BENGALURU’S NIGHT OF SHAME

alphacentury

Country flag
So what are the reasons this happened (and it is a combination of reasons, not a single one like say alcohol or say micro-minis etc)
And how to tackle each reason.
I think the primary reason is mob mentality but other factors have also contributed its own bits.

Please discuss.
You have to see, why everybody sees rape, molestation or any violence against women as a grave issue. Its because up until now dignity of a woman and sex were considered important things in society and also at individual level. It was not a casual/trivial thing. Parents had more control/authority over children, including these matters.

But, today things are opposite. You cant have a ‘casual sex’ culture and at the same time ask people to take ‘dignity,honor of women’ seriously.
And I would not want our country to open up more sexually like some suggest, It will eventually lead to trivialization of crimes such as rape, as it is now in west and will also bring hordes of different problem.

Impact of Baliwood/regional cinema. Things are depicted badly in movies, but one expects a sane person to not pick up on it. Movies depict a lot of things, cat calling/harassment to ‘muh lyf muh rulez’ and other such nonsense. The latter is equally bad, only that its effect are longterm and invisible at first, and also has approval of most people today.

Another thing I have noticed is, peer pressure. Like most teenagers start with cigarette/daru to impress friends/seniors to get in their group. It has also became same with cat calling etc. A person alone wont do such things, but in group he does to impress people. I don’t know if they pick all this from movies or are just plain stupid. But, its nothing that a good thrashing cant solve.

Mob Mentality, particularly in this case. I don’t have to explain it.

Law and order: Most important pillar, but we all know the standard of law exercise in India. Its lax/inept in every dept from traffic policing to riot management/petty crimes/grave crimes, not to mention corruption in police circles. So, in this case also its not shocking. Even the policewomen themselves got molested during azad maidan riots.
Police is just unable(doesn’t want) to instill fear into criminal’s mind, but harasses common folks. If I feel I can get away with a crime without any repercussion, I will do it. We have to look at every crime from this angle. No amount of teaching can install what fear can instill.

Tho there are plethora of causes for their ineptness, but we still have to live with it. It needs time and there is no magic wand for it. And that is why we exercise caution. No amount of talking or reparation can recover your loss, be it in any case. Better to be safe than sorry.

Mmm….Solutions. It will also sound like the blabbering above. Less focus on ‘individualism’ as it is currently now, more importance to our family structure. More importance on traditional society, we have lost our morals along the way. My grandma says, during her time she never faced any of these situation, rather opposite. People she didn’t knew were well behaved and courteous. (Also, it was easy to identify any person then, as most knew each other). About Bollywood, nuke it, shut it down. For Police, we have to be realistic, it requires more infra and time. Afterall, the police is just another reflection of us or our country. Also, to have proper social norms and to make people respect/adhere it seems impossible to me in democracy. You have to appease everyone, even individuals and their ‘rights’. Democracy and its effect may seem well and good for now, but we are only living at our children’s expense.

Bharat Ek Khoj

This was my first post in this thread. And one genius called me a retard for it.
I think your first two lines are bit disrespectful or offensive. What I do is I type same thing in different way and finally choose that can be represented well.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
There was news of mass rapes in Haryana which was later proved to be a lie spread by certain political jerks.

Is there any credible proof of this mass molestation incident?

I can see there have been two videos in circulation but are they from New Year's eve ?

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
Shouldn't what they do when their drunk in a group as opposed to how much they drink be prohibited?

prohumanity

Country flag
Its sex starved Indian men combined with sense of entitlement and power on women..mixed with drunken ness that creates such shameful situation.

I suggest that such violent and disgusting behavior should be punished by exposing these men and putting their pictures , their names and addresses ...on TV channels to set examples for the rest of men.

Indian civilization believes in "yatre naryante pujyente..ramante tatra devata" These Bangaluru rapists/molesters are not "devata"...they are demons and they should get punishment for traumatizing Indian women..
it makes me sad and angry to see those videos where these helpless women have to tolerate this inhuman behavior.

I am otm shank

girls are are fault:megusta::megusta:

wearing mini skirt in front of jahil drunk desi crowd is like fresh meat loaf going in lion's cage

they forget there is still a difference in Indian and western mentality.

case closed
:bplease:
IMO The difference between eastern and western mentality is that westerners are very promiscuous while easterners are not. westerners have an outlet but it affects their ability to build strong stable families but there's less impulse when comes to sex. it's the opposite for asians

mayfair

^^ Despite the difference in mentality, this happens

Innsbruck women suffered at least 18 sex attacks amid New Year

Austrian authorities are investigating an unprecedented number of sexual assaults that occurred on New Year’s Eve in the western city of Innsbruck. Eighteen women have so far reported being groped by a crowd of “individuals.”

A group of around 10 unidentified individuals carried out the sexual assaults on young women at Innsbruck’s main square where around 25,000 people gathered on New Year’s Eve, senior police official Ernst Kranebitter said.

“We’ve not had anything like this happen here before,” Kranebitter added, as quoted by AFP.

“They were dancing around the victims and then suddenly grabbed their breast or stuck their hands between their legs. That’s what made it hard for others to notice what was going on – it all happened amid festivities.”

The attackers have been described as young people in their late teens, according to Kranebitter.

Poor quality amateur video of the assaults hasn’t been of help to investigators.
Apart from Germany, Sweden, Austria, Finland, and Switzerland also reported a number of sex attacks last year.

captonjohn

Country flag
I think we need a huge campaign to increase awareness about self-defense in women across the nation. There are many tools that can save your life like pepper spray, stun gun, electric shock devices, etc.

Most important most women should start learning some martial arts to stay fit and invade such attackers. I want each girl to be Jakie Chain so such assholes would run for their life.

Hassain Ghazini

To some extent, this happens in Pakistan as well. Although we had no major incidents like this during New Year's eve, during the PTI protests last year, several women were molested. But the suspects that were caught on camera were quickly arrested the next day.

ABHINANDAN

Country flag
Please stop defaming Bangalore now ..... real culprits are behind the bars of the video footage incident and police will take strict action for mass molestation case too... I will not say they are from outsiders, north, south, Kannadiga, Tamil, ....blah ....blah ....... whoever did this are criminals, it was planned molestation and they are in judicial custody.... Bangalorians will not tolerate like this incident and will oppose such incidents wholeheartedly
'
'
'

The much-sensationalised molestation of a north-eastern woman in Bengaluru, which grabbed the attention of the entire nation on Wednesday, has found a major breakthrough with the Bengaluru city police arresting four perverts while two are still at large.

The four molesters are identified as Aiyappa alias Nitish Kumar, 19, Leno alias Lenin Patrick, 20, Sudhesh alias Sudi, 20, Somashekar alias Chinni, 24, all residents of Kammanahalli area. Police Commissioner Praveen Sood said, "I wholeheartedly appreciate Prashanth Francis, a resident of Kammanahalli who helped us with CCTV camera footage installed at his house which captured the perverted actions of the arrested persons."

"Soon after, he contacted our men. We did not waste any time, and immediately took up a suo moto case and formed a special team to nab the culprits. The team has zeroed in on four persons within 48 hours. We did not wait for the victim to file a complaint, or try to get in touch with her for a statement because the CCTV camera footage in itself was credible evidence," he added.

It was a planned molestation

The woman who had recently come to the city for her studies had fallen prey to these perverts. It was not a sudden act at all. One of the woman's friends was staying near the arrested person's house. The victim used to visit the friend's house often, and over the last one week, she stayed at her friend's place along with another friend. This is when she caught the eye of the molesters. The molesters hang around in the area near eateries and tea stalls, and one day when the she was passing through the road, all four noticed her. Leno told the group that he would like to date her.

Since all the accused had seen the woman in the area, on December 31st night while drinking, they discussed how they could get close to her. After that, they carried some more liquor and food to the nearby Rajkumar park. Spending almost two hours there, they realised it was past 12 am. They went around in the area on their two-wheelers wishing people randomly. This went on till almost 2 am. The gang then decided to have fun with some random woman, but unfortunately the victim and her friend were returning home in an autorickshaw, which Chinni saw. He alerted the rest of his friends, especially Leno, as he was infatuated by her. All of them started challenging Leno to wish her on New Year 'if at all he had guts'. Thereafter, they started following the autorickshaw in their two-wheelers. The autorickshaw stopped at the corner of the road on 5th main Kammanahalli. The victim's friend left the place after which she paid the driver and started walking alone on the empty dark road.

Sudesh, Somashekar and two others at large, went ahead the autorickshaw without stopping as the driver was present. They came back to the corner and stopped monitoring the victim. Signals were passed on to Leno who immediately sped on his scooter towards the woman. However, he was scared to approach her, but Aiyappa sarcastically told him he would show him how a woman was to be greeted. The rest is visible in the footage..................................

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rs-are-delivery-boys/articleshow/56367413.cms

Levina

A feminist who is a Doval fan
Country flag
This is so depressing. Feeling so helpless right now.... @aditya10r @aditya g @Blackwater @Razor @roma @Levina @pmaitra @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @rock127 @SREEKAR @Indx TechStyle @Bornubus @Kshatriya87 @dharmic @DingDong @sob @DHARMA
Bangalore wala people please comment and tell us what happened and what steps are being taken to get the culprit behind the bars...
I'm glad that this incident was reported.
The problem is, in India eve teasers and molesters do not face any stringent action.
Since they know they can get away with it so not one but many try their hand at it.
It happened in Bangaluru doesn't mean Lucknow,Chennai or Cochin are any safer.
Stricter laws against molesters is the need of the hour.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I'm glad that this incident was reported.
The problem is, in India eve teasers and molesters do not face any stringent action.
Since they know they can get away with it so not one but many try their hand at it.
It happened in Bangaluru doesn't mean Lucknow,Chennai or Cochin are any safer.
Stricter laws against molesters is the need of the hour.
Let's not bundle everything in as "in India nothing works", usually eve teasers are taken care of either by people themselves or by the police patrol.

Police patrolling is much better than now what it used to be more than 30 years back, when I used to be defacto body guard for my sister. Female police officers have also grown considerably. Some states/cities are handling policing better than others.

Having said that, police understaffing and their work overload is definitely a problem. And majority of the police modernisation funds are being spent on vehicles as of now, hope soon they move on to procuring better tech.

Levina

Country flag
Let's not bundle everything in as "in India nothing works", usually eve teasers are taken care of either by people themselves or by the police patrol.

Police patrolling is much better than now what it used to be more than 30 years back, when I used to be defacto body guard for my sister. Female police officers have also grown considerably. Some states/cities are handling policing better than others.

Having said that, police understaffing and their work overload is definitely a problem. And majority of the police modernisation funds are being spent on vehicles as of now, hope soon they move on to procuring better tech.
Sire
The punishment for molestation under Section 323 is mere Rs1000.
That tells you volumes about how seriously we take molestation.
Yes under section 354 and 323 perpetrators can face a jail of upto 2years but in most of the cases they pay money and can get away with it.

That's indeed a good news.

usually eve teasers are taken care of either by people themselves or by the police patrol.
But my question is how often do such eve teasers get punished either by police or the public?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sire
The punishment for molestation under Section 323 is mere Rs1000.
That tells you volumes about how seriously we take molestation.
Yes under section 354 and 323 perpetrators can face a jail of upto 2years but in most of the cases they pay money and can get away with it.

That's indeed a good news.

But my question is how often do such eve teasers get punished either by police or the public?
Indian judicial system is punishment enough. it takes years for the case to settle, if there is a case.

Levina

Country flag
Indian judicial system is punishment enough. it takes years for the case to settle, if there is a case.
If you were the victim of molestation, then you might not even file a case against the man because you know the maximum punishment that he's gonna get is 1year jail or Rs1000.
Come on!
That's not even worth filing a case.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
If you were the victim of molestation, then you might not even file a case against the man because you know the maximum punishment that he's gonna get is 1year jail or Rs1000.
Come on!
That's not even worth filing a case.
How is it fair that for say 5-10 min. of molestation a guy has languish in prison for up to 2 years and get ass-raped every other Tuesday?
Molest him back or give him a good thrashing. After all they tell me this is an age of equality and men and women must be treated equally.

Also you do realize that these molestation/rape/divorce "laws" are abused by women, right? It's not just men who abuse laws.

:scared1:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Ladke ka career kharab ho jayega,

This is the reason why police tries to settle the matter outside FIR.

Whether 1000 rupees fine or 500. Once the section is put and FIR is lodged. It remains a record and with that section 323 or 354. He would not be accepted anywhere in job.

This is the meain reason they are linient.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles