Bhagvad Gita faces legal ban in Russia

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Actually 2 out of 3 Tamil noble prize winners were US citizens(S. Chandrasekhar,V. Ramakrishnan-US citizen.Remember both R.Tagore,Mother Teresa and Amartya Sen were/are Indian citizens)
In that sense if you leave out M.Yunus it will be 2-1 for us.
I consider man's origins more than such technicalities. MTeresa was an Albanian and her winning Nobel prize does not mean anything. This is the same nonsense why some Nepalis are now saying that Buddha was a "Nepali" and some secular Pakistanis are saying that Panini was "Pakistani".

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Re: Massive Russian Military Movement

Simple,Pratap there were a lot of Shudras(I dont think they are called dalits but shudras) in West Bengal.They had been opressed and treated badly for centuries.Also Raja Ballal Sen had imposed stern measures against them.There were other factors like payment of jizyah during drought etc.Also some people from higher castes were forcibly converted to Islam(told you about Pirali Brahmins) by Nawabs.That is why there is a large population of Muslims in Bengal.
I believe unlike other places Bengalis were more hybrid of different tribes who came together in the current Bengal because of its prosperity. If you would note that Bengal was not only prosperous in form of agriculture, but also the Bengali merchants traded with present days Indonasia also. If you come to bengal you would understand my theory of different tribes just by observing so many varied phenotypes unlike anywhere in India. But as @Peter said, the rise of casteism in later during Sen regime the class difference grew so huge that the so called Shudras were persecuted rather badly - till the independence actually. Also, the same casteism prevented Bengali people to grow any religion-centric political unity when the muslims came calling. Therefore, unlike any other places, the muslim rulers had an uninterrupted rule for over 5 centuries in Bengal when varying degree of social and economical privileges to lower class hindus enticed them to convert.

Also, the muslim mo. which seems overwhelming to you in BD, you have to take in account that almost 70% of hindus who could have left for India during partition, giving Muslim far greater no. in BD.

Last edited by a moderator:

sam80

Our Media is idiot Sucking , Why they calling it "Geeta" ? It's not , It's something Mixed version of that Swami.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I consider man's origins more than such technicalities. MTeresa was an Albanian and her winning Nobel prize does not mean anything. This is the same nonsense why some Nepalis are now saying that Buddha was a "Nepali" and some secular Pakistanis are saying that Panini was "Pakistani".
Ok still we have got jointly the most number of Nobel prizes.Also R.Tagore was the first Asian to do so.

Coming to the topic I think despite all this, if people still believe that Russians are more religiously tolerant than US or even Indians,feel free to do so.I cannot change your views.However please don`t enforce your views on me.

(Also there are some people calling Bengalis hybrids.I really laugh at them.But then again it seems I cannot do anything in my power to stop them from doing so.Seems like its time to get out of this thread.)

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Thanks for response. I thought that sudras were also there in Bihar and UP and that too in large numbers. Anyway, if they converted to escape caste tyranny, why West Bengal Hindu sudras did not convert? In 1901, WB had more than 75 percent of its population as Hindu so are you saying that caste was not bad in WB but was oppressive in East Bengal?
You have to understand that to leave one's faith and accept another is never done lightly. Mostly, people either fed up with tyranny or with chance of better life converted, when most stayed because of faith in Deities - what you may call hindu dharma.

Do you know the Christians in Daman (I have seen it in Daman that is why I am telling) put Sindur (vermillion) and Mangalsutra after Christian ceremony? Or that many Muslims in Gujarat too?

It is faith.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Ok still we have got jointly the most number of Nobel prizes.Also R.Tagore was the first Asian to do so.

Coming to the topic I think despite all this, if people still believe that Russians are more religiously tolerant than US or even Indians,feel free to do so.I cannot change your views.However please don`t enforce your views on me.
It is not about Religious tolerance but about the Diplomatic relation with India, where the Ruskies trumps USA.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

@jackprince
I believe unlike other places Bengalis were more hybrid of different tribes who came together in the current Bengal because of its prosperity. If you would note that Bengal was not only prosperous in form of agriculture, but also the Bengali merchants traded with present days Indonasia also.
OK. I know great role of Bengal in creating"greater India" with nations of Burma, Thailand and Java learning their art, letters and religions from people of Gauda and Vanga.

. If you come to bengal you would understand my theory of different tribes just by observing so many varied phenotypes unlike anywhere in India.
I have seen this. There are brahmins (normally brahmins look alike in a single state)who look like north westerners, there are those looking like ordinary Tamilians and lot of them have clear mongoloid features .

But as @Peter said, the rise of casteism in later during Sen regime the class difference grew so huge that the so called Shudras were persecuted rather badly - till the independence actually. Also, the same casteism prevented Bengali people to grow any religion-centric political unity when the muslims came calling.
This is where problem begins. Was there no caste discrimination in UP and Bihar? Before that great man Madan Mohan Malaviya emerged, Dalits were treated very badly in Varanasi but numbers of muslim was less than Bengali cities.

Therefore, unlike any other places, the muslim rulers had an uninterrupted rule for over 5 centuries in Bengal when varying degree of social and economical privileges to lower class hindus enticed them to convert
In UP, it was for 6 centuries and we had no Raja Ganesh or Raja Keshav of Dhaka.

Also, the muslim mo. which seems overwhelming to you in BD, you have to take in account that almost 70% of hindus who could have left for India during partition, giving Muslim far greater no. in BD
I know as I have figures for 1921 Bengal. The percentage of muslims in east Bengal at that time was 69 percent and still it is very large. Muslims ruled UP for 6 centuries, Gujarat for 4 centuries and WBengal for 5 centuries and no where they gained more than 25 pc but in EBengal, the picture is radically different.

I have a theory that BD was not densely populated and muslims overpopulated hindus gradually. Does it make sense?

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
India for Indians means that just like Russia we recognize that there does exist a national group with its own distinctive culture, language and national heroes and we ask communities to integrate with us not allow them to have veto.
Syrian Christians, Armenians, Zoroastrians and Buddhists from Tibet have been shown how we treat communities distinct from national group. No reason why we should be apologetic about displaying Hindu symbols at national ceremonies. What is Hindu is unique to us, what is un hindu is relic of foreign conquerors. No more, no less.
As long as one swears total loyalty & absolute adherence to:

1) Indian constitution
2) Indian state
3) Indian ethos & values (simply, live & let live; nothing more)
4) & Indian identity, I am ok with any community regardless of origin.

That is why Modi's thinking resonates with majority of DFI.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

(Also there are some people calling Bengalis hybrids.I really laugh at them.But then again it seems I cannot do anything in my power to stop them from doing so.Seems like its time to get out of this thread.)
Peter, you know I have not been harsh with you so why you are asking me not to enforce my views?
The other poster said that Bengalis were intitally hybrid , not that they are now. You will not find brahmins in any other area with such prominent mongoloid features like Mamata Banerjee which confirms that lot of mixing has taken place.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

You have to understand that to leave one's faith and accept another is never done lightly. Mostly, people either fed up with tyranny or with chance of better life converted, when most stayed because of faith in Deities - what you may call hindu dharma.

Do you know the Christians in Daman (I have seen it in Daman that is why I am telling) put Sindur (vermillion) and Mangalsutra after Christian ceremony? Or that many Muslims in Gujarat too?

It is faith.
I have seen Muslims in Ghazipur( district near Varanasi) using same marriage mandaps as we have.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
As long as one swears total loyalty & absolute adherence to:

1) Indian constitution
2) Indian state
3) Indian ethos & values (simply, live & let live; nothing more)
4) & Indian identity, I am ok with any community regardless of origin.

That is why Modi's thinking resonates with majority of DFI.
What is Indian identity? Does Modi's view that Sher Shah was our ancestor reasonate with majority of DFI?

sam80

I hope Russians will solve this quickly , Why this issue is coming up again and again ? It creates lots of misunderstandings . Definitely there are some Orthodox christens who are feeling threatened and they calling for ban . Both parties need to talk and solve it .

I see some liberal reactions from other parts of Russia in Press , they are bashing that Particular orthodox christen Group .

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Peter, you know I have not been harsh with you so why you are asking me not to enforce my views?
The other poster said that Bengalis were intitally hybrid , not that they are now. You will not find brahmins in any other area with such prominent mongoloid features like Mamata Banerjee which confirms that lot of mixing has taken place.
I was referring to another poster.I did not tag him.

Also religion,genetics should never take a priority,We are all Indians and last time a stupid,hybrid Bengali like me checked India is a secular nation.This is my last quote here in this thread.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Also religion,genetics should never take a priority,We are all Indians and last time a stupid,hybrid Bengali like me checked India is a secular nation.This is my last quote here in this thread.
Hi I'm right here :)
PS: this thread has gone way OT

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

OK and I advise you to take a break from this thread. Lot of bad blood has been created as of now. You are free to ignore my advice as I can not enforce you for this.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
What is Indian identity? Does Modi's view that Sher Shah was our ancestor reasonate with majority of DFI?
You are nit-picking. Don't you know what Modi stands for ? Such selective potshots do not undermine the grand idea of India that Modi promises.

The idea is: India first- Justice for all, appeasement to none.

India as a modern nation-state is hardly 67 years old. Indian identity is being forged / re-defined & Modi is leading this transformation.

What is so complicated here ?

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
You are nit-picking. Don't you know what Modi stands for ? Such selective potshots do not undermine the grand idea of India that Modi promises.

The idea is: India first- Justice for all, appeasement to none.

India as a modern nation-state is hardly 67 years old. Indian identity is being forged / re-defined & Modi is leading this transformation.

What is so complicated here ?
Nothing but @civfanatic at other forum said that India was a fake nation and has no identity. One can not use circular arguments like our indian identity is Indian identity. However, I agree that these are just points for discussion with no practical relevance. British created our nation and now it is certain that it would last for much longer period of time than they expected. Let us hope that Modi is not voted out in next election as we need him till 2029 atleast.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Nothing but @civfanatic at other forum said that India was a fake nation and has no identity. One can not use circular arguments like our indian identity is Indian identity. However, I agree that these are just points for discussion with no practical relevance. British created our nation and now it is certain that it would last for much longer period of time than they expected. Let us hope that Modi is not voted out in next election as we need him till 2029 atleast.
US of A was created by British and we are not fake nation. Get over it. :thumb:

Don't even ask me what pic means.

mikhail

Country flag

Don't worry man. West Bengal will be Hindu Minority State in few decades and it will be banned there too, why blame Russians now.
Nah that day won't come in the near future.People in West Bengal nowadays have a lot of resentment against the illegal bangaldeshi pole vaulters and our resentment is only growing stronger by the each passing day.So don't be surprised if an incident in the lines of the Nellie massacre happens in Bengal in the coming year(I am not saying that it will happen but there is a significant probability if the GoI doesn't check this massive influx).The people living in the border districts are slowly getting fed up with this constant influx of illegal pole vaulters and emoyions are running quite high these days in the Indo-Bangaldesh border area.Iknow this because some of my college friends were from those areas and they were totally against these BD lungiwalas.I have never seen people holding such grudge against Bangaldesh,they told me that the majority of the original residents of the border area hated these pole vaulters from the core of their hearts and a large scale conflict could start in those areas in the near future due to this issue.
The real culprits for this massive demographic change are the commie jholawalas who helped these pole vaulters to cross into Bengal and provided them with legal documents like ration cards in exchange for their allegiance to the Left front Govt.:tsk:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

Nah that day won't come in the near future.People in West Bengal nowadays have a lot of resentment against the illegal bangaldeshi pole vaulters and our resentment is only growing stronger by the each passing day.So don't be surprised if an incident in the lines of the Nellie massacre happens in Bengal in the coming year(I am not saying that it will happen but there is a significant probability if the GoI doesn't check this massive influx).The people living in the border districts are slowly getting fed up with this constant influx of illegal pole vaulters and emoyions are running quite high these days in the Indo-Bangaldesh border area.Iknow this because some of my college friends were from those areas and they were totally against these BD lungiwalas.I have never seen people holding such grudge against Bangaldesh,they told me that the majority of the original residents of the border area hated these pole vaulters from the core of their hearts and a large scale conflict could start in those areas in the near future due to this issue.
The real culprits for this massive demographic change are the commie jholawalas who helped these pole vaulters to cross into Bengal and provided them with legal documents like ration cards in exchange for their allegiance to the Left front Govt.:tsk:
Mamata is no better in this regard. WBengal does not run risk of being Islamic state solely due to BD immigrants but also due to rise in Muslim population. Right now, they are 35 percent and if we assume that every decade sees them growing by atleast 3 percent more than Hindus , then combine that with BD immigrants and we get Muslim majority Bengal.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles