Big Bang without God

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by W.G.Ewald, Apr 18, 2013.

1. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

Stephen Hawking lays out case for Big Bang without God - Science

3. vram

vram Regular Member

From what I understand the Big bang was one of kind event . Superheated area of space occupying just the size of an atom but the mass which equalled to almost infinity exploded because of its own instability. Quite outside the current rules or understanding of astro physics to be honest.
    It is said that the space was so hot after the big bang event that the entire spacial color was RED due to the heat and cooled down only about 100's of millions of years later.
    Also wasn't the steady state theory disproved after it was observed that the planets,galaxies all mater was rushing away from each at faster and faster rates??
    This quote also caught my eye. What is time but the relation between changing of all visible and invisible matter and the pace at which it is changing. So when you think about it...the Big Bang event itself was a Anti-thesis of time in three dimentional space as we no it.
    IN CURRENT human knowledge there is no parallel to the conditions that existed during big bang.
    Also how was the super condensed and heavily dense matter able to trigger and explode at a point of singularity. What existed before then to allow this un stability to continue and exist before the universe was born??
    The very fact that the big bang occurred is abomination to the concept of time. Either Time is a measurable thing even before the big bang or the a pre-determined event triggered the big bang prior to which there was only infinity or its opposite 0 existed.
    DO not some religion consider 0 or the infinity as a representation of the consciousness of god.
    Shuniya or 0 was closely related to moksha state in ancient India. Buddhism considers the state of unruffled peace and Buddhist philosophy argues for an infinitely continuing (forward and reverse) state of existence, with no centre, nor any permanent entity underpinning it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    parijataka and W.G.Ewald like this.
  4. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

what did you major in??

5. bhramos

bhramos Elite Member Elite Member

6. vram

vram Regular Member

Information technology :)
    I was and still am very interested in Astronomy as a career but it did not really pan out.

7. vram

vram Regular Member

Did you know that when the Large Hadron collider was to be turned on for the first time many sites run my Christian fundies groups and pure ignorant people started writing in blogs and forums that the CERN was evil people who where going to destroy the world and also they where worshippers of the devil . thier proof was this statue of Shiva ... the destroyer:rofl:.
    Strangely the concept of evil seems to be always related to destruction and end of the world kind of stuff in abrahamic religions of which they are mortally afraid.
    while the eastern philosophies and religions define destruction as just another part of the cycle of life. A process for renewal.

8. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

your knowledge above is way too beyond scope of astronmy,may be quantum/astro physics..thats why i asked you

do you read books of mr stephen hawking??

9. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  10. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

^^
    I'd rather hear a longer explanation. With everything explained so fast, the narrator sounds like his shorts are way too tight.

11. Twinblade

Twinblade Senior Member Senior Member

Rig Veda, Book 10, verse 129
    नासदासीन नो सदासीत तदानीं नासीद रजो नो वयोमापरो यत |
    किमावरीवः कुह कस्य शर्मन्नम्भः किमासीद गहनं गभीरम ||
    न मर्त्युरासीदम्र्तं न तर्हि न रात्र्या अह्न आसीत्प्रकेतः |
    आनीदवातं सवधया तदेकं तस्माद्धान्यन न परः किं चनास ||
    तम आसीत तमसा गूळमग्रे.अप्रकेतं सलिलं सर्वमािदम |
    तुछ्येनाभ्वपिहितं यदासीत तपसस्तन्महिनाजायतैकम ||
    कामस्तदग्रे समवर्तताधि मनसो रेतः परथमं यदासीत |
    सतो बन्धुमसति निरविन्दन हर्दि परतीष्याकवयो मनीषा ||
    तिरश्चीनो विततो रश्मिरेषामधः सविदासी.अ.अ.अत |
    रेतोधाासन महिमान आसन सवधा अवस्तात परयतिः परस्तात ||
    को अद्धा वेद क इह पर वोचत कुत आजाता कुत इयंविस्र्ष्टिः |
    अर्वाग देवा अस्य विसर्जनेनाथा को वेद यताबभूव ||
    इयं विस्र्ष्टिर्यत आबभूव यदि वा दधे यदि वा न |
    यो अस्याध्यक्षः परमे वयोमन सो अङग वेद यदि वा नवेद ||

Translation:-
    1. Then was not truth* nor false**: there was no realm of air, no sky beyond it.
    What covered in, and where? and what gave shelter? Was water there, unfathomed depth of water?
    2 Death was not then, nor was there aught immortal: no sign was there, the day's and night's divider.
    That One Thing, breathless, breathed by its own nature: apart from it was nothing whatsoever.
    3 Darkness there was: at first concealed in darkness this All was indiscriminated chaos.
    All that existed then was void and form less: by the great power of Warmth was born that Unit.
    4 Thereafter rose Desire in the beginning, Desire, the primal seed and germ of Spirit.
    Sages who searched with their heart's thought discovered the existent's kinship in the non-existent.
    5 Transversely was their severing line extended: what was above it then, and what below it?
    There were begetters, there were mighty forces, free action here and energy up yonder
    6 Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation?
    The Gods are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being?
    7 He, the first origin of this creation, whether he formed it all or did not form it,
    Whose eye controls this world in highest heaven, he verily knows it, or perhaps he knows not.

*True and **False as in boolean logic of something existing or not existing.

W.G.Ewald and dealwithit like this.
  12. dealwithit

dealwithit Regular Member

Sir I have read it like no number of times.. Each time it has different meaning
    If you share the text original Link .. I would be happy..

13. dealwithit

dealwithit Regular Member

Sir I have read it like no number of times.. Each time it has different meaning
    If you share the text original Link .. I would be happy..

14. Twinblade

Twinblade Senior Member Senior Member

dealwithit likes this.
  15. kseeker

kseeker Retired

Listen to this Hindi translation, it would be easy to grasp the meaning

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    dealwithit likes this.
  16. vram

vram Regular Member

Thanks for the quote. Even I have read various translations of the same text. Can you imagine such kind of thought and deep enquiry into reality and the reflections into the very existence of human life more than 3000 years ago by the rishi's and muni of that time. A time when Europe was populated by barbaric nomads at the edge of stone age. We have truely lost some of the defining characteristics of our 5000 year old continuous civilization when no proper study and understanding of the vedic texts are made.