Better not travel to these places in 2011, dangerous!

kickok1975

Hugo Chavez is not a bad guy, thats US propaganda. He is legitimately elected by he people of his country and Venezuela is a peaceful nation. Watch the documentary "South of the Border" by Oliver Stone. You will see the truth about South America and Hugo Chavez, he is really a nice guy.
He might not be a bad guy, but he is becoming a dictator guy.

amoy

Pakistan - In geopolitics and economy it may be China's ally / partner. But at a people-to-people level it can be as distant as Mars. Kidnaps, terrorist attacks, politics, whatever is aired in TV news "almost daily" sounds always so negative, scaring tourists away.

India - Once I saw a tourist agency offered (years ago) Y7,000 for a 6-day tour in India. I thought it was a bargain. But warnings in those travelogues like 'don't eat this or that' or 'bodies floating on Bumaputra' blah blah wiped that plan off my mind immediately.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to go to China (mainland), because to kids, TV always showed China as a land of fireworks, paper kites, noodles, and toys. A trip to China isn't expensive either...but then I discovered that China has a totalitarian regime, and you never know when the government would kidnap you suspecting espionage, etc. Then I watched the Hollywood movie Red Corner. So I wiped off that plan.

niharjhatn

Pakistan - In geopolitics and economy it may be China's ally / partner. But at a people-to-people level it can be as distant as Mars. Kidnaps, terrorist attacks, politics, whatever is aired in TV news "almost daily" sounds always so negative, scaring tourists away.

India - Once I saw a tourist agency offered (years ago) Y7,000 for a 6-day tour in India. I thought it was a bargain. But warnings in those travelogues like 'don't eat this or that' or 'bodies floating on Bumaputra' blah blah wiped that plan off my mind immediately.
That's rich, coming from a Chinaman.

If I were to ever consider going to China, I'd have to pack enough food for my self first. Don't trust any of the stuff from restaurants run by Chinese.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Leaving the Yanks' propaganda apart, I would not exactly call that man a "nice guy". He's a virtual dictator who has held onto power through force and silencing--similar to what the present AKP Turkish party is doing according to many Turks. Now don't get me wrong-- I am the last person to be a democracy puppy-boy. I got no qualms about how he rules his country; but Venezuela has seen some serious unrest from political opposition and Chevez clamping them down with force. He has nationalized all the oil companies and other industrial sectors bringing a serious level of red tapism and slowing Venezuela's industrial growth. There had been some riots a few months back on this in Caracas.

As for Yanks' words; they are getting shallower and shallower; some stupid rights body in their government puts India along Afghanistan in terms of religious "freedom" when we all know how much the Con party bends backwards for votebank and silencing of any "undesirable news". Another body suggests that our space activities must be monitored considering that we might 'weaponize' the space (Goodness knows what that means because it would be an industrial miracle if DRDO could make a 'Death Star' to scare the daylights out of US strategists.. LOL!).

To them Burma is the biggest threat in this part of the world when they are not taking action against a nuclear DPRK that is a threat to ROK and Japan and a fundamentalist-terror factory Pakistan that is a threat to everyone from Israel to India in this region. They question our transparency when a non-Muslim entering their darling Saudi is searched for some visible religious symbols that are simply thrown into the dumpster (there is this Swiss Hindu guy I chatted up on PDF who told me about this nasty truth he experienced in the KSA.. guess he is around this forum as well) and this is simply ignored.

And it would be great if our weaklings in Con party like MMS and rest of Sonia's Puppet Show don't give in to US pressures for big ticket deals that curb our political autonomy in the future.
I suggest you watch the documentary called South of the Boarder, its free online and very interesting. No politician is a good guy but he is still better than George Bush. He is not a dictator, he was elected by the people. He was deposed and re-elected 13times. If that is not democratic i dont know what is. He has faced more elections than anyone in Americas.

kickok1975

Yeman

A place increasingly becomes Africa's Afganistan. Watchout all the mail coming from that country. It might be a bomb!
Avoid Travel Index: 5.0

kickok1975

South Korea

What, South Korea? How could it be? Well the country is prosperous. But it would be the first country after Japan to suffer Nuclear attack, biochemistry attack thanks to dear leader Kim Jong IL. You better choose the right time to visit the country otherwise you might be one of the victim.
Avoid Travel Index: 2.5

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Now since you mentioned South Korea,

Taiwan

Although Taiwan (R.O.C.) is a sprawling island nation with exotic beach villages and a booming metropolis in Taipei, it is the third country that could suffer a large-scale missile attack, biochemical attack, thanks to its own ethnic brethren from Communist China.

Avoid Travel Index: 3.0

kickok1975

Iran

Uncle Sam will keep a blind eye on Israel Nuclear weapon, not Iran. Iran is called member of Axis of Evil by Mr. Bush. US and Israel will not tolerate Iran's nuclear development. We just don't know when they are going to attack.
Avoid Travel Index: 3.5

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That's rich, coming from a Chinaman.

If I were to ever consider going to China, I'd have to pack enough food for my self first. Don't trust any of the stuff from restaurants run by Chinese.
Chinaman is a cricketing term.

It means Left-arm unorthodox spin. Left-arm unorthodox spin bowlers uses a wrist hand action to spin the ball which turns from off to leg side of the cricket pitch. The direction of turn is the same as that of a traditional right-handed off spin bowler, however, the ball will usually turn more sharply due to the spin being imparted predominantly by the wrist.

It is not correct to call Chinese as 'Chinaman' or 'Chink'.

Racial slur Must be avoided.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Actually, these are the places one should travel to.

They are in the exciting phase of their history!

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
so much agree with ray sir, these places would in fact be of so much interest to see things first hand of what all is happening in there, different to the usual lopsided point of view expressed in international media about these places. the real adventure if one is looking for, the thrill associated and the constant threat of getting kidnapped if one is not careful enough which can get rather gruesome.

coming to cricket, there is also this term chinese cut or french cut as well, one wonders how did these terms get their names since neither the chinese nor the french have had a long history of playing cricket.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles