Being A Deist!

Malvika Sharma

A Deist is a person who believes that God created the world. This person might or might not

believe in evolution, but knows that God is behind it all and he's satisfied with that thought.

He doesn't feel the need to follow a religion; Meaning: A Deist does not give a dime (for the

lack of better word) who came first, who came last, who was the son and who was the

prophet, and especially who wrote what in which book. He respects these people and chooses

not to talk or even think about them. He know's God is up there and as long as he doesn't

steal, lie, and hurt other people he has no need for following religion.

And that's what I am. A friend of mine said that the God created this universe and left it in

'Auto-pilot' mode. Chill up guys! Don't disturb that divine soul, its resting. It has got a lot of

work to left to.. probably its writing the end of this world, who knows.

I am not capable of seeing God, and maybe don't even want to see him. I know whatever I

do, he is watching, checking my right and wrong doings. I am not into religious books and

scriptures, those lengthy, brainwashing, time consuming pages. I don't know who wrote

them when pen and pencil were barely available.. are they divine discoveries? I don't know,

neither I want to know. I believe that the God will value my good deeds more than my

religious knowledge.

I don't want to be the one, as said in the movie 'Khuda Key Liye' -- Haraam Ki Kamayi Liye..

Halaal Gosht Ki Dukaan Dhundhne Wala.

Enjoy Life!

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
So you believe in god, but not in man-made religion and rituals... :thumb:

A Deist is a person who believes that God created the world. This person might or might not

believe in evolution, but knows that God is behind it all and he's satisfied with that thought.

He doesn't feel the need to follow a religion; Meaning: A Deist does not give a dime (for the

lack of better word) who came first, who came last, who was the son and who was the

prophet, and especially who wrote what in which book. He respects these people and chooses

not to talk or even think about them. He know's God is up there and as long as he doesn't

And that's what I am. A friend of mine said that the God created this universe and left it in

'Auto-pilot' mode. Chill up guys! Don't disturb that divine soul, its resting. It has got a lot of

I am not capable of seeing God, and maybe don't even want to see him. I know whatever I

do, he is watching, checking my right and wrong doings. I am not into religious books and

scriptures, those lengthy, brainwashing, time consuming pages. I don't know who wrote

them when pen and pencil were barely available.. are they divine discoveries? I don't know,

neither I want to know. I believe that the God will value my good deeds more than my

religious knowledge.

I don't want to be the one, as said in the movie 'Khuda Key Liye' -- Haraam Ki Kamayi Liye..

Enjoy Life!

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned

religious knowledge.

Enjoy Life!
Deism is irrelevant after Darwin. Materialism is too naive and arrogant. The only viable viewpoint is spiritual atheism.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Deism is irrelevant after Darwin. Materialism is too naive and arrogant. The only viable viewpoint is spiritual atheism.
Only for highly educated one can spiritual atheism of the type shown by Sam Harris can it be viable. For vast masses in India it can not and till then there is no alternative to hinduism which combines simple, naive, but harmless animism with philosophy enough to put to shame likes of Plato.

TrueSpirit

Only for highly educated one can spiritual atheism of the type shown by Sam Harris can it be viable. For vast masses in India it can not and till then there is no alternative to hinduism which combines simple, naive, but harmless animism with philosophy enough to put to shame likes of Plato.
A practical enough viewpoint in context of Indian sub-continent.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
A practical enough viewpoint in context of Indian sub-continent.
I have made a detailed study of what too much "rationality" can do to people. In that case people start turning humans into a an animal who has no needs or no tastes except economic interests and is an animal who can be conditioned to anything. This stupidity leads to survival of the fittest whereby any massacre can be justified and finally when age old cherished customs of propriety and decency is thrown, man really becomes animal. It was this rationality which has led me to read some stories in east european countries where people were brutalized so much for some 6 decades that they do not see anything wrong in what they did.

The case of Mao Tse tung comes to mind, the xenophobic hans would tell you that they have been very practical and realistic than us indians which actually led to a situation where that Mao was torturing the people for mere fact that his portraits were not picked up by a child from a drain and even worse, he and his henchmen sexually abused many married as well as virgin girls. The rationality told these women that they were not doing anything bad as they were just kicking" feudal and outdated notions of an oppressive and counterrevolutionary patriarchial morality formed by a gentry to keep down the masses" and you will be surprised to know, that these ladies were so brainwashed that they proudly talked about STD got from the chairman Mao.

That is why I oppose any violent and sudden breakdown in our society, let it go its way and be rest assured no other people have shown willingness to change their style with least bloodshed and easiest conscience. There is no untouchability or child ,marriage but hinduism is alive and kicking atleast till now and no matter how great role the reformers played the fact remains that no bloodshed occured by what communist bastards call "reactionary" forces.

Contrast China where people are so brutalized by centuries of manchu rule and then decades of communist rule, that they do not find it nauseating to eat human babies in pills to increase their time in bed.

TrueSpirit

I agree with the fact that too much of anything, be it rationality, materialism, faith, fundamental-ism or even scientific spirituality can be inimical to interests of masses.
Moderation is the way to go.
We do not have to follow China or USA in wild pursuit of material wealth, unmindful of the toll such an endeavor extracts on communities & the environment.
We would carve our own original path.

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned
Op, so you're a sikh? :S

truespirit and also mayura really addressing last post:

Wrong way to look at it. We live and breath spirtuality, what does that mean?

Well, how would you define religion?

Leaving dharma out of this, I would say consumerism is a religion that masquerades in various forms.

What we call maya.

The chinese and americans are both mayathari the chinese brutally so (internally).

I can't comment on India, as for every idealistic thought I have, there's some pedo, or rapist, or petty criminal posing as a revolutionary.

I'll leave the comments to people who live there.

However, all I can say is from my heart, and from experience I can tell you those who pursue wealth always end up with dust, as that is what everything turns to.

ਸੂਰਾਸੋਪਹਿਚਾਨੀਐਜੁਲਰੈਦੀਨਕੇਹੇਤ॥ਪੁਰਜਾਪੁਰਜਾਕਟਿਮਰੈਕਬਹੂਨਛਾਡੈਖੇਤੁ॥੨॥੨॥

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ||

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles