Beijing South Railway Station.....a very futuristic building

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I'm sure nimo can reply for himself.

If you find my posts objectionable, a personal message would suffice. May I suggest you go easy with the public rebukes, unless you are open to a fair debate - which I assume you aren't ?
No, the protocol here is that if you find another member's post objectionable, you report it, and not reply to it yourself. A moderator can remind an entire swarm of people by posting guidelines public. And may I remind you, you can be rebuked, and that has nothing to do with fairness of a debate, your assumptions of me don't matter.

SHASH2K2

Did you know, Apple iPhone is made only in China?
When it comes to Iphones China contribute mainly to assembling and some basic components. all major chips are made either in USA or in Europe.
http://texyt.com/iphone+manufacturer+supplier+assembler+not+apple+00113

Regarding quality of huawei products Dove is bang on target. I have 3 friends who were part of Huawei and I mysewlf in Alcatel-Lucent so I know their quality very well.

iPhone Primary Contractors - a partial list
Software and design Apple USA
Assembly Foxconn?, Quanta, Unknown Taiwan
TFT-LCD Screen Sanyo Epson, Sharp, TMD Japan
Video processor chip Samsung Korea
Touch screen overlay Balda Germany
Bluetooth chip Cambridge Silicon Radio UK
Chip manufacture TSMC, UMC Taiwan
Baseband IC Infineon Technology Germany
WIFI Chip Marvell USA
Touch screen control chip Broadcom USA
CMOS chip Micron USA
NOR Flash ICs Intel, SST USA
Display Driver chip National Semi, Novatek US, TW
Case, Mechanical parts Catcher, Foxconn Tech Taiwan
Camera lens Largan Precision Taiwan
Camera module Altus-Tech, Primax, Lite On Taiwan
Battery Charger Delta Electronics Taiwan
Timing Crystal TXC Taiwan
Passive components Cyntec Taiwan
Connector and cables Cheng Uei, Entery Taiwan

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
When it comes to Iphones China contribute mainly to assembling and some basic components. all major chips are made either in USA or in Europe.
http://texyt.com/iphone+manufacturer+supplier+assembler+not+apple+00113

iPhone Primary Contractors - a partial list
Software and design Apple USA
Assembly Foxconn?, Quanta, Unknown Taiwan
TFT-LCD Screen Sanyo Epson, Sharp, TMD Japan
Video processor chip Samsung Korea
Touch screen overlay Balda Germany
Bluetooth chip Cambridge Silicon Radio UK
Chip manufacture TSMC, UMC Taiwan
Baseband IC Infineon Technology Germany
WIFI Chip Marvell USA
Touch screen control chip Broadcom USA
CMOS chip Micron USA
NOR Flash ICs Intel, SST USA
Display Driver chip National Semi, Novatek US, TW
Case, Mechanical parts Catcher, Foxconn Tech Taiwan
Camera lens Largan Precision Taiwan
Camera module Altus-Tech, Primax, Lite On Taiwan
Battery Charger Delta Electronics Taiwan
Timing Crystal TXC Taiwan
Passive components Cyntec Taiwan
Connector and cables Cheng Uei, Entery Taiwan
Close to every component you mentioned is fabricated in Taiwan (another country that is classified as "developing" country) so my point stands, that anything manufactured in a developing country by a manufacturer from a developed country stands at a false advantage compared to a product made in a developing country by a manufacturer local to that country, even if quality in reality, is not a factor.

SHASH2K2

Close to every component you mentioned is fabricated in Taiwan (another country that is classified as "developing" country) so my point stands, that anything manufactured in a developing country by a manufacturer from a developed country stands at a false advantage compared to a product made in a developing country by a manufacturer local to that country, even if quality in reality, is not a factor.
I thought one will consider technology involve in making those components. components made by Foxcon are not at all critical and any small country can produce is. all critical component of the Iphone are not made in China. They merely assemble it .

PHP:
Interestingly, of the 600 USD that is paid to Apple for each iPhone only 6.54 USD is accounted for by the supply chain in China!

I already posted this link a long back but will post it again.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/06/technology/06iphone.html?_r=1&src=busln

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I thought one will consider technology involve in making those components. components made by Foxcon are not at all critical and any small country can produce is. all critical component of the Iphone are not made in China. They merely assemble it . I read an article that out of entire cost involve in making an Iphone hardly 20 % goes to China including labour charges along with some minor components. So one cannot claim that China is manufacturing it .
Right, but at the end, an iPhone carries the China label. They spin it as "made by Apple".

Most of iPhone's components are not American. Its most critical component, the so-called "Apple A4" processor is just a re-labeled Samsung Cortex 1 GHz CPU, made in Korea.

"Interestingly, of the 600 USD that is paid to Apple for each iPhone only 6.54 USD is accounted for by the supply chain in China!"

I already posted this link a long back but will post it again.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/06/technology/06iphone.html?_r=1&src=busln
OK, I may have just used a bad example, but my point stands, I've already used Cisco's example, I'll use another one, take any high-end Nokia phone made in China. Why does it sell? because of the Nokia brand, even when it's the same Chinese manufacturing (components + parts + labour) that goes into it.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles