BENGALURU’S NIGHT OF SHAME

Failed_pakistani

@Pandora Are you being sarcastic or do you really believe that nonsense?

Since when did clothing become "Western"? Do you wear jeans and T-shirt? Where did that come from? Khadi Gramudyog?

Who the heck are you to decide what is a strict no no in India?

If tomorrow a bunch of "peacefuls" move into your area, become a majority and issue a fatwa that women who fail to "cover up" regardless of religion are responsible for what happens to them, will you accept that as the "dictats of society we are living in"?

And what the bleeding hell is "sexually deprived"? If someone is "sexually deprived" how is that another's problem? Go court a girl/aunty/madam who'll agree to go to bed with you, pay for it if you must, or else jack off into the Raatrani ka gamla? Who gave them the right to go and molest girls?
Its nothing about Western or Eastern Clothing. Brother here most of the media coverage is given to mass molestation in MG road .
Brother you know it is a red light area of India,where only "Sexually deprived" go.
That area is full of pubs and bars . These "Sexually deprived" do these things daily to whores there(I mean those harlots let them to do it ,so that they can get money after the BANG).
These "Sexually Deprived" when hit these bars and pubs on new year's eve ,and they are so drunk that when they see women(who are not harlots or mixtures of whores and other women),they cannot differentiate between the two and then they become"MOLESTARS".
For these ugly idiot drunk "sexually deprived" animals it is a normal thing. But for girls who came to these areas ( they are from society where now Sex is only a casual thing now) it is like a "PRE RAPE period" i.e Molestation.
So Please I want to say that stop defaming whole Banglore and India on this act.
People especially girls should not go to these areas as it will be dangerous for them to move into these areas. No police in these can control.All we can do is to shut those bars and spread them in entire city. SO that these "Sexually deprived" cannot form a face of UGLY MOB.
It is not about misogynistic thinking of men or sexual starvation of men.
These things happen when a educated people who are too intellectuals thinks that "no one can harm them and we are safe " ( by watching police who are very less in number)meets a group of animals who watch B grade movies and stuff like that and still have not adopted to lifestyle which is being lived those educated group.

Levina

A feminist who is a Doval fan
Country flag
How is it fair that for say 5-10 min. of molestation a guy has languish in prison for up to 2 years and get ass-raped every other Tuesday?
Don't mind me saying this but it seems you take molestation very lightly.
Let me give you a situation similar to what you've stated:
What if you were to be molested by a man who physically towers you, for mere 10-15mins???
Any idea how helpless you might feel? Or that the incident might leave you permanently scarred? (I mean mentally).

lso you do realize that these molestation/rape/divorce "laws" are abused by women, right? It's not just men who abuse laws.
Merely because there are some who abuse law doesn't mean you stop punishing the perpetrators.
Should not the law enforcement be done more strictly? Should not misleading the court and wasting its time be punishable?
Make better laws and get done with the redundant system that exists.

Failed_pakistani

What if you were to be molested by a man who physically towers you, for mere 10-15mins???
Any idea how helpless you might feel? Or that the incident might leave you permanently scarred? (I mean mentally).

Merely because there are some who abuse law doesn't mean you stop punishing the perpetrators.
Should not the law enforcement be done more strictly? Should not misleading the court and wasting its time be punishable?
If I was being molested ,then i would have given a reply right there .
No-one can get ass raped for molesting a girl who is in red light area.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I do understand it can be a painful experience and can possibly leave a lasting effect on the woman's (or man's) psyche.
Don't mind me saying this but reality is reality.
What I can say is something like this:
Unless one takes proper precautions (eg: covering for the fingers,) playing with a knife or moving your finger carelessly around knives, can lead to cuts.
Knives tend to be sharp and fingers soft.
Their roles in the kitchen are different and important in their own ways.
They are not equal as some modern scientists think.
It would be futile to change the character of either, and lose their functionality.
When knife-knife clashes happen it damages both and therefore is generally avoided.

Hope I make sense, usually I don't.

Affirmative.

Bahamut

Molestation is not taken lightly by any of us, the problem is that molestation is not a crime which demand a very heavy punishment. Sure the fine should be increase but jail is too much and should be used only for serious offenders. Plus is any one try to molest me, I try to fight back or run away. If you are being molested then instead of just standing there fight back. Where ever self defense class are brought for both men and women, the crime rate decrease. The police and government cannot do every thing and we citizens have to take some responsibility on ourselves to.

Bahamut

Please go and look at the no of false rape cases,it is close to 53.3% for period of 2013-2014.And the very reason women are given in a privilege position in judicial system because of feminist putting pressure police, lawmakers and judge to treat them in a different way. Just thing if molestation law are made more strict the no false case will be very high, close to 60%.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Shameful. We must start limiting the amount of alcohol that can be served to a single person in bar, nightclub and hotels.
It's not the problem of alcohol rather it's a problem with the people and their mentality.

Bahamut

It's not the problem of alcohol rather it's a problem with the people and their mentality.
What can you control alcohol or people mentality? Alcohol reduce the restrain a normal person would have and let his/her inner feeling show in a crude way.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag

One year is a decent amount of time in jail for groping someone. Getting off with a fine is absurd. Problem is the Indian judicial system will be so backlogged that the girl won't be able to pursue the case because it will take many many years. Also, no background checks for people like Western countries means there are no real consequences after jail time. @Screambowl is saying "career khraab ho jayega" but where is the pan Indian criminal database? What is preventing the guy from moving to a different state and how is anybody going to find out about his past?

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Oye Oye you all are talking about strict laws but what about fake cases. How do we differentiate between a real case and a fake case of molestation.
Depends on the evidence available before the judge right? Innocent until proven guilty by substantial evidence like video/eyewitness testimony. For these jerks who are caught on video, throw the book at them and make them bleed.

How is it fair that for say 5-10 min. of molestation a guy has languish in prison for up to 2 years and get ass-raped every other Tuesday?
Molest him back or give him a good thrashing. After all they tell me this is an age of equality and men and women must be treated equally.

Also you do realize that these molestation/rape/divorce "laws" are abused by women, right? It's not just men who abuse laws.

:scared1:
It is not about 5-10 minutes of molestation. It is an assault on the dignity of the individual as well as against the constitution of India, the victim is never going to get over the feeling of helplessness in their life.

scatterStorm

Country flag
The country with more than a billion population, yet our society is so moot and numb on the topic of sex-education. The biggest irony is ... our country is obsessed with sex, we are the second horniest population on earth with many uneducated farts, no wonder why such events happen.

I think the whole incident was just what we statisticians call the "butterfly effect", small chains of event often give rise to full blown chaos. This incident is indeed a very shameful and downright cowardly act, I saw the video and the molesters were literally beating the girls too! I can't fathom what the victims were going through.

Nevertheless, I think few people over here just downright blaming alcohol, dress, western culture for this. I completely disagree, As per my personal experience ... I've been drunk as hell, hangout with women wearing western clothing, indulged into sexual activity with my lady, so yeah been there done that. IMO the whole thing boils down to "control of sexual arousal", very pathetic criminal justice system and parent's not indulging into sex-education-talk with kids(mainly to a male). To me personally my parents are the biggest fear(yup, guilty as charged), they also gave me the sex-talk(in my teen days, dad did it and it was awkward as hell) but my schooling played a downright role in what I am today. I remember Father Mathews giving us the last lecture of moral science, he was the coolest principle I ever had. He told me and my batch mates to respect women and that we down right owe them for our lives(mom brought me to this life) so never disrespect them or force them to do something they aren't comfortable with.

This reminds me of an incident when my lady and me were having a good time, cuddling and then things led to other, but then home run was near and then she stopped me, she said very cutely ... "Don't do something that can have severe repercussions that we may not know yet", she said in a way, her voice completely struck me in my heart, that she lay upon whole trust in me up till now. I stopped the fuck right away(it felt wrong in many ways). Later that I knew that my respect for her would ripe positive fruits for both of us, few months later I made love to her and to this day we are together and I hope we marry soon.

"Sexual control" is what makes men a man, strict laws make criminals piss in there pants, right education makes people complete". I hope I've put my point although it went a bit personal.

Bahamut

The country with more than a billion population, yet our society is so moot and numb on the topic of sex-education. The biggest irony is ... our country is obsessed with sex, we are the second horniest population on earth with many uneducated farts, no wonder why such events happen.

I think the whole incident was just what we statisticians call the "butterfly effect", small chains of event often give rise to full blown chaos. This incident is indeed a very shameful and downright cowardly act, I saw the video and the molesters were literally beating the girls too! I can't fathom what the victims were going through.

Nevertheless, I think few people over here just downright blaming alcohol, dress, western culture for this. I completely disagree, As per my personal experience ... I've been drunk as hell, hangout with women wearing western clothing, indulged into sexual activity with my lady, so yeah been there done that. IMO the whole thing boils down to "control of sexual arousal", very pathetic criminal justice system and parent's not indulging into sex-education-talk with kids(mainly to a male). To me personally my parents are the biggest fear(yup, guilty as charged), they also gave me the sex-talk(in my teen days, dad did it and it was awkward as hell) but my schooling played a downright role in what I am today. I remember Father Mathews giving us the last lecture of moral science, he was the coolest principle I ever had. He told me and my batch mates to respect women and that we down right owe them for our lives(mom brought me to this life) so never disrespect them or force them to do something they aren't comfortable with.

This reminds me of an incident when my lady and me were having a good time, cuddling and then things led to other, but then home run was near and then she stopped me, she said very cutely ... "Don't do something that can have severe repercussions that we may not know yet", she said in a way, her voice completely struck me in my heart, that she lay upon whole trust in me up till now. I stopped the fuck right away(it felt wrong in many ways). Later that I knew that my respect for her would ripe positive fruits for both of us, few months later I made love to her and to this day we are together and I hope we marry soon.

"Sexual control" is what makes men a man, strict laws make criminals piss in there pants, right education makes people complete". I hope I've put my point although it went a bit personal.
Good parenting does reduce crime rate but strict law are presently not the way out. Look at rape cases, the law became strict and no of fake rape cases rise to 53%. We need a multi directional approach that includes self defences class, control on establishment liquor sale, educating the offender are their crime and increase in fine. Plus there should be a increase in police force and their training and they must remove politician interferences in police.

alphacentury

Country flag
Dafuq did i read.........:lawl:

and parent's not indulging into sex-education-talk with kids(mainly to a male)
:ghey:

Disturbing. I need a neuralyzer.

"Sexual control" is what makes men a man,
I think it was just having a dick.

</jk>

prohumanity

Country flag
Women should enlist men who believe in dignity and respect for women and then, those who are doing such shameful acts can be controlled and punished.

Do Not let rabid feminists hijack the agenda..and create a gender war in India.

There may be at least more than 50-60% Indian men who will love to stand with women to deal with these disgusting men who act so brutally against women.

Let this be fight between women and men who truly love and respect women on one side ..AGAINST those primitive bastard men who hate and degrade women.

Men and women in neighborhoods can make protection groups to deal with bullies and goons who molest or insult women.

Failed_pakistani

Women should enlist men who believe in dignity and respect for women and then, those who are doing such shameful acts can be controlled and punished.

Do Not let rabid feminists hijack the agenda..and create a gender war in India.

There may be at least more than 50-60% Indian men who will love to stand with women to deal with these disgusting men who act so brutally against women.

Let this be fight between women and men who truly love and respect women on one side ..AGAINST those primitive bastard men who hate and degrade women.

Men and women in neighborhoods can make protection groups to deal with bullies and goons who molest or insult women.
we worship women here which we have not seen yet and we molest whom we have seen. What a shame.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
there is a reason why these female molestation cases do not get traction, once you dig deeper not all of them are genuine.

Mumbai Crime: Woman's attacker caught, and it's the woman herself!

An attack on a woman in Mumbai on Thursday night, which had left everyone shocked, has turned out to have been planned by the victim herself with her boyfriend. Priyanka Hetpure (28) had claimed to have been attacked by an unknown guy, who had “tried to stab her when she was waiting for her boyfriend”.

The police got suspicious about the couple during investigation; on being questioned repeatedly, the two confessed to having planned it.

True or false?
Nair hospital in Mumbai Central had contacted the Tardeo police around 8.30 pm yesterday, saying that a woman having a cut on the left side of her neck has been brought in for admission by her boyfriend.

Officers reached the hospital. Hetpure told them that she was attacked outside Gate No. 1 of Mahalaxmi Racecourse. Her boyfriend said he found her under the tree bleeding and crying for help.

“A team was sent to the spot and an inquiry was initiated; our officer started taking down the couple’s statement. We found some gaps in their claims,” said one officer.

“She wasn’t able to narrate the incident properly. When we asked her to describe the attacker, she said she didn’t remember anything. Then we questioned the boyfriend, who cracked and confessed.”

Stiff opposition
Hetpure, a divorcee and mother of a five-year-old, has been dating the 22-year-old for a while. The boy’s parents are against their relationship.

“The two had decided to get married in court. But the boy had told her to wait for a few more days as his parents were not ready, which had irked her. She then told him that they could pressure them by staging an attack to gain sympathy and to show how much they are in love with each other,” said the officer.
http://m.mid-day.com/articles/mahal...ht-boyfriend-probe-mumbai-crime-news/17891170

IndianHawk

Country flag
The two had decided to get married in court. But the boy had told her to wait for a few more days as his parents were not ready, which had irked her. She then told him that they could pressure them by staging an attack to gain sympathy and to show how much they are in love with each other,” said the officer.
I know this is a serious thread but still:pound::pound::pound::pound:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
This article gives a more realistic depiction of the actual problem, also indicates that local police do take care of these things. But police cant be everywhere, citizens have to do their bit..
=========
Men aren’t good enough, good aren’t men enough – the problem with women’s safety

Life in a sleepy industrial township is mellow. With a multicultural population comprising mostly of educated employees sourced from across India, one would expect a degree of maturity in the township’s culture; and so it was in Bokaro, at least as much as I can remember from my early childhood.

The politics of a life as a child is also simple, your siblings double up as your best friends and worst enemies. Parents play the role of super-national bodies dictating peace and threatening economic blockades and military action if ever there is a breach. Such was my life too. As the youngest of four, I was closest to my sister who is 6 years elder to me.

This little simple world, in the ideal town, changed for us as we grew up. In the same locality was a gang of boys who had grown in age and size but were fast depreciating in character. Cat-calling, eve teasing were increasingly becoming commonplace. I had seen bloody brawls with bare knuckles, sticks, stones by the time I was 8-9. Everyone was generally scared of these guys and they were getting emboldened day-by-day feasting on this fear.

I am writing this in the backdrop of the mass molestation in Bangalore on the first day of 2017. Enough intellectual jiggling has happened over what women should do to be safe and what society should do to keep women safe. Useful theories like “All men are potentially rapists” have been propounded, which effectively drives us towards leveraging technologies like in-vitro spermatogenesis and eventual eradication of human male species. Less radical and ideas like “Change all men’s mentality” have also been brought forward. However mentality change might take time on a generational scale and until that happens, and before facing eventual annihilation for being a man, I wish to explore why the bad men stand at the front of representing manhood and why the good men are not men enough (with due advance apologies to the feminists).

The next few incidents are real anecdotes from my life, with some men who were sexual predators, some “good” men, who were not men enough, and why.

I was 8-9 years old. My sister was 14-15. We are from a conservative North Indian family. It was the 90s, fashion as it is now, had not picked up. It was a township, far removed from metro culture. My sister would wear frocks, t-shirts and trousers at home but would always change into salwar-kameez if she had to step out.

My mother once told my sister to get sooji (semolina) to make halwa (porridge) as we were expecting some guests. She tagged me along. The shop was about 400 meters away. It was dusk, the night was claiming the skies fast. I was walking, holding her hand when a voice called from behind – “O madam, time kya ho raha hai?” (O madam, what is the time?).

My sister’s pace hastened. Holding her hand and walking along I looked up and saw her looking down, fixated on the road beneath, walking very fast to the point where I had to gallop a little to keep up.

I was a kid but I was not stupid. I knew what was going on. I asked, “Wapas ghar chalein?” (Should we go back home). But she was in a battle with herself. She was reacting to the cat-calling but did not want to be seen doing it. She said, “Jaldi chalo nahi toh mummy daantegi” (Let’s make it fast or mother will be angry).

We took a longer roundabout route back home to avoid them. She never told our parents about this incident, neither did I. I don’t know if she was trying to be brave and assure herself that she can deal with it, or if she was afraid that our parents would interrogate her first as to why she attracted such attention. Thereon she seldom left home for the extended neighborhood. She would always prod me to go to the shop. But I had my own fears…

Few days after this incident, we had come to know that another girl was being harassed by the same gang of guys. She had once replied back to them. In revenge for the “insult”, they got hold of her younger brother when he was playing in the ground. He was in my age group. They tore his clothes off and had him run back home almost naked. I, in turn, had given up going to the ground. So I believe, had others who had sisters.

But I had to follow orders and go to the shop. On one of such visits, I was called by one of the guys in the gang. He was called “Mantu”. “Aye babu… idhar aao…” (Hey kid.. come here). I was too scared to not obey. I was already imagining myself naked and looking around for bushes where I could hide until it became dark, also fearing if a snake would bite me at a place where I can’t tie a rope or make a cut. But that didn’t happen.

There was a long inconsequential talk for about 15-20 mins about things like “Kya naam hai… Bada badhiya naam hai… Shankar ji ka naam hai ee toh… Koun iskool me padhte ho… Bada badhiya iskool hai…” (What is your name… What a nice name… It is Lord Shankar’s name… In which school do you study… It’s a very good school…) This was repeated on more occasions when I went to the shop.

I had started to develop gradual fascination for the power those guys wielded, of how they could stop and talk to anyone, how shopkeepers, doodh-walas crossing by, would greet them, how they could have samosas and not pay and yet the samosa-wala would say, “Phir aaiyega bhaiya” (Please come again bhaiya).

My mother was getting suspicious as to why I always get back late from the shop. She followed me once, saw me talking to them happily, called me back from afar, took me home and gave me a mighty thrashing for talking to the already infamous bunch! My mother’s fear prevailed and I always avoided them thereafter, taking the longer route, changing my path when I saw them.

In retrospect, the beating was God’s hand correcting my path and the fear of my mother’s beating was a divine shield protecting my character!

On another occasion, they rounded up another guy in the colony. He was a handicapped guy. He had a sister who too had dared to talk back at them for their advances. They were beating him up in the middle of the road. It was a weekend when all the “good men”, fathers, brothers, were at home. At once, many men came out from all around, in balconies, outside their buildings, on the street.

Ab bahut hua… Ab hadh ho gaya… Ab ee lanth log ko sabak sikhana hoga…” (It’s enough… They have crossed the limit… These goons must be taught a lesson…) It looked like the end of the reign of terror!! But the goon-in-chief, “Mantu” was calm. He stopped the beating and calmly went back up the street. In two minutes, he was back raging like a mad bull and with a pistol in his hand!! “Koun bola re… kisko himmat hua re… koun aayega… aao sala…” (Who was yelling at us… How has the guts… who will face us… come now..) he yelled, and fired two rounds in the air!

All the good men were silenced in the middle of valiant war-cries! I saw two things for the first time that day – a pistol in action and a mass-freezing event with all the good men frozen in their snarls!

Out came the aunties and pulled the men inside, many willingly went in. Some good men tried to resist to give credence to future claims of “Sala bandook nahi hota toh maar dete usko…” (I would have killed them if they were not carrying a gun), but they eventually agreed and went inside homes. The neighborhood was desolate again and the reign of terror was re-established after 15 mins of freedom.

This reign of terror, molestation, eve teasing, cat calling continued for a couple of years. For a couple of years, my sister, just as other girls, didn’t go out in the neighborhood. For a couple of years, boys with sisters didn’t go out to play in the playgrounds. For a couple of years, the good men told their families to be careful and not venture out when they left for work.

In those couple of years, I saw how papas are not powerful, how puny, insignificant and scared (for explicable reasons) the mighty men in the homes are. It stands to reason that this loss of awe and respect for the patriarch of the family and other families around and the feeling of powerlessness, would aggravate youngsters’ issues during their teenage rebel days, and drive them on a quest of immediate power, rather than morality, and give them a sense of perceived impunity.

The terror ended when a new SP (IPS) came to town. I don’t quite remember if it was Mr. Dinesh Singh Bisht or Mr. Sunil Palta, but he was very strict and always had his way. The gang suddenly disappeared. Every few days one of them would be seen with bandages, limping, twisted, scarred, swollen. We stopped seeing them after a while. Youngsters who had begun to flock to them and were learning “skills” under their tutelage were also not to be seen at their marked spots. It was this simple. Peace had returned!

All higher ideals aside, I believe it was plain simple fear that worked for them, when they silenced the good men into submission and against them when the police reoriented their consciences with their batons. This, I guess, is the language that men who didn’t learn enough as boys, understand.

The higher ideals, family values, education, sensitization etc. work during the formative years, with boys who are yet to be cast into a mould. As with us, when our testosterones introduced themselves and ran amok, we started looking differently at the same girls, many of whom we had known since kindergarten. But we were driven to win hearts and we vaguely knew how to go about it and molesting was certainly not the way to do it.

These ideals, mostly bred in the family and at school, stop you from taking the wrong path and give you the good fear of dishonorable conduct and of law. Sensitization, co-education give you empathy with the girls who are victims of sexist crimes. More importantly, they give insights, suggest acceptable ways in which you can creatively address your attraction, so you are not driven to desperation.

The perplexing question however is, why are the good men who wouldn’t indulge in crimes themselves, not man up and stand against these crimes as men should. How could predators be emboldened enough to molest at such a large scale, with an air of impunity, in Bangalore? Where were all the good men? Where are the good men when a lone girl is molested in a crowd of hundreds by 4-5 predators?

Violence is the crude dynamics of power. Molestation is an act of accessing and abusing without consent, the body, which is a very private possession of the individual. Through molestation, the criminal says, “I am so brave and powerful, I can take what you have claims over, whether you like it or not”.

The good man, on the contrary, is one who is ready to relinquish all claims and buy a quiet way out.

Perhaps, our definition of “good” is flawed. We identify the good man as a passive being who does not fall into trouble, who is shrunk in himself and is benign to the world, who may not help but also does not harm others. In effect, we identify those men as good who honor every fear around and postpone every fight for later, when risks are minimized.

The “good man” is afraid of physical harm to himself, harm to his family. His family and he find dishonor in a policeman visiting his home. A good man is worried about tomorrow before attending to his today. And ironically, even the fear and awe of law seems to bother only the good man, not the criminal!

Our socio-legal systems and institutions, and our value systems are giving us a goodness that is not good enough, and good men, who are not men enough.

There is more to this which I wish to share, of what it took to stand up and resist, but that is perhaps for another time.

http://www.opindia.com/2017/01/men-...-arent-men-enough-problem-with-womens-safety/

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles