Besides Egypt, Who are America's Other Most Embarrassing Allies?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
America prefers democracies hence NATO, dictatorship and princely states are a necessary headache.
America just prefers control...It'll topple a democracy and install a dictator if it suits it's interest

Oracle

America prefers democracies hence NATO, dictatorship and princely states are a necessary headache.
And one of them kicked US' ass big time, killing innocent civilians. 9/11, remember? US is riddled with faulty foreign policies right from it's inception. The least said about it the better.

JayATL

America just prefers control...It'll topple a democracy and install a dictator if it suits it's interest
Control = leverage and every country would like it . You may have a rose colored vision of the world but every country would love to have such leverage. does India not enjoy it in some cases and seek such . if you don't then there goes its Super Power aspirations.

Look, I know it's cool in some quarters to be anti America. But in the real world, blanket statements like that only make you look stunted.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Control = leverage and every country would like it . You may have a rose colored vision of the world but every country would love to have such leave age. does India not enjoy it in some cases and seek such . if you don't then there goes its Super Power aspirations.
Did I say that it's wrong to desire leverage? I merely pointing to your blanket statement

Fact: America has a history of toppling democracies in favour of dictatorships/authoritarian regimes (for control)

Look, I know it's cool in some quarters to be anti America. But in the real world, blanket statements like that only make you look stunted.
See above

Last edited:

JayATL

Maybe I lost you when I used the word " prefers" . To me and I suspect most- that 's not a blanket statement. It speaks to preference. example: I prefer great sex but will take a hand job in lieu of it sometimes .

( :)not to graphic I hope for this place, i see worse on the shout box)

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
verbal diarrhea

By JAMES RISEN

The Central Intelligence Agency's secret history of its covert operation to overthrow Iran's government in 1953 offers an inside look at how the agency stumbled into success, despite a series of mishaps that derailed its original plans.

Written in 1954 by one of the coup's chief planners, the history details how United States and British officials plotted the military coup that returned the shah of Iran to power and toppled Iran's elected prime minister, an ardent nationalist.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/mideast/041600iran-cia-index.html

JayATL

and? who disputed your claim of past dictatorships being anointed by the US?... I suspect we have a language problem here. At this stage your arguing and debating yourself.

johnee

Pakistan is not the ally of America ALONE. It is the ally of China, UAE and even UK. Thus, Pakistan is a combined ally and thus a combined embarrassment to all its allies. Of course, US shares the major burden...

sandeepdg

Other than the European countries and some countries in Asia, most countries that US supports in the third world hardly have a reputation worth discussing about. And, anyway most of its European allies are mostly first world nations, so we can best keep them out.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles