. The guy asked where is the hardware manufactured?

Our Marketing guy replied "Made in India".
He could immediately see the disgust over his face.

Our guy immediately brought the matter under control, he said "Designed in Britain, outsourced to India" and the white guy was happy. We got the deal.

What we need to do is to bust their sense of superiority bit-by-bit.
What item was it?

If I were you, I'd show him two identical samples, absolutely same and say, "One is made in India and the other in UK. The former costs ₤1 and the latter costs ₤100. Which one would you prefer?" :D

Iamanidiot

What item was it?

If I were you, I'd show him two identical samples, absolutely same and say, "One is made in India and the other in UK. The former costs ₤1 and the latter costs ₤100. Which one would you prefer?" :D
PMaitra simply put the brits do not want to work

pmaitra

PMaitra simply put the brits do not want to work
No doubt about that.

They watch the clock very well and will not stay back even for a moment. Also, they are good at making unions, given a chance.

Last edited:

amitkriit

What item was it?

We were not going into those things, that would mean more effort on our side, just to make a moron happy, we wanted his money and we got it. Words don't cost a thing. As far as the price is concerned, it will never be ₤1 v.s. ₤100, that is bad business, it will always be ₤99 v.s. ₤100, and we keep the profit.

Iamanidiot

No doubt about that.

They watch the clock very well and will not stay back even for a moment. Also, they good at making unions, given a chance.
Add all those ridiculous benefits and allowances.They do not even have the motive to save.What they in 5 days of a week is spent in the pub in the remaining two days.Add to that britain is very expensive to live

pmaitra

We were not going into those things, that would mean more effort on our side, just to make a moron happy, we wanted his money and we got it. Words don't cost a thing. As far as the price is concerned, it will never be ₤1 v.s. ₤100, that is bad business, it will always be ₤99 v.s. ₤100, and we keep the profit.
Very good indeed. Yes, you successfully exploited his bias and got the money. At the end of the day, all I care about is money.

BTW, what product was it?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Britain is also getting itself isolated from the rest of Europe. Nothing bodes well for Britain as of now.

amitkriit

Very good indeed. Yes, you successfully exploited his bias and got the money. At the end of the day, all I care about is money.

BTW, what product was it?
Surveillance, security and tracking. It's a complete package.

pmaitra

Surveillance, security and tracking. It's a complete package.
Nice.

So you also work for that company, right? Do you guys use a lot of vision stuff? If yes, British Universities are actually doing ground breaking job in vision systems research.

Iamanidiot

Nice.

So you also work for that company, right? Do you guys use a lot of vision stuff? If yes, British Universities are actually doing ground breaking job in vision systems research.
Pmaitra my aunt is an ex-professor .British universities are quite cosmopolitan and highly progressive I will give them that

Param

The day that the Anglosphere collapses is the day that the rest of the world will breathe a sigh of relief.
The day the Anglosphere collapses, China and its allies will F**k the rest of the world.

New totalitarian, undemocratic,imperialist, evils will be born or go unchecked.

Reactions: KS

amitkriit

Nice.

I am one of the Directors :cool2:
My company is into defence business, we supply to Indian Army and Indian Navy. How do we survive? A part of the company is owned by a government organization. And yes we do have those things like computer vision etc., developed at home in collaboration with research institutions in India. We manufacture/assemble hardware in India. Chips and components are supplied by reliable partners, nothing comes from China, that's a big no-no.

Be Indian Buy Indian.

pmaitra

The day the Anglosphere collapses, China and its allies will F**k the rest of the world.

This is very true.

At least, Americans and other Westerners are least likely to go on a witch hunt like the Chinese did with Indian traders after their Pakistani owned company duped the Chinese.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I'm expecting North Korean tanks to roll through Singapore any day now. :facepalm:

The world is not a James Bond movie.

pmaitra

I am one of the Directors :cool2:
My company is into defence business, we supply to Indian Army and Indian Navy. How do we survive? A part of the company is owned by a government organization. And yes we do have those things like computer vision etc., developed at home in collaboration with research institutions in India. We manufacture/assemble hardware in India. Chips and components are supplied by reliable partners, nothing comes from China, that's a big no-no.

Be Indian Buy Indian.
I am not surprised. The best engineers are usually IITians and the second best elsewhere. I wish your company all success. I am sure you know more than I do about this particular research area. UK is doing quite well. Again, innovation is the keyword here.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles