Binayak Sen Granted Bail. Update - Binayak Sen Interview Post #133

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by SHASH2K2, Dec 24, 2010.

1. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Activist Binayak Sen found guilty of treason​

The Raipur sessions court on Friday found Dr Binayak Sen and three others guilty. Dr Sen was charged with treason and waging war against India. Sen has been found guilty of helping the Maoists. Security was stepped up in and around the district and sessions court

verdict on Sen was given.
    The judgment assumes significance for right activists who say that authorities trapped Sen, a doctor and a civil rights activist, on trumped up charges.

"We are very eagerly awaiting the judgment," Rajendra K. Sail, a former president of the People's Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL), had said.

Another rights activist, Gautam Bandopadhyay, said: "Whatever the judgment, we (activists) will continue to raise voice against rights abuses by government."

Sen was picked up in May 2007 from Bilaspur town under the stringent Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act for alleged links with Maoist ideologue Narayan Sanyal. He was released in May 2009 on the order of the Supreme Court.

The court had completed its hearing last week. It began the trial in May 2008 and examined 97 witnesses.

The prosecution claimed that Sen was very much involved in establishing an urban network for the outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist). The defence denied the charges.

Human rights activists in India and abroad, as well as, doctors from the US and other countries urged the Indian government to free him, calling his detention unjust and violative of human rights.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

It is time such self seeking people are put in their place.

It is a benchmark and should caution the underemployed pollyannas who fish in troubled waters for fame and achieve notoriety!

4. Tomcat

Tomcat Regular Member

human rights can go to hell and beyond its time that prostitute ( sorry for the langaue ) is put away

5. nitesh

nitesh Mob Control Manager Stars and Ambassadors

Good to see such nut cases getting a taste of justice. Give them strict punishment to make an example out of it.

6. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Oh No !!!!

Very soon a 30,000 word balderdash on how the hinduised corporatised Indian govt is brutalising 'innocent' people supporting 'Gandhians with guns' will appear in Times or Guardian ,written by 'you-know-who'.

Ontopic - Good Development but doesnt inspire much hope. Whatever happened to the Delhi high court advice to Delhi police to book Arundati Roy and Geelani.?

7. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Something that pleases my eyes. It is amusing to note the fact that most of these so-called sold-out Human Rights activists always end up to be either Maoists, Jihadist apologists, "minority" affairs activists and in some places of my region, even unregistered illegal missionaries! One has to only wonder how long the Con- party manage to keep hiding these evils from the justice system and Indian armed forces. If this continues, the patience of people and the military will break one day and we might see the Army in a pissed off mode against Left and Jihadic traitors simultaneously in Kashmir and "Red corridor". I wish that happens.

It is better to take the risk of martyrdom once and win rather than fearing for lives everyday at the hands of these scumbags. I wish those T-90s are put to good use soon.

8. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Finally, a precedent has been set up to punish people who participate in seditious activities.

Arundhati Roy
    Azam Khan
    Geelani
    Umar Farooq

please line up....next is your turn.

9. Tshering22

Let's see.....

Teesta Setalvad
    Barkha Dutt
    Rajdeep Sardesai
    Yasin Malik

All leaders of Isak Muivah and Baptist Church of Nagaland

And there is more to come..

10. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

I am cynical, let this man be punished, let that punishment commence, then I will believe. Till then,...

11. Oracle

Oracle New Member

ULFA, DHD, Black Widow(J). India is full of such people. Jailing 1 or 100 will not solve this problem, jailing en masse should solve it.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  12. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

We are living in a country which is infested with injustices. Police, Public servants treat poor people like dirt. If people like Binayak Sen are traitors, so are our bureaucrats and netas who's apathy forced people to pick arms. We cannot keep crushing people by jailing/hanging them for treachery. We can talk about treason when Indian state will be in a position to guarantee justice and fair treatment to it's poor and hungry people.

13. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

There is no deterrant. Once such people start getting punished, the numbers will come down drastically. The same applies to those raising the bogey of 'saffron terror'. If they can be sued in court successfully, then such loose talk wont happen.

The question is whether our justice system can deliver the justice and get it implemented?

14. Flint

Flint Senior Member Senior Member

I think this is a politically motivated charge. There is no direct evidence it seems, only circumstantial.

This is going to get overturned by the HC or SC, definitely.

15. Tshering22

I agree that GOI has people treated badly. But there are poor people in India everywhere. North as well as in my state Sikkim and even in Arunachal. So also there are in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, MP, UP etc. But does poor mean picking up guns and shooting fellow Indians? If you noticed, NONE of the bloody netas get touched by these F-ed up Maoists. Have you even bothered to think why it is like that? The real grudges of these Maoists are against these bloody netas whom even we all common Indians hate. But they don't even get scratched let alone blown to bits. Who dies? The common man in villages, whose family is kidnapped and he's threatened to pay to these Maoists extortion fees and to support them lest they kill his wife and kids. Where will this man go now tell me. Have you see the movie Red Alert (Hindi)? It shows something very close to reality of what is going on.

You have no idea what it is living just beside a Maoist infested terrorist area, dude. Come try living here in northeast's volatile regions and you will know what it is to deal with these "poor innocent Maoists". I agree that most Maoists at soldier level are brainwashed into thinking that they will get better life if they support the cause. But so are Jihadis as well who come to blow people up. But does it mean we start forgiving every form of terrorism? You know what it is to live here? Try asking villagers in rural areas of this "Red Corridor" and they will tell you. Fear of being kidnapped, young girls being raped by Maoist cadres, houses burnt and people shot for not guaranteeing support to Maoist leaders, schools getting blown up, roads trashed (to raise the false issue that government is not doing development) etc etc etc. These are the things most people in northeast have to suffer because of these 'poor' Maoists. And that too their OWN poor people who themselves are living miserable lives trying to feed their families.

I myself have met with a few people whose families have been killed and they moved from Red belt to safer areas of the country. What is their fault? Hundreds of jawans are slaughtered by these swines and so many women turned widows and kids turned orphans. For what? For power isn't it? 3 times GOI offered talks and negotiations and what happened? They refused because they want nothing short of national control and eventually take our country to Pol Pot's era. Does it mean we start forgiving them for mass murders of their own countrymen just because they are 'poor'??!! Fine logic you got there man!

And just since you don't know, do you know how many advanced receivers and bomb-making IED devices are "imported" into the country from the southeast's unmanaged borders? From Burma, from Cambodia-Vietnam borders from China and from Maoists in Nepal? These bloody devices would be costing in lakhs total. So tell me, if these "poor oppressed people" Maoists can afford to get these advanced weapons and explosives, then can't they afford 3 meals a day? Think my friend!!! Think!

16. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Flint,
    If there was no evidence, High court and supreme court wouldn't have rejected his bail pleas. Let's see how this case goes on HC and SC.

17. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

People pick up arms against the system when they feel humiliated and hopeless. States which are effected by Naxal movement are the same states where "Land Reforms" never took place. Lands of poor were captured by influential people with the help of local administration. Go to a village or small town and see for yourself how local administration treats common people. I have seen people being beaten up because they didn't give way to SP's vehicle. Doctors don't visit health care centers, teachers don't come to teach at schools. People are languished inside jails without trials, because they could not pay for a good lawyer. 90% of the schools and hospitals which were blown off by maoists, were already in bad condition, thanks to Contractor-Authority nexus, bricks were already falling off.

Movements take place in support of an ideology(like Jihad) or to protect people from the system. Naxal movement is driven by an ideology, but its fueled by the rot inside the system, so its sustainable as long as the condition persists. Poverty is a big problem, but the bigger problem is injustice and hopelessness.

Off course there is a political angle, and the final goal of the naxals is to grab power in the pretext of exploitation by the state, but as long as they serve the cause of common people, people will be happy to join in.

18. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Wrong! There are many other motives which suit them. Can and will be discussed when the time comes or thread starts.

19. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

I accept the fact that there is lawlessness in certain parts of India and people do take law in hands to fight it . Its very noble to fight for others. Tell me one thing what is diffrence between Maoists and a normal rapist or murderers. They might have started the movement as a tool to protect the poors but now they have reached to a level where they themself are torturing poors. levying money\goonda tax on all economic activities. Killing civilians or even government officials . If they are so pro poor why they block any development activity started by government.
    Also if they claim that they have peoples support why don't they come out and fight election. go to parliament and change the system.

20. Tshering22

What "system" are you talking about? Blowing up roads, killing innocent farmers, kidnapping their children and threatening ransom, demanding double "mining taxes" to local labourers working in mines, threatening to comply with Maoist interests or suffer painful deaths, burning village huts, raping young girls etc etc etc..... This is the "against the system" these Maoists are planning?

Dude, seriously. The system is managed by Netas... NONE OF WHOM are even scratched let alone blown up to make them feel the pain of what Maoist call their own sufferings. If they have been wronged, why the F do they have to attack their own commoners when they know that netas don't give a damn about people's lives and won't be affected? 26/11 saw the example of this when netas were conveniently saying that "इतने बढे शहर में छोटी-छोटी बातें होती रहती हैं"| Do you think that these bloody netas would ever care to notice if Maoists blew up and killed fellow Indians? THEY WILL NEVER NOTICE, just issue some shallow words of "we condemn Maoist violence and ask them to come to table", all while stacking crores in their Swiss banks.

WHAT ARE THEY MAOISTS DOING TO MOVE THE GOVERNMENT'S BABUS AND NETAS? You tell me that. And certainly people getting killed doesn't affect these netas once.

If LET has the guts to strike the heartland of India's political center, then why Maoists can strike against Netas and politicians? Answer me. Does this not show the ulterior motives of Maoist cadres?

What do you make of the things I told you above?

Does all these things affect those netas and bloody politicians sitting on top? IT WILL NEVER AFFECT THEM UNTIL THEIR OWN START GETTING KILLED LIKE THAT. And Maoists won't dare to do that because they know that next thing would be Con-party netas (whose own have been killed by Maoists) will press the Army into action and Maoists will be exterminated. So these Maoists kill innocent villagers, tribals and threaten them and torture them to comply. Not to mention 100s of police officers.

They started with a genuine cause but have gone rogue like any other terrorist organization. Hence they have to be put down.

21. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Dear Binayak Sen,

[​IMG]

Regards,
    The Indian People