Beef ban in Kashmir

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Neo, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Neo

Neo Senior Member Senior Member

Beef ban in Kashmir: A’ Hindutva’ plan?

The slaughter of bovines and sale of beef is banned in Jammu and Kashmir since the pre-Partition era when the then princely state was ruled by the Dogra rulers.

Written by Bashaarat Masood | Published:September 11, 2015

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In 2014, India dislodged Brazil from the No. 1 slot, according to the US Department of Agriculture.
    The J&K High Court has directed the government to strictly enforce the ban on sale of beef in the state. The court direction came in a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by a Jammu resident.

The slaughter of bovines and sale of beef is banned in Jammu and Kashmir since the pre-Partition era when the then princely state was ruled by the Dogra rulers. In the Dogra era, the ban was strictly enforced across the state.

Watch Video: Meat Ban: Union Minister & Senior BJP Leader Nirmala Sitharaman Reacts

However, after elected governments took over, there was a relaxation in the sale of beef. While the slaughter of bovines and the sale of beef were strictly banned in the Hindu majority areas of Jammu, beef was sold at many places in Muslim majority Kashmir.

In 1986, some Hindu groups demanded strict implementation of the ban on the sale of beef. An offshoot of the beef controversy was that it brought to centre stage a little known cleric in south Kashmir. Qazi Nisar, the cleric, slaughtered a cow in the main chowk in Anantnag turning him into a leader and one of the founders of the Muslim United Front (MUF), an amalgam of religious parties which took on the Congress-National Conference coalition in the 1987 elections – the alleged rigging of that election resulted in the rise of militancy in Kashmir.

This time too, the beef ban is snowballing into a major controversy with separatists terming it an “interference in the religion”. They have already announced street protests and called for a shutdown. In fact, women separatist leader Andrabi slaughtered a cow on Thursday in defiance of the high court order.

Though traditionally Kashmiris prefer mutton over beef, especially in the urban centres, the high court order is seen as an attack on religious identity– especially in Kashmir. With Maharashtra at the back of the mind and the BJP a coalition partner in the J&K government, people see this as part of a “Hindutva plan” which could well mean more unrest in the Muslim areas of the valley.

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/in...kashmir-a-hindutva-plan/#sthash.rrCaN4QR.dpuf

blue marlin likes this.
  3. Neo

Seriously? Can you ban beef consumption in a muslim majority state?
    Kashmiris will never accept this.

blue marlin likes this.
  4. Neo

blue marlin likes this.
  5. I_PLAY_BAD

I_PLAY_BAD Regular Member

Well, they did it. Why is your a$$ aching ??

6. I_PLAY_BAD

Do you idiots know the reason for this judgement?

Listen....

A law preventing slaughter of cows and bullocks was introduced in kashmir 150 years ago by IPC.

Due to special status of Kashmir the state had two penal codes (IPC and RPC). Beef is banned by IPC but not by RPC. The HC has woken up after so many years and directed the state to implement IPC which is a good sign. That is the reason for this new development. Kashmir is gradually integrating into Indian judicial system. That is the real reason these retards are butt hurt.

J&K Muslims bred like animals and rapidly increased their population and drove out pandits. Don't you feel ashamed to call Kashmir a Muslim majority state ?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    saty, raja696, rock127 and 1 other person like this.
  7. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    thanks for this explanation! I was under the impression that cattle-slaughter is already banned in J&K, and was wondering why the 're-ban' and the hullabaloo over this.

the 5-star PETA-warriors i guess would've restarted their rudaali AGAINST this ban by now.

ersakthivel likes this.
  8. I_PLAY_BAD

For these separatists Hinduphobia is the last hope which they can capitalize to create societal disturbances and divide Muslims from Hindus. By doing this they think their cause of separate Kashmir state will realize.

I say, separatists must stop thinking from their asses.

ersakthivel likes this.
  9. OneGrimPilgrim

you are expecting just too much from pawns.

BTW, human-meat is said to be tender. flesh of these separatists would be a perfect replacement for those dying from the lack of beef. GoI should quickly make the necessary arrangements to see that the peacefuls of Kashmir don't suffer from malnourishment and starvation.

10. Neo

What message will this send to peace loving liberal Kashmiri muslims who have been loyal or neutral sofar?

blue marlin and FRYCRY like this.
  11. OneGrimPilgrim

what should - to approach the court itself with their grievance against this judicial-ruling.
    what most probably will - the unintelligible cacophony of the separatist-loons & louts.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    rock127 likes this.
  12. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Where were you when Hindu Pundits/Sikhs were butchered by your pussy Terrorists(Pak soldiers)?

You accepted the genocide happily and now protesting.

How come Pakis accepted such a #1 PIG eating nation as their BESHHHHT friend since Pakistan is a Islamic State??? :lol:

[​IMG]

13. OneGrimPilgrim

what's that funny line - "Himalay se oonchi, dariya se gahri...."?! :pound:

also, what's bewildering as well as amusing is, Islam prohibits eating the flesh of some animals (canines too I guess), apart from the swine. pig-flesh is prohibited as the animal is 'dirty'. ok, understood. but does it demand its followers to compulsorily eat bovine-flesh?! I suppose not. then why always the rudaali over this issue, as if its an attack on Islam itself?! and as if it forms their staple-diet, to be eaten daily without fail, and is consumed each day by every Muslim religiously, else starvation or malnourishment awaits.

14. rock127

Also Meat itself is Costly and Un-hygienic(in India at least) and Muslims are mostly poor.

Why would someone eat such Costly Un-hygienic food as their main diet?

Why such compulsion to eat meat?

15. OneGrimPilgrim

the jholawallas keep a counter ready for that question up their sleeve - that bovine-meat is the cheapest form of meat, and thus the poor dalits and muslims shouldn't be bereft of their this inexpensive recourse to a 'nutritious' diet.

16. rock127

First... why such compulsion to eat meat?

About 'nutritious' diet... my foot.

Jholawalas are BIG fool if they try to base the claim on nutrition since its a big crap.It's a BIG MYTH that meat eating is 'nutritious' and non-meat is not.Non-Meat has enough nutrition and even better.

17. OneGrimPilgrim

yes but they assert that that the rising cost of pulses and veggies, etc., has made them unaffordable for the poor, and thus the wise idea of consuming bovine-meat.

18. bengalraider

bengalraider DFI Technocrat Stars and Ambassadors

in a fast food joint next to the imperial shipyard
    @Neo -Look as far as I understand it, eating beef is not mandatory in Islam. The court or for that matter the state or any extra consitutional authority has never undertaken any judgement that bars or prohibits Muslims from conducting core islamic activitiesthe Namaz(like China), keeping beards(like China) or keeping the Hijab( like China).How do you justify Beijing's rule over Xinjiang given the prohibition over core Islamic beliefs while you use the filthy pretext of a judicial ban on a food habit to justify independence for Kashmir boggles my mind. Please explain!

Vishwarupa and rock127 like this.
  19. rock127

Good one... let's see if Islam tells Muslims to eat Beef/Meat to be a Good Muslim.

20. flyingarg

flyingarg Regular Member

Btw, is that not a buffalo in the pic? And is not buffalo consumed by some hindu sects?

Anyways who cares. Let them eat cows meat. The whole world consumes it. Why should one force his/her dietary tastes on others ?

21. Sylex21

Sylex21 Regular Member

So the idea is to ban beef across the nation, as much as possible. While Kashmir might be majority Muslim the drive is a national one and as you well know India is majority Hindu.

In this case the stakes aren't equal. Hindu's care a lot more about banning beef, which is deeply offensive to them, much more than Muslims care about not eating one specific animal out of so many.

I agree that there is another side to the anti-beef movement, with some solid arguments against them. Honestly as a Hindu I recognize how deeply offensive it is that India is/was? the largest beef exporting nation vs. recognizing that laws based on religious views are generally not a good or just idea. Hopefully this will be a rare exception to an otherwise general policy of making laws based on logic and not religious motives.

In this case I can see it bothering Kashmiri's and that is unfortunate, but the nation has also had to put up with a lot of issues because of the Kashmiris. It is ultimately something the Indian government calculates they will have to live with.

While having to deal with the beef ban is annoying for non Hindu's, injustices happen around the world. Look at Pakistan and Bangladesh and their percentages of Hindu's. Having to deal with a beef ban, but being respected enough as a minority in a nation that you don't have to flee in terror to Pakistan, and not having to be worried about being force converted, chased out or killed, is a pretty nice perk the Muslims of India enjoy that the Hindu's of Pakistan and Bangladesh don't.

Not to mention the numerous religious laws in Pakistan that are much worse than the beef ban. The blasphemy law for example.

If the Kashmiri's see themselves as Indians 1st, they will realize that their nation has a strong cultural aversion to cow slaughter and will back it as fellow Indians. If they see themselves as anything else, they are welcome to leave India.

3The Crossbow and rohit.gr77 like this.