Bhakthi Related Thread

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Source: Vivekananda's complete works.

Shvetâshvatara Upanishad:

अग्निर्यत्राभिमथ्यते वायुर्यत्राधिरुध्यते ।
सोमो यत्रातिरिच्यते तत्र सञ्जायते मनः ॥६॥

Where the fire is rubbed, where the air is controlled, where the Soma flows over, there a (perfect) mind is created.

Explanation:
Perfect mind is a mind which has no ego and buddhi lies as dormant.

No thinking. No wandering over things.

Mind stays still. And you observe things in their real forms.

Then you observe the flowing things in your body. The delight in seeing all things like never seen before, makes you blissful, omni-sentient and omni-potent.

Only the high disciplined mind can achieve this state.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
does anybody here chant any prayer or mantra regularly? I do the jaap of Mahamrityunjay mantra, but neither regularly nor as is advised to do. but infrequently during bathing, commute, sitting, etc. I have sort of devised my own method of chanting with breath-regulation and rhythm. anyway have definitely experienced its effects.
@Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian

does anybody here chant any prayer or mantra regularly? I do the jaap of Mahamrityunjay mantra, but neither regularly nor as is advised to do. but infrequently during bathing, commute, sitting, etc. I have sort of devised my own method of chanting with breath-regulation and rhythm. anyway have definitely experienced its effects.
@Ancient Indian
I know few mantra.
Some very important person taught me those. I can chant few for small pujas.

Sangh life teaches few mantras.
Earlier morning,
When we wake up, we chant goddesses lakshmi, saraswathi and few others. Before meals, bojana mantra.
And few other manthras.
Along with those , Sangh has their own stothra.

When I stayed with kalyana ashram, it became regular practice.
Had to do multiple roles, like teaching children Hindu way of life. .

In my regular life, whenever I feel down, I read lalitha Sahasra naam. Also sing few other songs for Mother.

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I know few mantra.
Some very important person taught me those. I can chant few for small pujas.

Sangh life teaches few mantras.
Earlier morning,
When we wake up, we chant goddesses lakshmi, saraswathi and few others. Before meals, bojana mantra.
And few other manthras.
Along with those , Sangh has their own stothra.

When I stayed with kalyana ashram, it became regular practice.
Had to do multiple roles, like teaching children Hindu way of life. .

In my regular life, whenever I feel down, I read lalitha Sahasra naam. Also sing few other songs for Mother.
then you just need to read this book am gonna recommend - reminiscences of a devotee. an old, highly interesting-intriguing book by an ex-Indian bureaucrat. just read it without any ado & delay! was recommended to me by a fellow forumer. you'll find it on scribd.

Ancient Indian

then you just need to read this book am gonna recommend - reminiscences of a devotee. an old, highly interesting-intriguing book by an ex-Indian bureaucrat. just read it without any ado & delay! was recommended to me by a fellow forumer. you'll find it on scribd.
What is it?
I have soundarya lahari. Both in Telugu and English.
Some time I read Ramakrishna gospels and Aurobindo works.
Vivekananda works have less bhakti related content.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
What is it?
I have soundarya lahari. Both in Telugu and English.
Some time I read Ramakrishna gospels and Aurobindo works.
Vivekananda works have less bhakti related content.
its about experiences of the man and his family/known ones with Mother's forms, and a whole lot more! just begin reading it already! many interesting and revealing things in there.

yes Swami Vivekananda was more of a warrior saint so understandable.

P.S. - read the 'Aghora' series of books too sometime. VERY VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! full with inner info and experiences on Mother's forms, and much much more!

Ancient Indian

its about experiences of the man and his family/known ones with Mother's forms, and a whole lot more! just begin reading it already! many interesting and revealing things in there.

yes Swami Vivekananda was more of a warrior saint so understandable.

P.S. - read the 'Aghora' series of books too sometime. VERY VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! full with inner info and experiences on Mother's forms, and much much more!
Bro, I searched it on scribd. It gave me list of books. But not the one you recommended.
Can you be kind and share the link please. . .
Also you didn't mention the name in your earlier post.
Edit:
About aghora series, I have to come clear on things.
An aspirant should never try for vibhuti or any powers.

Man, It is getting personal.

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Bro, I searched it on scribd. It gave me list of books. But not the one you recommended.
Can you be kind and share the link please. . .
Also you didn't mention the name in your earlier post.
Edit:
About aghora series, I have to come clear on things.
An aspirant should never try for vibhuti or any powers.

Man, It is getting personal.
here - https://www.scribd.com/user/179708892/Datia-Peeth
name again, is 'reminiscences of a devotee'. this book might give you some jolts. ;)

Aghora panth is literally a razor's edge! hence not recommended for just anybody. those who try to walk it aspiring for 'powers' & material rewards will surely fall in it terribly sometime or the other; this being Kaliyug many thus are bound to go astray so. but the selfless ones actually having natural inclination towards it and having Bhairav Baba's grace will be another material altogether.

Ancient Indian

here - https://www.scribd.com/user/179708892/Datia-Peeth
name again, is 'reminiscences of a devotee'. this book might give you some jolts. ;)

Aghora panth is literally a razor's edge! hence not recommended for just anybody. those who try to walk it aspiring for 'powers' & material rewards will surely fall in it terribly sometime or the other; this being Kaliyug many thus are bound to go astray so. but the selfless ones actually having natural inclination towards it and having Bhairav Baba's grace will be another material altogether.
Only problem here is, I don't have subscription. Will check it later, anyway.

About aghora path, they are not recommended for good people also. Many may go wrong path.
In shaktheya , there are some vamaachara upasana.
You will cringe if you learn what they do to achieve whatever they desire.
From sexual to human sacrifice, you name it, it is there.
Forcefully doing moola bandha, is one of them. They even do kundalini awakening though sexual activities.
They have their own arrangement for Sri Chakra also.
It is all crazy, bro.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Only problem here is, I don't have subscription. Will check it later, anyway.

About aghora path, they are not recommended for good people also. Many may go wrong path.
In shaktheya , there are some vamaachara upasana.
You will cringe if you learn what they do to achieve whatever they desire.
From sexual to human sacrifice, you name it, it is there.
Forcefully doing moola bandha, is one of them. They even do kundalini awakening though sexual activities.
They have their own arrangement for Sri Chakra also.
It is all crazy, bro.
human sacrifice, if any now, is not the 'aghora' way, but malpractice(s). sexual energy is the one which is evolutionary force (kundalini) in creatures, which is what is tapped/transmuted. some vamachar margis do use sexual methods, but they are not meant for pleasure-seeking, but to transmute that energy. its difficult to explain here. this practice is used for transcendence & NOT sexual bliss. the problem lies in the impression. westerners have hijacked the concepts & using it as a business to promote baseless stuff (tantra sex & what-not), which makes someone come under similar impression as you are carrying. there are many such i have seen.
Kinaram Aghori, Trailanga Swami, Gorakhnath, would you call them fallen ones or perverts? 'cringing' is the behaviour of the uninitiated & the unaware, like the abrahamics. Dharmics should explore that which looks fearful and repulsive on the outside, and not get swayed away & stay away due to pop-notions. the Shaakta path and more so Aghor are paths literally of fire and burning embers! but there's a very good reason to why some follow it. only the steeliest of steely resolved can go through. the Aghoris believe this world to be terrible and 'ghor'/dark (hence the term 'aghori'), and try to work their way from downwards, breaking the societally mentally conditioned shackles of 'good-bad', 'clean-dirty', etc. by first revelling in them to de-condition themselves out of the duality, then upwards towards oneness using the help of Shakti (for only Shakti/Mother can lead you to your Shiv/Father). hence you see what you see at the outset. but behind this vile fog things are entirely different. its a bit complicated and am not a good person to explain this properly.
so, like Swami Vivekananda said, do the thing you fear....i say go deep into the thing which you're finding cringeworthy now, to know more and know better. follow the works of Swami Rama, Pandit Tigunait, and some western authors like Dr. Robert Svoboda, Carl Jung, Sir John Woodroffe, etc. just set aside whatever you've seen/read/heard till now, be a clean slate, start over again, and on my personal recommendation, read what Pt. Tigunait and Dr. Svoboda have to tell. pick up the series 'Aghora' (ebooks also available). once you begin, i guarantee you it'll be very difficult to drop it! i have met/seen not ONE person who has to say bad things after reading that book. you'll be in for many amazements and pleasant shocks and will be able to see through many pop-myths surrounding this path, and realise how mughal & british & now american/sepoy narratives have made a mockery of this very sublime path. TRUST ME.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles