BBC Report on Gay Pakistani Muslims

KS

Bye bye DFI
I am not judging the person in question..as long as he doesnt force others to fulfil his 'favors' I dont give two hoots to his individual 'orientations'. It's he and his life.

But the reason why I said it needs to be closed is because this is primarily a defence forum or even a political forum..but what excuse is there for such personal matters and that too happening in Pakistan to be posted/discussed here.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is defence forum.

Apart from equipment photograph where is the defence issues that are being discussed?

Yes, it does have some nice photos of military equipment.

In fact, it appears that though the forum stands for defence discussions, it is also a space for a varied number of issues that is not connected to defence.

Just my thoughts!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I am not judging the person in question..as long as he doesnt force others to fulfil his 'favors' I dont give two hoots to his individual 'orientations'. It's he and his life.

But the reason why I said it needs to be closed is because this is primarily a defence forum or even a political forum..but what excuse is there for such personal matters and that too happening in Pakistan to be posted/discussed here.
The poster wanted to high light the lack of freedom inside Islam, which is a political issue...nuff said..

Nagraj

Quoted for truth. if there is similar report about india i will love to discuss that.
but pakistan seriously.........

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Quoted for truth. if there is similar report about india i will love to discuss that.
but pakistan seriously.........
Pakistan is a very sexy country.

Sex of all types, but 'undercover'.

ejazr

Ambassador
The poster wanted to high light the lack of freedom inside Islam, which is a political issue...nuff said..
I think the point is Islam as a religion does not allow homosexual behavior. Just like its not allowed in Judaism or Christianity as well. But if someone wants to be gay, there are free to in the UK. Its a country specific thing. The point of the video was that they want to be Gay AND Muslim because both of these are - they believe - an important part of their life. Others of course can just be gay and a non-practicing muslim.

For example, in Turkey - a muslim majority country, gay intercourse between consenting adults in legal. While in India, until 2009- even consensual gay intercourse was illegal until Supreme Court struck it down.

I did see the first video and atleast the statement about stoning gays in the Quran is false as there is no verse in the Quran that talks about stoning. Even with regards to adultery - stoning is not mentioned in the Quran. And like the Radio presented, some people have come up with unique ways of interpreting this.

I saw this other documentary on Gay Muslims which also interesting, particularly because of its global perspective. But of course, this is contentious idea overall.
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRX2Q8GYvcw[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1c6LODWPog&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4USkcU6_Ls&feature=related

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One cannot make out who is a homosexual and who is not and therefore it is difficult to ostracise such a person.

Times have changed, society has changed.

Attitudes require to be accommodating, notwithstanding religious edicts.

Imagine Ali Saleem, best known by his alter-ego Begum Nawazish Ali, is a Pakistani television host, actor, scriptwriter and impressionist and son of a Colonel, who has had everything that life can give since the Pakistani Army is one of the elite service of that country is a bisexual!

The Pakistani audience adores him!

It shows that though there is Sharia Law in Pakistan, there is a tolerance growing in the Islamic society, notwithstanding religious edicts.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If one sees the video (Jihad for Love Part 1) appended by Ejazr, one realises the great mental turmoil and sadness the man has.

One can only feel sorry for him, but to deny him a life of his own?

bhramos

Country flag
If one sees the video (Jihad for Love Part 1) appended by Ejazr, one realises the great mental turmoil and sadness the man has.

One can only feel sorry for him, but to deny him a life of his own?
as you wish....... sir

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles